Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: abc.net.au-May 9th, 2008 - "PMA drug lab raided in Sydney"

jesusisawombat

Bluelighter
PMA drug lab raided in Sydney

Posted 50 minutes ago
Updated 51 minutes ago

Police in Sydney say they have uncovered a clandestine laboratory that produces the highly toxic drug para-methoxyamphetamine (PMA).

PMA is sometimes sold as the drug ecstasy.

New South Wales police uncovered the lab during an investigation into the supply and manufacture of illicit drugs.

It is alleged the lab produced PMA, which is believed to have caused two deaths - one each in the ACT and New South Wales.

Officers searched two premises at Mount Kuring-gai in Sydney's north this morning and a home in Winston Hills in the city's west.

Three men aged 26, 29 and 24 have been arrested.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/05/09/2240286.htm

If it is indeed a PMA lab, then i have to say im glad. No need for this shit circulating.

honestly what were they thinking?

IMO.....the manufacturers should be charged with attempted murder.

Why do people make PMA pills? Does it feel like MDMA in small amounts or something?

Notchi said:
Why do people make PMA pills? Does it feel like MDMA in small amounts or something?

I presume its because precursors are easier to obtain for PMA compared to MDMA.

What dick heads I hope they get life in jail.... That shit is fucking dangerous why would you want to take it!

NickyJ said:
Do we get to know what press they were using?!

I second this question, if we know what press (es) they where using we can get a warning out to all users. We may be able stop some poor bastard getting sick or worse die

It will also stop these p!*!ks from getting any proceeds from the bad pills

Can Enlighten contact the police on a matter like this, or am I being super naive?

Can we stop with the demonising of a substance.

Low dose PMA is in fact safe. The problem is that Australian pills are so low dose that most people feel the need to double dip. Consequently you get over-doses when the drug is PMA.

Personally I think drug manufacturers should score the other side of the pill with substance/dose. Of course greed and apathy will always prevent that from happening.

chugs said:
Personally I think drug manufacturers should score the other side of the pill with substance/dose. Of course greed and apathy will always prevent that from happening.

How the hell do you think that would work for illegal drugs?

Someone can just make a pill and put '120mg MDMA' on the back, and put whatever the hell they want in it. Manufacturers aren't scrupulous, and this article is further proof of that.

asphyx said:
chugs said:
How the hell do you think that would work for illegal drugs?

Someone can just make a pill and put '120mg MDMA' on the back, and put whatever the hell they want in it. Manufacturers aren't scrupulous, and this article is further proof of that.

did you read the enitre post?

hope they release what the press was

chugs said:
Can we stop with the demonising of a substance.

Low dose PMA is in fact safe. The problem is that Australian pills are so low dose that most people feel the need to double dip. Consequently you get over-doses when the drug is PMA.

PMA, on the whole, is a useless substance. An acquaintance of mine has tried it, using pure PMA, in varying quantities, and noted that even low doses yielded shitty effects. There is no need for this to be produced purely for the fact that it gets put into pills and eventually hurts someone. Sure, if someone wants to do PMA, buy it as PMA, not as a little pill known as "ecstasy".

Im probably wrong, but last time something like this happend the governement wasn't keen on releaseing the stamp because that gave the impression of "bad pill"s and "good pills" and doing so would premote some pills are safe.

I might be wrong however.

static_mind said:
Im probably wrong, but last time something like this happend the governement wasn't keen on releaseing the stamp because that gave the impression of "bad pill"s and "good pills" and doing so would premote some pills are safe.

I might be wrong however.

That's absurd. We're talking about potentially saving peoples lives here, and they're worried about keeping this 'tough on drugs' bullshit going. Like somehow the nation is better off if people who would use ecstasy anyway get killed.

^ it's absurd, but it often happens.

Doing whatever's required to avoid sending the wrong message is frequently seen as more important than saving a few lives. If fact, every additional death aids in getting a message across that drug use is extremely dangerous.

And no-one intent on ridding the world of drugs wants to make it seem less dangerous. In doing so, it essentially indicates that providing the right drugs are used with care, it's probably not so bad to take them.

The bottom line is, prohibitionists are generally opposed to intoxication, full stop (other than alcohol, that is). Aside from the legal aspects of drug use, refusing to facilitate safer usage and exaggerating the dangers of drugs are their prime 'weapons'.

Many of us involved in harm reduction and who understood the chemistry have said all along that without reducing the demand for Ecstasy, merely stemming the supply of MDMA would very likely result in more PMA being produced locally.

While I believe there are those who use PMA knowing full well of the dangers- there's even a few who claim to prefer it - the main reason most PMA exists at all is because the starting material and all chemicals used in the synth are easily available OTC. It doesn't necessarily say that these crims are part of a big syndicate; it could even be said that most big syndicates would likely be able to source the chemicals for MDMA and wouldn't want to be involved with PMA. However, an OTC PMA synth is relatively simple, is more forgiving than a typical MDMA synth, doesn't require a hard to get amine, and using the usual starting material is already one step closer than the corresponding starting material for MDMA.

It makes sense then to expect more novices or small time cooks would be tempted to have a go at it. It's when this product makes it way into the syndicates that buy up powder and press pills that the real danger comes about. As we all know, tablets with the same press can sometimes be distributed country wide.

Maybe i'm a little more cynical, but I tend to take anything the police say with a grain of salt. Sure, i think PMA manufacturers should get the full weight of the law thrown at them, but part of me feels that the PMA line aids the police propaganda.

Daaamn

This place was a few houses down from my uncles house. You'd have never picked the place, but than again i guess if you could have it would have been gone a long time ago.

Just another reminder that both large scale operations are everywhere, and so is the law

Keep yourselves safe