• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 6.3.09 - Drug addicts should sue drug dealers

What about the drug dealer that sells to support his own habbit... Who does he sue? Himself? I could see that going a long way...

As if this could actually work though, they are not forced to buy the dugs it's a decision that they have made and if they really want to get off them then they should book themselves into rehab/seek help...

I think it would be better to sue the dealers that sell dodgy products and know they are doing it... Fair enough pills is a bit touch and go but with whizz, coke, fanta, weed, smack and things like that when you know what your getting because it's not already made for you then they should get there arses sued hardy! IMPO that is lol.

So.... a little off topic, but does anyone know of successful cases of Australians sueing tobacco companies for getting cancer? They're the world's biggest dealers after all...

^ Here is one referenced in this article about tobacco companies destroying documents pertinent to lawsuits.

I remember reading a few years back as well about a throat cancer victim here in Oz (Sydney maybe?) who succesfully sued tobacco companies and the bar she worked at; she wasn't a smoker, but the smokers in the bar led to her getting throat cancer apparently.

Regarding the OP: Legally I think it's laughable. As Smoifer pointed out, there are a lot of questions as to when exactly an addiction started and whose gear is responsible for what. Not to mention that it could be argued that if a person had psychological problems they were using substances to cover up, then it wasn't the drug or drug dealer who was at fault but rather the mental health of the addict in question.

be interesting how they propose to do this as dealers wouldn't have that much taxable/declared income to garnish

Also, a lot of dealers I know do so to support their habit and generally don't have too much money.

Their currency tends to be drugs.

Although they don't live badly, besides the drug addiction part. But not well enough to sue.