Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 6.3.09 - Drug addicts should sue drug dealers

kingpin007

Bluelighter
Drug addicts should sue drug dealers

AMY SLESSOR
6/03/2009 12:33:00 PM

AN Inverell Shire councillor is hoping to help introduce new legislation, which will allow drug addicts to sue suppliers or manufacturers for damages.

Cr John Irvine raised the issue at last week’s council meeting and now with the support he needs, he is hoping mayor Barry Johnston will take the suggestion to the next Shire’s Association meeting.

“I think it is unfair that someone can go to a restaurant and sue them if a meal makes them sick or if someone trips over in a shop they can sue the company for damages in a civil court, but for a young person who is hooked on drugs and it ruins their life, no one pays,” Cr Irvine said.

“I am drafting a resolution for the Shire’s Association to support this issue and to take it to the State Government to draft and enact on legislation that gives a drug addict the right to sue the person who supplied the illicit drug.

“Their parents, employers and other family members will also be able to sue.”

Cr Irvine said he has seen to often the negative effects of illicit drugs, especially metha-mphetamines.

“The legislation would go through the civil court process and if the dealer will name the next person up the ladder, as in who gave it to them, they will be compensated,” Cr Irvine said.

“The only way to stop these drug dealers is to take away what drives them.

“They are filled with greed and if they are saddled with being sued they will think twice about dealing drugs.”

Cr Irvine is also aiming to have a DVD released to the community next year which will include testimonials from former drug addicts, exposing what is actually put in drugs and what effects they can have.

Have your say, email [email protected]

http://inverell.yourguide.com.au/ne...-addicts-should-sue-drug-dealers/1452459.aspx

I only just found this , is from 2 weeks ago .... CRAZY IDEA !!!!

What?! I mean, I know this society is bonkers about sueing everyone for anything, but man....

Yeah, forget personal responsibility :| Let's just find someone to blame and SUE THEM. That'll fix our problems right up.

Of course your addiction is everyone's fault but your own! Any one else see the flaw in regards to people having multiple dealers? As in who's gear was it that actually got you hooked? Or who's gear it was that you had to sell your car to buy? Or which exact high it was that cost you your job? Maybe the next dealer in the time line was just helping you keep functioning in day to day life without going into WD? Paying Cr John Irvine to come up with this bullshit is a waste of perfectly good tax dollars! I should send him an invoice for a refund! Or better yet i should SUE! Or maybe i should sue my parents and the school system and the Government for outlawing all these drugs and yet by doing so making them so appealing to a once impressionable teenager!

People really need to get a clue and start taking responsibility for their own actions! Yes that's right you did it to yourself, SHOCK AND AWE!

Lol yer bit of a rant but i'm in a foul mood anyway :p

wow, I don't like the sound of this AT ALL. this is a fucking terrific idea, depending on your end game.

sounds just like in usa where they sue tobacco companies for lung cancer what bullshit

sounds just like in usa where they sue tobacco companies for lung cancer what bullshit

I think that's a little different, since the tobacco companies spent years publically denying the link to lung cancer and funding multitudes of studies to try prove that.

I don't know anybody who'll claim gear is healthy for you with a straight face.

Yeah, forget personal responsibility :| Let's just find someone to blame and SUE THEM. That'll fix our problems right up.

It does fix financial issues in a time where every one is feeling the pressure though.

And hey, if your addicted to meth, anything to get more money for meth.

How about sueing the Government because they refuse to allow any kinds of quality control on these products :p. This really is a step in the wrong direction.

And alcoholics can start suing the hotel owners too - dirty drug pushers that they are.

This guy is a simpleton.

fuck yeah , i need some extra cash even if it as at 3 dollars a month from someone with no income...... what a load of shit , whatever happened to being responsible for your own actions.

If there is no quality control and no studies behind it then how can one sue?

That's fucked up, but at least it's a small step away from "absolutely anything to do with drugs is despicable and evil"

thats fucked, but it raises the question, should i sue my doctor i had prescribe me copius amounts of benzodiazepine-type drugs and which led me tfown the terrible path of benzo addiction and withdrawals for 3 years of my 18 years on this planet?

Sueing a dealer.. sounds like a quick way to get yourself killed..