• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 5.6.09 - Police target drug offences at dance party (winter sound system 2009)

The fact that they're only cautioning people with small amounts is a great step forward in harm reduction, they're starting to realize targeting the end users achieves nothing.

"We're unhappy people are arrested and take drugs at these particular activities, but it's a fact of life. We don't see it as a soft-handed approach.

"The trafficking matters are more serious and they will come before the courts."

He added: "We try and perhaps steer people away from drugs in the first instance because we really don't want your son or daughter going to court for having a couple of pills.

"There are other alternatives to deal with it."

Me Overland's influence maybe???

He stated when he got the top job that he would not play such a hardball game on small users

Not really, this has been Victoria Police's approach to minor possession charges, especially at big dance parties for some time now. I'd like to hear Mr Overland explain how he thinks the use of sniffer dogs minimises harms to drug users and addresses the supply of these drugs when so few dealers are ever caught by these tactics.

Fair enough guess i haven't been to a large event for a while so i'm a bit outdated.

As for an explanation i highly doubt he could hoptis, i've always figured the dogs were there to pander to the media/general public and make up numbers. Plus wrong as it may be they can always twist information in favor of having dogs at events such as there being 26 overdoses at an event with no dogs, Trance Energy, but only 5 at an event with the dogs, Winter Sounds, while ignoring things like people dumping everything before they go in. The general public will buy it every time.