Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: 4kg of heroin in suitcase

Psychadelic_Paisly

Bluelighter
4kg of heroin in suitcase: police
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,9647535%5E1702,00.html
24may04

A NEW Zealand man is due to face court today after four kilograms of heroin were allegedly found in a false-bottomed suitcase at Cairns International Airport.

Australian Federal Police arrested the 24-year-old man on Saturday after he was selected for a baggage search after arriving on a flight from Hong Kong.
The man will face charges in Cairns Magistrates Court of importing and possessing a prohibited substance.

Good work. Boost the money involved in dealing heroin, and make it more attractive to people considering dealing it. Make the product harder to get and involve more weapons and high-stakes deals in it's supply. Make it so that addicts need more money to get their hit; increase associated crime.

Bravo!

Apollo 4 KG isn't that much when you think about it. I don't really have much sympathy for most presumably addicts trying to make a few k by risking years and years of their lives. Carrying drugs through an airport like that is just stupid.

apollo said:
Good work. Boost the money involved in dealing heroin, and make it more attractive to people considering dealing it. Make the product harder to get and involve more weapons and high-stakes deals in it's supply. Make it so that addicts need more money to get their hit; increase associated crime.

Bravo!

So would you prefer the government make lots of heroin and flood the the market with it? make heroin legal? supply it on every corner store maybe? try not to take too much offence to what I am about to say but what you said was the stupidest quote I have ever read. I have several friends hooked on that shit, and they all changed from good decent people to being almost complete fuckwits, and you want them to be able to get easy access to this shit? save them a few $$$ so they can buy more and maybe OD? Hey dont get me wrong I love my drugs, speed, LSD, weed, pills, mushies etc, but I have never been addicted to any of it, and I have never committed crimes in order to get it. Heroin is not a social recreational drug, I know. The world would be alot better place if there wasn't any of that shit on it. And all you BL'ers out there that are gonna reply to this thread saying "heroin is good" and "you dont know shit", dont waste your time, I know what happened to my friends and seen the way have changed.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139195&r=25

go have ANOTHER read of the thread u started.

i understand where u are coming from and its a very valid point. BUT it all comes down to this. its the USERS CHOICE to get addicted to heroin.

i dont know of / have ever heard of ANYONE that has tried heroin not knowing the risks. its about mental strength, character, and the ability to make choices based on what u think is best for u in the long term.

sure heroin CAN for 1 person be the worst thing they ever came across.. for others it can be a nice social event used only in moderation causing no harm at all to himself or the community.

So would you prefer the government make lots of heroin and flood the the market with it? make heroin legal? supply it on every corner store maybe? try not to take too much offence to what I am about to say but what you said was the stupidest quote I have ever read. I have several friends hooked on that shit, and they all changed from good decent people to being almost complete fuckwits, and you want them to be able to get easy access to this shit? save them a few $$$ so they can buy more and maybe OD?

unfortunately there are those among us in the community who depend on this substance. the majority ( to the best of my knowledge ) can not afford there addiction and there for lead to criminal activities including theft and violence. something im sure the community would like to do WITHOUT!

Cheaper heroin would only make a considerable difference to those ALREADY heading down that track of addiction. these ppl are already commiting these crimes to pay for there addiction and there for the community pays it. making it more accessible to these ppl would reduce crime and violence.

making heroin cheaper is not going to persuade more ppl to use it.
do u know anyone who chose not to do heroin because of its price ? i dont think so.. possibly because of the cost of addiction but once again... thats ADDICTION. some where no body really wants to go

- drugfuked :);)

my innerself said:
So would you prefer the government make lots of heroin and flood the the market with it? make heroin legal? supply it on every corner store maybe? try not to take too much offence to what I am about to say but what you said was the stupidest quote I have ever read. I have several friends hooked on that shit, and they all changed from good decent people to being almost complete fuckwits, and you want them to be able to get easy access to this shit? save them a few $$$ so they can buy more and maybe OD? Hey dont get me wrong I love my drugs, speed, LSD, weed, pills, mushies etc, but I have never been addicted to any of it, and I have never committed crimes in order to get it. Heroin is not a social recreational drug, I know. The world would be alot better place if there wasn't any of that shit on it. And all you BL'ers out there that are gonna reply to this thread saying "heroin is good" and "you dont know shit", dont waste your time, I know what happened to my friends and seen the way have changed.

Firstly;
Drugs don't turn people into "almost complete fuckwits"; people turn themselves into "almost complete fuckwits". So don't take any offence to this, much like I wont take any offence to what you said, but your friends are the fuckwits. Not the heroin. Heroin is an inanimate arrangement of atoms with no consciousness; as such it can't be blamed for the downfall of your mates. They did it, not the heroin. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Get the point?

Secondly;
I am not in favour of legalising heroin (nor am I pro-gun, it's just a handy analogy). I don't know how you managed to come up with the suggestion that my beliefs supported legalisation and unrestricted sale of heroin, but it doesn't really matter as you now know where I stand on the matter.

Thirdly;
There is no point in saying that the world would be better without heroin. Obviously there's no way we'll ever find out. The fact is heroin exists in this world, and causes problems. So long as it does, I ask you what is the more rational approach?

1. Make heroin illegal, and as hard to get as possible by busting dealers and suppliers alike. This brings all manner of illegal activity - where there's money to be made on the black market there's guns, there's violence, there's prices to be paid, there's goods to be stolen. There's money to be spent policing the black market. Now that's just the cost borne by society as a whole. Users have to keep things shady, increasing health related complications from injecting. Then there's also the issue of contaminated products and unknown purities, which lead to a lot of overdoses.

2. Decriminalise heroin, but keep it restricted. To whom it is supplied and how is not for me to decide. Perhaps people who are addicted can visit doctors, prove they have addictions in one way or another, and obtain a permit to obtain some that way. I don't know. Regardless, what does it change? Those with addictions can get their hit with 0 risk of contamination or unknown purity. So it's safer and healthier for the addicts. The black market shrinks. It'll probably never dissapear, but gang activity, theft, break & enter and violence related to extreme heroin addictions would go way the fuck down.

There is no "answer" that solves all the problems posed. But the harm caused by heroin could be significantly reduced by taking a different approach, in my humble opinion.

:)