• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: 4-methylmethcathinone in Cairns

If anyone knows whether the synthesis path from cathinone to methcathinone is viable it would be great to know. I couldn't find a synthesis route after doing a quick search.

It's possible, although not nearly as straight forward as the N-methylation of amphetamine. The easier route to methcat is via the oxidation of pseudoephedrine, as the procedure is simple and there's no tricky to get chems needed. Be aware though, an impurity (Mn) from one such method causes irreversible brain damage.

It is not really possible to 4-methylate cathinone without destroying it.

Again, it can be done, but it would hardly be considered economical.

This was a while ago but I don't think these articles got posted.

Fake ecstasy pills warning
June 20, 2008 04:45pm

THOUSANDS of capsules seized during a raid at a far north Queensland home this week have been found to contain a dangerous stimulant, police say.
A 37-year-old man was charged after officers found thousands of filled and empty capsules, four kilograms of cannabis, one kilogram of speed and almost $26,000 in cash at a Palm Cove home, near Cairns.

Far Northern Region Drug Squad detectives said a laboratory analysis found the presence of ethylcathinone and 4-methylmethcathinone.

Detective Senior Sergeant Mick Dowie said 4-methylmethcathinone was a derivative of cathinone, a dangerous drug listed in Schedule 2 of the Drugs Misuse Act.

The illegal stimulant can cause convulsions, delusions, hallucinations, fever and an irregular heart beat, he said.

"They are not MDMA or ecstasy despite dealers allegedly marketing them as such,'' Snr Sgt Dowie said.

Police are eager to speak to anyone who has been offered, purchased or taken any of the capsules.

Investigations are continuing into the their production and distribution.

Anyone with information that could help police with their investigations should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Courier Mail

Ecstasy users warned of drug switch
AAP
June 20, 2008 05:27pm

THOUSANDS of capsules seized at a far north Queensland home this week contain a dangerous stimulant, police say.

A 37-year-old man was charged after officers found thousands of filled and empty capsules, four kilograms of cannabis, one kilogram of speed and almost $26,000 in cash at a Palm Cove home, near Cairns, today.

Far Northern Region Drug Squad detectives today said a laboratory analysis found the presence of ethylcathinone and 4-methylmethcathinone.

Detective Senior Sergeant Mick Dowie said 4-methylmethcathinone was a derivative of cathinone, a dangerous drug listed in Schedule 2 of the Drugs Misuse Act.

The illegal stimulant can cause convulsions, delusions, hallucinations, fever and an irregular heart beat, he said.

"They are not MDMA or ecstasy despite dealers allegedly marketing them as such,'' Snr Sgt Dowie said.

Police are eager to speak to anyone who has been offered, purchased or taken any of the capsules.

Investigations are continuing into the their production and distribution.

Anyone with information that could help police with their investigations should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

News.com.au

Funny how they never mention the fun effects.

The only things I know about this drug is it is easier to make than meth, which I have no clue about either but seeing as its so easy to make then im guessing some dickhead has gone that one step further past methbombs to methcathinone bombs, stupid fucks, id notice straight away it wasnt meth or MDMA and im sure many others would too. I would have thought it'd be a complete waste of money to do all this and just for a shitty drug like methcathnone.

Saw this in the 'lastest thread', looked in and thought I'd add a bit of info, if anyone's interested.

Ethcathinone (N-ethylcathinone) is the active metabolite of the slimming drug diethylpropion (N,N-diethylcathinone), which was marketed as Tenuate Dospan & Apisate (well in the UK, but these things often have the same trade name in other countries). As such, it'll have been given the full trials treatment before approval as a pharmaceutical; ethcathinone will have equally been given the full treatment as well as the active drug diethylpropion has been metabolized to. Just look up diethylpropion hydrochloride in any on line medicines database or text book and find a shit load of highly accurate information

As for 4-methylmethcathinone, I don't think anybody knows much about it, it's side effects and any problems from long term use, but as a personal opinion, there's something about it that just seems dodgy (like long term side effects similar to fenfluramine, which was an appetite supressant that also had effects on serotonin)

Finally the combination of the two might cause some ugly things to happen in the long term. Alright, it doesn't seem acutely toxic like 4-MTA or PMA, which can kill from a single dose, but that doesn't mean it's safe (thalidomide wasn't acutely toxic, but the long term side effects were pretty drastic).

Until/unless there's some research done on 4-methylmethcathinone, the first we might know of any long term effects will be when long term recreational users start developing taste buds in their arse or some equally horrible affliction...

Just bumping to say these are definitely still circulating in Cairns.

Whilst up there during the holidays, met some people in a club who were taking and buying the capsules shown in the original news article from months back.

Cairns-WebUsual-CP18JUN08P101-CC102113-PILLS.jpg

Cracked one open myself and the smell, taste and effect was instantly recognisable as being the content of the sub-cocas. Others who I talked to that night who were were buying and taking these were adamant that they "were definitely MDMA" 8)

Also, without going into prices, some very unscrupulous people up in the tropics are making a killing selling these off as MDMA capsules.

was mentioned earlier in this post that these have it to melbourne, anyone seen them here lately? seeing that pic they look a lot like some caps i bought a week or so ago that were sold as md caps. double dropped then double dropped again and they got me pretty fucked, not sure whether they were md or these things tho, i think a mate still has one left over should go check it out.

Mdma caps are never anywhere near that full. 1pt or if your lucky 1.25pts (normal strong dose and very strong dose of pure mdma) hardly fills 1/4 of a cap let alone a full one

was mentioned earlier in this post that these have it to melbourne, anyone seen them here lately? seeing that pic they look a lot like some caps i bought a week or so ago that were sold as md caps. double dropped then double dropped again and they got me pretty fucked, not sure whether they were md or these things tho, i think a mate still has one left over should go check it out.

Will be interested in your findings OTR, still have a couple of these I picked up a few weeks ago, look similar to the picture, although the filling in mine seems more powdery than the image above.

Will keep an eye out to see what you find.

I am all behind Mick Dowie....

I am formerly from Cairns and live in Brisbane now... Anyway Mick Dowie has done an awesum job of cleaning up Cairns' drug problem- busting dodgey speed labs- underneath dusty scummy houses and in dingy workshops in industrial area's not only that I don't think you could buy him over no matter what and over the time he's been head drug squad detective he would have closed down shop for double figures of dodgy dealers. Go Mick!

Although about three years ago they did shut down a *half decent* MDMA Lab on the tablelands that had been supplying Kg's of MDMA to Sydney Manufacturers. I say *half decent* because in the reported photo's the lab had stainless steel bench tops and proper apparatus- along with glass utensils.... I mean cooks that give a shit about final product- its a lil WTF??? hahaha. Keep doing a good job Mick Dowie!

SpecTBK=D

Also, without going into prices, some very unscrupulous people up in the tropics are making a killing selling these off as MDMA capsules.

Supply and Demand... Everyone in Cairns is drug-fucked, mates I went to school with who were all like- you're a f*ckwit for smokin weed are like crack-heads or drop E every weekend!

I think it's quite sad that people have little/no respect for their bodies these days...

SpecTBK=D

read. it refers to the substances being discussed in the thread

It's a valid question. 8)

If comment is to be passed then it's always better if it's passed from knowledge rather then from unconfirmed belief. :)