• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 4.10.09 - Forty charged at Parklife music festival – Moore Park ( Sydney )

kingpin007

Bluelighter
Forty charged at Parklife music festival – Moore Park

Sunday, 04 Oct 2009 11:34pm

Police arrested 40 people and ejected 26 at today’s Parklife dance and music festival at Moore Park.

A drug dog operation was conducted during the festival, which began at midday and continued until 10pm.

The operation resulted in 40 drug detections, with three people being charged with drug supply offences and 33 for possession of prohibited drugs.

Twenty six people were ejected mostly for intoxication and fence jumping.

The police operation involved general duties, detectives, and proactive police from local area commands across the Central Metropolitan Region, as well as Highway Patrol, Mounted Police, Operational Support Group (OSG) police, the police air wing PolAir, and the Dog Unit.

Operation Rolling Thunder IV Commander, Superintendent Adney, said most festival patrons were well-behaved, however, the number of drug offences was of concern.

“I am concerned about the number of people who continue to attend these events in possession of prohibited drugs and – or with the intention to – supply drugs to festival patrons,” Supt Adney said.

“Police will continue to target these events in an effort to drive down possession and supply of prohibited drugs.

“Despite the charges and ejections, this was not a reflection on the overall good behaviour of the crowd,” Supt Adney said.

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/l...nb3YuYXUlMkZtZWRpYSUyRjgxNzQuaHRtbCZhbGw9MQ==

“Police will continue to target these events in an effort to drive down possession and supply of prohibited drugs.

This is crazy ...

Maybe all these parklife threads should all be merged ...??

It is game over for us to go to events now ...

Atleast there are no reports of people overdosing due to them dropping their whole stash due to having the nazi's and their groin sniffing dogs in your face.

This is crazy ...

Maybe all these parklife threads should all be merged ...??

It is game over for us to go to events now ...

Atleast there are no reports of people overdosing due to them dropping their whole stash due to having the nazi's and their groin sniffing dogs in your face.

You're not wrong

I'm steering well clear of city events and even worry about events held further out.

Maybe they want us to be BLIND DRUNK and punching on like pub goers or all tripping on unknown undetectable substances that can get past the dogs.

Who knows where this will end up

I second all parklife threads to be merged

I donno bout u guys but im never goin to a festival and i think there all going to die soon. Fuk spending hundreds on drinks and etc etc

It really is not hard to find someone inside willing to sell you something. I'd rather spend extra buying inside than risk being caught going in..

It really is not hard to find someone inside willing to sell you something. I'd rather spend extra buying inside than risk being caught going in..

You're right, it's never hard to find '"something" inside. But I'd rather run the risk of the dogs and know my source/test the product before hand rather than trust some dodgy pusher at a festival without having access to pillreports or a test kit.

^ Exactly. I figure my chances of getting caught at the gate are much lower than my chances of being sold shitty drugs inside.

Somewhat-damaged - It saddens me to see such comments from a bluelighter. Your chances of getting a decent been or anything else for that matter, inside an event these days are very slim and it's down right dangerous with the current pill situation...

Sustanon - There are better festivals around with less attention and way less dickheads than these main stream dance events. You're not missing out on much. The love died years ago...

clovelly - Could you actually see? ;)

You've got to be kidding? Festivals aren't going to die anytime soon. And forty people charged? That's not many. I was in a group of over twenty people and only 3 of them didn't have drugs on them.

I saw one dog all day, at 10pm when i was leaving the dog was walking through the crowd, when everyone has finished all their drugs anyway. I didn't see any dogs at the entrance, I didn't see a single dog until 10pm. Getting caught is just bad luck.

Hardly game over for festivals, they'll just keep growing! Harbourlife sold out in 6 minutes, parklife sold out much quicker this year. Stereosonic will sell out soon.

Since I started going to festivals a few years ago the police presence has not changed at all, there has always been dogs and always been lots of cops. It is no different now.

Id never risk buying from strangers. No way. Id rather know i have good shit n know ill have a good time. Worrying is the last thing id wanna do if i wanna enjoy myself.

Let me tell u a short story of one of the best night clubs in EU which i always went to. It got raided due to people OD-ing on GHB and alot of dealing activity n drug usage going on. The club had to close as no one wanted to party there. Heck ive even seen nightclubs with the biggest djs shut down at 2am (parties normaly last till 11am mind u there) as there were no dealers there once and everyone went home early.

Somewhat-damaged - It saddens me to see such comments from a bluelighter. Your chances of getting a decent been or anything else for that matter, inside an event these days are very slim and it's down right dangerous with the current pill situation...

I dunno, maybe you're going to the wrong sorts of parties? I went out for the first time in a long time a few weeks ago and I got a cracking MDMA pill of some strangers.

I think nightclubs in Europe are slightly different scenarios to events we have here. Many artists who are big name internationals when they come here tour around Europe far more frequently. Hence if punters miss them once it will hardly matter as its usually only months before they return not 1+ years.

Also festivals seem to be getting larger and more popular than ever. (inspite of the fact that tickets are getting 10-15 bucks more each year) I can't imagine this trend stopping unless our economy becomes a depression.

I would also add that festivals tend to be afternoon events so people don't *need*anything to stay awake to all hours of the morning like in clubs, they can always just get pissed instead.

Mind you, if cops regularly brought dogs inside the festivals rather than just at the gates, I for one would no longer bother to buy tickets. I think that would be a real buzz kill and the last straw for me.

I dunno, maybe you're going to the wrong sorts of parties? I went out for the first time in a long time a few weeks ago and I got a cracking MDMA pill of some strangers.

Oh there are definately still decent pills available, but they're no longer the majority. I'm not willing to let my day hinge on the flip of a coin.

To the police that frequent BL: The supply line ends there, idiots. After the festival those drugs don't exist any more. Target higher, for greater results.

You're not missing out on much. The love died years ago...

It exist just not among the clubber crowd, most modern ravers still respect PLURR... Most.

And as for the recent crackdown it's pretty intense, looks like I'll have to find a decent LSD dealer so I don't have to worry about the dogs.

Yeah im glad i finished going to these events back in 2008. But i wouldn't mine seeing infected mushroom again in 2010.. so I'll probably just drop some liquid before i walk through the entry with a big 'fuck you' grin on my face :)

The key is kjust to stand back and wait till the cops bust someone and then walk in when they are busy. We went to the Adel one with gout 10 otherppl, all carrying, then just walked pust the cops once they were busy searching someone the dog had sat down for