• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: 35 drug arrests after Melbourne rave party

I wasn't at this event but a friend was and she said while she was waiting in line at the bag check she saw police officers look in people's mouths with torches. Can anyone confirm this? My brother who was there also did not see this.

Also for those Melburnians, there was a combo drug bus on Punt Road (in Richmond). My brother said it looked different to the normal drug bus so either the combo buses have started to operate or they have rebadged the drug bus.

I went to GK last Saturday. Got there around 11.30pm with a couple mates, and as I was looking around I couldn't see any dogs. Just as I was thinking we missed them I turn around to see one just as it sat next to me..lol

I was pulled aside and got searched. This took about 5-10mins, I was slightly interested to see how the officers would react as I didn't have anything on me. All they said was "thanks for your co-operation" and I was on my way. I guess the smell of smoke from the Joint my mates blazed earlier on stuck real good.

Was a re-refreshingly good night, had allot of fun.

^just wondering, did they check your crouch really well... sounds like a wierd question, but if you hid stuff near your balls/taped to them or something like that do you reackon they would have felt them? I normally wear jocks or something that I can hide my nights needs in (never more than 2pills) and have always wondered if a police search would get wise to it..

ilikeacid said:
^just wondering, did they check your crouch really well... sounds like a wierd question, but if you hid stuff near your balls/taped to them or something like that do you reackon they would have felt them? I normally wear jocks or something that I can hide my nights needs in (never more than 2pills) and have always wondered if a police search would get wise to it..

Actually to tell you the truth the crotch area would work if they don't change the way they search you. I'll outline the basic way I got searched.

1. First they make you take out everything from your pockets and pass it to one of the officers who will proceed to thoroughly look through the stuff.

2. A second officer wearing gloves will first throughly checking your pockets inside out, then start to pat you down pretty carefully. Mostly concentrating around the torso, arms and legs.

3. After the pat down, I was asked to remove my shoes and lift one leg backward at a time. While doing this they will quickly feel around your sock and check your shoes out.

Thats about it form memory. The crotch area was never inspected.

During a normal pat down they will lightly pat down the crotch but because it is such a fine line between pat down (search) and sexual harrasment, the police will often be cautious in how they touch the genital area. If you are only carrying a few pills or just a sappie with a few points, it is unlikely they will feel it. If your carrying more then that, expect to be run in.

When police conduct searches they also look for individual reactions. It is alot like the passive detection dogs, the dog may not pick up anything but the handler will be looking for the reaction of the individual. If you react to being touched around the crotch the police may just search that little bit harder to see if there was a reason for the reaction, other then just being touched.

Something to remember is that if they go into a full strip search, no matter where you hide it they will find it.

Yeah thats what I expected. Where I hide my goodies they'd practically have to grope my balls to feel anything.. carrying lage quantities I never do, way to scary these days.
They'd have to be pretty certain they felt something if they decided to do a full strip search, otherwise they'd hear from my lawyer and expect their careers to be fucked for good!

By the way Phonic, were you on pills when they searched you cause that would fuck my mind up if i had to be searched whilst peaking!

dls said:
I wasn't at this event but a friend was and she said while she was waiting in line at the bag check she saw police officers look in people's mouths with torches.

Ah that sucks, I had always told myself if they approached me just to swallow and I did, but that was only two pills (gave the package a bit of a chew first so as not to waste them) but if it was 5+ pills I wouldn't want to swallow 8o

I think in the name of harm reduction someone should make gel cap sized containers that are waterproof and wont degrade in your stomach!

The sniffer dogs were right out the front where people were lining up when I got there at 10.30. I was a bit worried because I offered to carry in the pills of a couple of friends who were pretty scared about getting caught. It was stupid but I had never seen sniffer dogs at a rave before, guess I better be a bit more careful in future.

We had to time it so that when the dogs had picked something out on a person and the cops had taken them off to the side we ran up to security ready to hand over our tickets and ID.

It would have been pretty damn funny if I was caught though, because an hour earlier on the train I took 3 hits of acid. Needless to say I don't think I would have been a wonderful person to interrogate. It's impossible for me to string a full sentence together on LSD. Actually it was just as we were getting to Rod Laver that I noticed the lights seemed a lot more brighter :) , half an hour later I was lost in my own psychedelic world.

Anyone know if the whole "masking the scent with coffee" works? Apparently the dogs are trained to detect this at airports, but the police ones aren't as well trained or something...

^wouldn't reccomend coffee, too unusual, and yeah I've read reports of dogs being trained to smell it cause so many ppl cover their stuff in it. I'd more likely use a fuck load of deodorant on the baggi.. go nuts.. then stuff it down your pants.. thats just my way thou

It would have been pretty damn funny if I was caught though, because an hour earlier on the train I took 3 hits of acid
Fucking classic! :)

my mates who got there at 10.30 said they seen the cops take 10 people away in about 5 minutes but after that they never seen em again and we were getting updates, i walked in at about 11.45 and there was 2 uniform officers at the gate having a quiet chat totally oblivious to who was walking in and no sniffer dogs around, i had my stash band-aided to my chest, would a searching officer be able to remove band-aids?

yeah did they check your crouch? there were dogs at a sydney rave about a week ago.. i used the condom technique and the dog sniffed me and walked past (mind you i only had two pills on me).

Sniffer dogs

35 arrests out of 7,500 partygoers is an astonishingly low result.

I think it's pure and simple intimidation tactics. There were sniffer dogs at ***** in Sydney on a Monday morning at 6AM when I was there -- major bad vibes.

Now, before a member of the police can search you, she or he needs a reasonable suspicion that you've committed a crime.

Sniffer dogs rapidly lose patience with the 'game' they've been trained (in their little doggy minds) to play -- sniffing out particular substances. And they're very susceptible to distraction by other smells, even noisy environments. If you think about the effort it takes you to concentrate hard on some complicated activity, that should give you an idea of how tired and flakey the dogs must get.

I'm pretty sure the purpose of the dogs is not to detect drugs, but to give police an excuse to search people they're interested in. Animals, especially dogs, are incredibly good at picking up subtle behavioural cues from humans.

There's no way for a member of the police to prove s/he didn't subtly cue the dog as to his or her interest in someone standing in the queue, and therefore no way to prove the search wasn't conducted without good reason.

I really hope someone gets wise and runs this argument in court, some day.

[EDIT: No venue names. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
lxvxjxnkie said:
35 arrests out of 7,500 partygoers is an astonishingly low result.

I think it's pure and simple intimidation tactics. There were sniffer dogs at xxxxx in Sydney on a Monday morning at 6AM when I was there -- major bad vibes.

Now, before a member of the police can search you, she or he needs a reasonable suspicion that you've committed a crime.

Sniffer dogs rapidly lose patience with the 'game' they've been trained (in their little doggy minds) to play -- sniffing out particular substances. And they're very susceptible to distraction by other smells, even noisy environments. If you think about the effort it takes you to concentrate hard on some complicated activity, that should give you an idea of how tired and flakey the dogs must get.

I'm pretty sure the purpose of the dogs is not to detect drugs, but to give police an excuse to search people they're interested in. Animals, especially dogs, are incredibly good at picking up subtle behavioural cues from humans.

There's no way for a member of the police to prove s/he didn't subtly cue the dog as to his or her interest in someone standing in the queue, and therefore no way to prove the search wasn't conducted without good reason.

I really hope someone gets wise and runs this argument in court, some day.

[EDIT: Venue name removed. hoptis]

Nobody is gonna use that in court cos it is never gonna work. If a dog smells you out thats reasonable suspicion... end of story..

Last edited by a moderator:
Cosmonaut said:
Nobody is gonna use that in court cos it is never gonna work. If a dog smells you out thats reasonable suspicion... end of story..

Some magistrates will look at it that way. Others will entertain the argument.

And if it ever gets up to a higher court it's an odds-on chance.

The point is there's no way to know if it smelt you out or wandered over because it worked out its handler wanted to search you.

The police do have other ways of sniffing out people themselves, y'know... ;)