• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 27.8.09 - Tide turns in favour of drug reform

I wouldn't say that it wont happen, but its definately a long way off.

I think weve been set back decades by the long peiod of coalition government in AU. If you go back and do some reading we were actually a lot closer in the mid to late 90's. Public support for weed legalization was much higher, some major political parites (eg Victorian Labor) had weed decrim as official policy and hell I remember hearing an interview with Howard where he said that several Federal Liberals had told him weed should be legalized. That sort of shit wouldn't happen today. Why? because the Howard Gov saw 'tough on drugs' as something to delineate themselves from Labor and cozy up to America, tried to bury HM and made sure community info and debate on the topic was on their terms.

Still we do tend to follow the mighty U.S on all sorts of things. If they were to slowly 'lighten up' (e.g if the legalization vote in California got up and was a success which, lets face it, many of us believe it would be) then things might get moving over here again.

Considering alot of people don't like Kevein Rudd you know if he did everything he could to make it legal it would ensure he gets another term .. maybe someone should email him heheh " We all at bluelight will vote for you "

just a thought .. lol

:D

Rudd is apart of the christian do-gooders.

What we need is Gen Y in parliament, that's when we will see some real shit happen.

I still think the Internet Filtering is to stop discussions of things like this which slowly erodes the governments propaganda control.