Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 24.3.09 - Former MP's son jailed for drug trafficking

kingpin007

Bluelighter
Former MP's son jailed for drug trafficking

By Alison McRae

The son of former federal minister De-Anne Kelly has been sentenced to three years in jail for trafficking ecstasy.

Ian Terrence Kelly, 21, pleaded guilty to one count of trafficking in a dangerous drug in the Supreme Court in Mackay in north Queensland this morning.

Justice Duncan McMeekin said Kelly had been involved in selling ecstasy tablets in the north Queensland city for about 10 months during 2007-2008.

His defence solicitor Paul Smith asked for Kelly to be released on parole because of his good references and rehabilitation efforts.

But Justice McMeekin said the need to remind the community that drug trafficking is a serious crime meant custody was appropriate.

He was sentenced to three years in jail and will be eligible for parole in July.

Both his mother, former Nationals federal minister De-Anne Kelly, and father Rodger, were in court to support him.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/03/24/2524785.htm?section=justin

Is 3 years the norm? Or has his sentence been reduced because of his 'connections'?

I wonder what happened to Pat Purcell's son (former QLD minister who liked a bit of biffo), I remember the news of him being caught in a SE QLD night club with 200 pills.

Funny it don't mention how many pills he had , but was doing this for 10 months or more ...

He probably dobbed in his supplier .....

he got 3 years but parole allowed in july so he spends 4 months in jail .....

3 year sentence still means it was in the thousands that he was peddling or caught with but 4 months served means he talked and has friends

3 years aye, I wonder how many he got caught with, they seemed to of left out some important facts...

Definitely would of talked if he's looking at parole in July, even if he got done with only 100 he still wouldn't be eligible for parole until next year sometime.

I wonder if the people he dobbed in got word of him speaking? If they did then he is in for a lot of trouble once he gets behind those bars and when/if he gets out then it's going to be even worse... I'd be leaving the state or even the country if I was him, depending on who he ratted out though that is.

wonder if the people he dobbed in got word of him speaking? If they did then he is in for a lot of trouble once he gets behind those bars and when/if he gets out then it's going to be even worse... I'd be leaving the state or even the country if I was him, depending on who he ratted out though that is.

Yeah, this is why I don't understand people ratting. Even if you fuck the 'moral code' or whatever, I wouldn't do it just for my own personal safety!

This story is sus as left out all the important bits its all about who u know im this world its fucked really