Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: 19/08/08 - School strives for the highest

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
Sniffing girls expelled from exclusive Pymble Ladies' College
August 19, 2008 12:00am

FIVE students from one of Sydney's most exclusive private girls schools have been expelled for sniffing aerosol can fumes on school grounds.

Four Year 8 Pymble Ladies College students and a Year 9 student were expelled for inhaling the fumes - known as chroming.

Pymble Ladies' College principal Vicki Waters said yesterday that the college - whose motto is "I shall strive for the highest" - "takes seriously any issue that has the potential to harm the health and well-being of its students".

She wouldn't comment further.

Pymble Ladies College charges $19,000 a year for girls in Years 10, 11 and 12 - with another $15,000 on top for boarders. Even enrolling a child in kindergarten costs $11,000 an annum.

Founded in 1916, the Uniting Church school - built on a sprawling 20ha of beautiful grounds - enjoys a 750-seat auditorium complete with orchestra pit, fly tower and audio-visual links.

I bolded the important bit.

Daily Telegraph

haha lol.

dont really see why its necessary for the article to say what the school fees are.

but yeh yuck chroming

Geez you would think if they had the money they would pursue other better drugs to get them high...

When I think of people that chrome I think of the lowest of the low.

yeah, been tempted once to try butane once a loooooong time ago, quickly decided against it tho.

Lets jst hope those girls find weed or soemthing...

mushi mushi 88 said:
Geez you would think if they had the money they would pursue other better drugs to get them high...

their parents are the ones with the money. and often it isnt about having the money its about having the connections

yeah usually when it comes to private schools
they've got access to such decent shit
but from the people i know, that have gone to "respectable" schools
(st kevins, sacre couer and methodist ladies collage)

i know people who've chromed and sniffed butane

not to name the other scummy shit they do.

and sure.. their parents are the ones that have the money, but quite a few of these have parents that give them weekly allowances in excess of $300
others have been given their own copy of a parent's credit card to go shopping and buy stuff with.

and considering some of these people were in the same circle as me and my other friends. they had access to all the good shit too if they had've wanted it.

i think with the onus being on them to do so well. and having everything just given to them.
they look for scumbag shit to do just to rebel or feel normal?

Pymble Ladies' College principal Vicki Waters said yesterday that the college - whose motto is "I shall strive for the highest" - "takes seriously any issue that has the potential to harm the health and well-being of its students".

She wouldn't comment further.

I'd say the girls were probably "striving for the highest" state of being ;)

Pymble Ladies College charges $19,000 a year for girls in Years 10, 11 and 12 - with another $15,000 on top for boarders. Even enrolling a child in kindergarten costs $11,000 an annum.

If I were a parent, I'd certainly be expecting a full refund, and prepared to go to great lengths to get it!!

Founded in 1916, the Uniting Church school......

Another intolerant Christian establishment. Fuck I'm glad neither of my kids went to such a school. Where's all this forgiveness? Another case where Christian pinciples are bent to suit. Ban hypocritical religious organisations and establishments all together, I say! IMHO, what should be done, is these girls be educated about the relative dangers of various inhalants compared to other drugs.

Don't forget. Nitrous oxide is also classified an inhalant, same as hydrocarbons. In other places of the world, people legally inhale alcohol vapour. Arguably, some hydrocarbon gases are no more dangerous in small amounts than N2O. Either can cause hypoxia-asphyxiation. I've seen cyanosis (blue lips) occur often with repeated use of nitrous.

Schools. Should they be allowed to expel anyone for such activity? To me it's an admission a school hasn't got the coaching skills needed to honestly educate students who question rather than swallow the irrationally based crap they get shoved down their throats.

yeh plc chicks are hot.

i went to a catholic school where the fees were around 12 grand a yr and in my experience very few ppl had the connections to access drugs. sure there were a hand full of weed smokers and about 6 guys who raved and did e and occasionally acid but anything else was pretty much unheard of. many ppl wanted to try weed or e but yeh the means of getting them were difficult

compare this with my friends who went to public schools where they estimated close to half their year had done ecstasy and many kids were hitting speed while at school. they could get almost any drug just buy asking round at school.

and the reason why the school expelled them is to maintain its image as having "high standards" and having zero tolerance on such behavior. elite private schools tend to focus on preventing behavior it deems inappropriate rather then fixing it.

they included the fees the to highlight how 'prestige' and 'well educated' these girls get at the school... showing that even at these types of 'higher class' schools that this sort of low scummy crap goes on.

in my opinion i dont believe in these different classes of education... some of the students at private schools, well that i know of anyway, are just as into drugs and smut and shit as the ones who go to state high schools. eughh... makes me sickk

yeh thats what i thought. the media loves to portray those schools as "elite" then jump on them as soon as something goes wrong.

Why not smear it in the face of a bunch of pompus arrogant wanks. Kick them while there down, that was my public schools motto.

i'm not sure I understand how expulsion helps the (mental) health and well-being of these students.

expothead said:
i'm not sure I understand how expulsion helps the (mental) health and well-being of these students.

i guess its meant to send a message that its unnacceptable behavior to the girls and the other students.

Surely they would be better off putting that tuition money towards a serious cocaine habit. :p

Everyone is human I suppose, the filthy and the filthy rich.

Haha, I know soo many chicks from that school. The amount of PLC girls i've seen peaking/overall messy at parties is ridiculous. Those girls definately know how to spend their folks coin.

They're in year 8? That'd make them 13-14? They shouldn't be getting fucked up in the first place! But as 13 year olds, they probably saw a South Park episode on it or some shit and tried it for themselves. The school would be way to conservative to have taught any harm-reduction in drug ed (if they even have drug ed) so the kids just would've thought 'no worries'.

About the age I was at when I used to inhale stuff; same age that I quit it too.

There is a lot of fuckin ignorant people in here.

"Snobs, spending their parents money, yada yada yada".

I went to private school because BOTH my parents worked their ARSES off to send me there, and at no stage was i dished out money whenever i needed it. I got a weekly allowance and that was it.

Not every person who goes to a private school is a snob, so whoever thinks that can get a reality check.

^ Same here.. i went too a private school. I didn't even get an allowance, any money i spent was mine own.

But there were definitley kids i saw at my school that were just handed money by there parents.