• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 16.11.09 - Cash, white powder found in fatal crash car

kingpin007

Bluelighter
Cash, white powder found in fatal crash car

r470376_2350779.jpg

Posted 7 hours 2 minutes ago
Updated 6 hours 21 minutes ago

Police have revealed that they have found what they believe to be drugs as well as money in a car that crashed in southern New South Wales yesterday, killing four men.

Investigators say the driver veered onto the wrong side of the road and hit a semi-trailer at Yass.

The men, who were believed to be in their 20s, were killed instantly. They have not yet been identified.

The truck driver was treated for shock.

NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione says the investigation is still ongoing but police have found what they suspect to be drugs in the car.

"We're still working through some things that we found in the vehicle," he said.

"There may be some allegation that we may have found some powder and a quantity of cash."

The Commissioner described the amount of cash as "significant."

The accident brings the NSW road toll to 409 for the year - 93 more than the entire total for 2008.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/11/16/2743937.htm

on the tv news they called them suspected drug runners ....and that tests will be carried out on people in car including driver to say if drugs may have been cause of the crash ...

Damn this is sad

Keep the hell away from driving under the influence and take care when driving with passengers

Who knows the true story behind this, all i know is that 4 people high in a car is bad news

I saw this on the news, I am very thankful the truck driver is OK.

I really do wonder if they were high. It's very likely, wouldn't you agree?

^ It is likely they were high, its really tragic to see stuff like this happening when it could so easily be avoided.

How convenient 8)

prepare for roadside drug testing wankfest from police.

8o

I would hope members of BL would have enough knowledge to realise the dangers behind driving under the influence of any sort of drug, be it alcohol or heroin. Road-side drug testing is far more important than walking around with dogs in the city, IMO.

The distraction of 3 passengers, especially young males, can be enough to cause such a fatal accident, drugs or no drugs

I'm interested in seeing lab results

I agree with chemi about roadside testing being more important than drug dogs in the city.

My only problem with it is the small group of drugs they test for.

MDMA, METH and CANNABIS

There's a large number of prescription drug abusers that get away with driving off guts and i bet all the lawyers, doctors etc. love driving home coked to the eye balls since they don't test for that either.

The distraction of 3 passengers, especially young males, can be enough to cause such a fatal accident, drugs or no drugs

I'm interested in seeing lab results

I agree with chemi about roadside testing being more important than drug dogs in the city.

My only problem with it is the small group of drugs they test for.

MDMA, METH and CANNABIS

There's a large number of prescription drug abusers that get away with driving off guts and i bet all the lawyers, doctors etc. love driving home coked to the eye balls since they don't test for that either.

Only MDMA, meth and cannabis? Not coke? Really?? I didn't know that... I was sure they were trained to sniff out coke but I'm pretty noob on the subject.

Someone told me some dogs can smell out large quantities of LSD but not small, individual-use quantities. Would be interested to know the truth behind this.

Anyway, back on topic...

As far as I'm aware there is only 1 random drug testing unit in NSW, and it spends weekdays at Penrith, weekends in the CBD. Wonder how many it has nabbed compared to an average alcohol RBT. I would wager that there are more people out there driving on all manner of illicit chemicals which impair their judgement than there are drunk drivers, particularly during the day on the weekends.

Pretty sure he was listing the drugs they test for at roadside drug testing, not what the dogs can pick up.

^ oh, yes. Re-reading his post, you're right

8) fail

In that case, I'm quite surprised they don't test for coke, would have thought the % of population using would be comparable to that of MDMA/meth use.

^^^^ hence why the vast majority of users tend to display an air of exclusivity 8)
in addition to loving themselves sick.

tragic stuff, but given the context the word karma can't help but spring to mind... :\

how odd that none of them have been identified??

Another tragic tale. No one should condone DUI. In regards to dogs sniffing out lsd though, psilo explained to me once that yes they can, with larger amounts but it's not the lsd they smell, it's specific impurities left after making which the can detect. Sorry if it's off topic.

Can't find the link at the moment

Yes, it is true that they can detect large amounts of of LSD and they use a synthetic smell that is available online to train them

I have not seen reports of it's use

You're safe with small amounts

Will research it more when i have the time

^ oh, yes. Re-reading his post, you're right

8) fail

In that case, I'm quite surprised they don't test for coke, would have thought the % of population using would be comparable to that of MDMA/meth use.

I'm sure some of the judges doing the sentencing are driving after a few lines without fear of drug buses

We can't be putting the elite in jail now can we... 8)

Legalize every damn thing and let darwinism take control of the idiots :D

http://www.leerburg.com/lsdform.htm

SIGMA PSEUDO LSD FORMULATION is a canine training aid which can be used in training situations where the handling of potentially toxic, controlled substances would be inappropriate, such as initial training of a new dog or when train rig or demonstrating in front of large crowds. PSEUDO LSD is designed to mimic the odor of illicit lyserglic acid diethylamide (LSD). SIGMA PSEUDO LSD, like all SIGMA PSEUDO- products, is field tested and proven to provide the same canine response as authentic LSD, without the hazards.