• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: $15mil Ecstasy Cartel BUSTED!

0ff1cer_ch0ps said:
7.5g of pills on you, that is known as "supply of illicit substance". Hack tried to do some maths, thats about 3-5 pills...

I didnt listen to hack, but thats not right. Pills dont weigh ~1.9g each. I weigh pills when I get them on a set of 10mg scales, and the biggest pill I've ever seen was 700mg and it was HUGE!

Listening to Hack right now, It was .75g, not 7.5g. :) (and they were talking about a specific state, NSW I think)

"this will clearly increase the street price of xtc in Sydney putting out of reach of most in the community"

on the contrary, it will destroy more ppls lives as they will now spend more on illicit drugs and less on their child support.

thank god for the police and busts like this. I will sleep better at night knowing that the few people that flow down from this syndicate will be slightly inconvenienced for a short period of time until the next massive shipment of pills arrives a few days later. this is the ecstacy generation. $15 million or whatever they reckon its worth is still childs play 8(. 250 000 pills would be lucky to last the Sydney ecstacy scene a weekend. 2 months down the track they'll probably still be reminissing on this seizure. meanwhile tons of drugs will continue on being imported into the country.

it wouldnt suprise me if the syndicates just skim a bit off the top for their police rats to get a bust on so they look good.

the mind boggles, crinklecut, when I meditate on what you are saying!

I just caught the end of this on the late news. They showed heaps of different coloured pills - at a glance there appeared to be around 10 or so different coloured batches. They also showed the pill press that was used ... it looked very "home made", hardly a pharmaceutical quality press. If anyone has any links to pictures of the bust i'd be quite interested to see them.

On another note, I cant see this bust having any noticeable effect on the overall market. Just means another group will get a chance to become the big supplier. The new group could even offer higher quality/quantity mdma pills ... a far stretch from the claimed effect of increasing prices and reducing supply.

Last edited:
lil angel15 said:
This sounds like a load of shit to me. It just doesnt make sense to work it out this way as no one knows how many hands it passes through before it hits the end user.

Have you any way of backing up this statement?

No, he doesn't need one!

When they bust a syndicate like this they do know how many hands it goes through roughly. Okay not exact, but roughly. Otherwise these guys wouldn't have gotten caught- someone ratted someone. Then the cops know that paul is higher than little raver steve and jason is their guy. Then Antonio is Jasons connection and then Antonio's guy is Stefan and Stefan is connected well with.......

That's how it works!

SpecTBK=D

2306_ecstasy_a.jpg

$15m ecstasy seizure cripples syndicate
Friday Jun 23 07:02 AEST

The seizure of ecstasy worth $15 million in Sydney's east has cracked a sophisticated drug syndicate and put a huge dent on supplies of the party drug, police say.

About 250,000 tablets, 18 kilograms of MDMA, the powder used to make the drug, and two industrial pill presses were confiscated by police last weekend.

The tablets had a street value of $12.5 million and the powder was worth $2.5 million.

Properties in Bondi Junction, Zetland and Coogee - where the drugs were allegedly manufactured - were raided by officers attached to the NSW Police Special Crime Unit and NSW Crime Commission.

Reese Gerard Woodgate, 42, of Bondi Junction and Nicholas Jake Barton, 32, of Coogee, were arrested after 60 officers monitored the alleged gang's activities for three months.

Woodgate and Barton were refused bail in Parramatta Local Court on Sunday where they were each charged with supplying an indictable quantity of a prohibited drug.

Police expect to make further arrests.

Special Crime Unit Commander, Superintendent Ian Foschollo, said the raids had put a "huge dent" in the syndicate, which allegedly supplied ecstasy and other drugs to Sydney's eastern suburbs.

He said the seizure had restricted ecstasy supplies in Sydney and would likely push up prices.

"I think there is no doubt that this has had a major impact on the supply of illicit drugs, and by virtue of that it's going to push the price up," Supt Foschollo told reporters.

"It's probably a good thing because it takes it out of the reach of the ordinary users out there in the street."

NSW Police Commissioner Ken Moroney said investigations were continuing to identify others involved in the alleged syndicate.

"What we have uncovered here are those who, clearly, are prepared to trade in death and injury to people within the community," Mr Moroney told reporters.

"These drugs are sometimes euphemistically ... referred to as recreational drugs, (but) there is nothing recreational about being dead.

"There is nothing recreational about being injured by way of mental health problems or other associated health problems.

"These are not recreational drugs."

Woodgate and Barton will face Sydney's Central Local Court on July 17.

©AAP 2006

SpecTBK=D

More interesting than the raid itself were the comments of the Commissioner. To an extent, comments made by senior administrative and political figures must always be accepted as containing a large element of political rhetoric, but most of what he said was such dogmatic, hyperbolic nonsense, factually incorrect and with all the logic of a child, that I really have to wonder if de-criminalisation will ever occur.

0ff1cer_ch0ps said:
o yeah, and that cash they found... that was burnt also :\

It will be used in the trial and then it will be *processed*. How legit cops are with this I do not know. I think all money seized in Illegal operations should be given to Charity's. Salvo's get cheque for $10m, Lifeline $5m etc...

Would be cool, but that's just a dream!

SpecTBK=D

geez, I can burn the cash for them if they like. And dispose of the pills also.
*glances quickly sideways this way and that*

Special-T.B.K said:
No, he doesn't need one!

When they bust a syndicate like this they do know how many hands it goes through roughly. Okay not exact, but roughly. Otherwise these guys wouldn't have gotten caught- someone ratted someone. Then the cops know that paul is higher than little raver steve and jason is their guy. Then Antonio is Jasons connection and then Antonio's guy is Stefan and Stefan is connected well with.......

That's how it works!

SpecTBK=D

Wow, Thanks for the lesson on a supply chain. And all these years I thought the guy I was getting it off was the chemist. 8)

However there is one flaw in your theory T.B.K, How do the police know where they have jumped in on the chain.
Is it at the bottom? Is it in the middle?

Knowing how a supply chain works does not answer the question I was asking nor support Cosmos argument that value is worked out in cumulative terms. Thanks for your input though:\

^^They got the press and the powder - I dont think you get MUCH higher than that :\

ANDO420 said:
^^They got the press and the powder - I dont think you get MUCH higher than that :\

That they did, but once again it doesn't support the statement of value being worked out in cumulative terms.

If you read more then just the last post you may have added some valued input into this thread. 8)

It says on the first page, how it is worked out.
Dodgy police workings out, but it answers your question.

Cosmonaut said:
"Police used intelligence-based policing and investigative techniques to establish the potential street value of drugs on the street," says a spokeswoman for the NSW Police (which is police code for we're not telling you).
She says estimated street values given at the time of seizure are only rough figures based on average cost. Until the police test the purity of the drugs, they cannot give an exact value.
As with other luxury goods, high-quality drugs have a greater street value.
The street value of drugs is also generally calculated every three or six months, she says.

If you are referring to the above post then you will see that it is in fact not worked out in cumulative terms.

Is the estimated value of the drugs and how they work it out really the only thing you find interesting about these articles?

edit: ^^ I agree. :\
Although............

-------------------------

Well fuck knows.
The way I've always thought was also explained on the first page. (after it goes through dealers hands then to the consumer).

Stuff it - I just worked it out for myself, I bet it's not the correct way of doing it but I get a figure that sounds reasonable.

250,000 pills
+18kg of MDMA (which could make say, 163,636 pills @ 110mg MDMA per pill)

So that is a total of 413,636 possible pills.
Divide that by $15 million and you get a reasonable figure per pill.

Fry-d- said:
Is the estimated value of the drugs and how they work it out really the only thing you find interesting about these articles?

I realise each and every one of us is entitled to our own opinion, However it is always nice if statements can be backed up. I like to question things that don't make sense to me or I believe is misinformation.

Sorry if that pisses you guys off. Just the way I am. :)

In answer to your question though. No, It's not the only thing that interests me.

lil angel15 said:
That they did, but once again it doesn't support the statement of value being worked out in cumulative terms.

If you read more then just the last post you may have added some valued input into this thread. 8)

Um....yeah? ok? So this thread is all about how the cop's work out the value of drugs?

I cant speek for everyone, but I couldn't give two squirts of piss how they work it out - fact is cops lie and it was a fuckload of pills, nuff said.8(

YOU asked the question about how they know where in the "chain" they have come in, I stated that they got the press and the powder so they are most likley neer the top - next would be the cook.:\

How is that not a valued input into this thread?:|

FYI - I read all the posts in a thread, why not Im getting paid :p