• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: 15.11.09 - New designer drug Mephedrone or MM-Cat being bought over internet

The mephedrone i had was as good if not a bit better than most pills i have had ,probably shouldn't be legal ,but how i wished it was:) and yes the uk are lucky with that law so far And yes I agree hate having to deal with shady types,I have been scammed once too often !

Would love to see the stats on how much the incidences of some variation on 'mephedrone + australia + order' being typed into google has gone up since that article was published.

http://www.google.com/trends?q=mephedrone

no Aus data but interesting nonetheless...

In my area of NSW there are clear gel capsules going around with a white substance in them that doesn't show up on a test kit but gets you very, very off your head. Increased heart rate, increased energy, a bit of euphoria and a very social urge to talk to everyone and meet new people. I suspected methamphetamine but recieved no such reaction. Could this be Mephedrone?

I have seen clear gel caps full of a white fluffy powder that were mephedrone.

Well the 4mmc story on channel 7 tonight had a better HR message, quoting the death in europe and sighting some strange effects. But more of a HR message then this ridculous story.

Care to explain what you mean maddyboy - What does Bluelight have to do with the reporting of this substance?

Its SO obvious that "legals", mephedrone in particular aren't liked here and certain people for known / unknown reasons try to police the industry from here. The latest aussie mephedrone thread is what has caught the medias attention.

Doron / his resellers / the electic eel guy, have all been mentioned here, by product, full name & location, and soon after busted. Didn't bluelight even get dorons pills tested or at least sponsored it, and reported the findings to the police?

Discretion is not something people tend to use here, and its not a good thing.

Harm reduction does not mean policing the industry from here and driving it underground, wouldn't that be causing more harm?????

There is no conspiracy targeting 'legal' highs but there is open and frank discussion surrounding any substances of interest, in fact, it's actually encouraged. Bluelight isn't here to provide glowing reports on any drug and its main focus is to provide unbiased and accurate information so individuals can make informed decisions regarding their personal use.

You're right - The Neo pills were tested but it wasn't paid for or sponsored by Bluelight. It was organised and reported by a highly respected member of this site as well as the Australian HR community. The real concern in all the testing wasn't only the results of the tests, rather, the misinformation that those companies were providing regarding their products contents. If you think Bluelight is the bad guy in that story then you're seriously misguided.

It must be noted that Bluelight doesn't need to be discrete because we want to ensure as many people know about the positives and negatives associated with drug use. If the information you read on his site isn't to your liking then rebut it with factual information that will ensure the right message is being provided. We're not an underground forum that keeps little secrets to ourselves about the dangers of specific substances just so they remain easily accessible. We're here to eliminate misinformation and hopefully ensure we reduce the harm associated with consuming these substances. In addition, it's no concern of ours if a substance becomes harder to obtain because it's talked about honestly. Just think, it could ultimately be a god send to you and many others.

I lurk in Aus DD but don't post much.

lil_angels post above must be one of the most well formed posts I've read, that highlights what this site really is all about in quite long time. :)

hhahaha. would kill to see the unedited reply from hoptis lol.

now thats a crazy theory thou, bluelights working for the man for teh piggz0rs dubbing people in lol. Mate i think u have been cracked out tweaking and staying up wayy too many days! Next thing u gonna say the swine flu is an alien consipiracy etc.

Mirtazepine is not an SNRI, it's an antagonist at postsynaptic 5HT2 and 5HT3 and central alpha-1-adrenergic receptors. And I'm sure you could use it, but I'm not going to say it's safe by any means.

I'll be firm and succinct here as a mod with my statement: this is one of the few drugs that I'd really like to see banned before it's proven safe.

hhahaha. would kill to see the unedited reply from hoptis lol.

now thats a crazy theory thou, bluelights working for the man for teh piggz0rs dubbing people in lol. Mate i think u have been cracked out tweaking and staying up wayy too many days! Next thing u gonna say the swine flu is an alien consipiracy etc.

If you think the police and media don't use bluelight.ru as a
tool you are quite deluded.

...and if you think this is the only site they monitor, then it is you who is deluded. These days the cops get more out of monitoring music sites.

Lil angel has summed up my thoughts on this matter pretty well, and being the instigator of the Neorganics analyses (resulting in the first lab ID of 4-MMC worldwide), I'm more than happy to debate this issue anytime. If future opportunities arise, I'll ensure each and every product is identified, preferably before they hit the shelves- street. Perhaps maddyboy would like to tag along for some HR outreach sometime? With what's seen at a typical event, you'd have to be one callus SOAB to witness that and not think early warning/ID on new products is important.

Just on the chemistry of 4-MMC. Chemically speaking, it is an analogue of methcathinone, which can also be termed a derivative in legal jargon.

However, this does not (in this case) imply 4-MMC is manufactured from methcathinone. The usual starting material for each is the respective propiophenone. The process of manufacture is simple, easier than that required for MDMA and if done correctly, is safer than the commonly carried out pseudoephedrine reductions. Unlike imine reductions (needed when aminating a ketone with simple amines, i.e. MDMA, racemic meth etc), no mercury or other reducing agents is required in the synthesis of beta-ketones like 4-MMC.

So, while 4-MMC would never normally be prepared from Methcathinone - It would be like driving around the country to get from Sydney to Newcastle - it is nonetheless regarded as a derivative in the eyes of the law.

As for the vendors mentioned and the ensuing problems they've faced; I'm not going into detail on each case, but I will state that there's a lot more to this than from the cops reading discussions on BL. When you import vast amounts of chemicals that are also being seized by customs (and police) it doesn't take a genius to figure out what the likely intention is of such products. As we all know, authorities don't like drugs that work on the CNS, thus the myriad of new products containing things like DMAA, and the para-hydroxy propanolamine classes of compounds which are more peripheral stimulants. Trouble is, there are also medical concerns with this class of drug, so it's only a matter of time before these are also banned imo.

Anything that is good gets banned. The shit ones stay legal. Look at the situation in EU. Im not a big fan of say Salvia, HBW seeds, piperazines, Cactuses and etc. Yea sooner or later everything will get banned thats good.

Mr Maddyboy,

I started that 4mmc thread. Do you have a problem with that? If so PM me, and I can simply rebut all your petty "omg bruu the copz banned ma drone!!" arguments. I started that thread because I was offered this compound, claiming it was just like MDMA, just shorter lasting, and more speedy. With the current MDMA drought at the time my interest was spiked. However there was no information about this drug to be found here in AusDD, besides mention in the neodoves thread.

Because of this, I researched. I found out the potential dangers, read a lot of trip reports, and sought the advice of people with far better chemistry knowledge than myself. After I compiled this information, the majority of it suggesting this drug isn't what it's cracked up to be, I started a forum so I could inform people of the dangers, even people like you. If you haven't read the information posted there, that is not my fault, be glad people put the effort in to present such information. If the media are having a slow news day and do read it, so what, I think that's a great thing. If they read a HR thread, on a HR site, then the reputation of BL goes up. Think about people besides yourself before you start pointing fingers about a drug that always was quasi-illegal in the first place becoming more illegal.

Sykik

Last edited:
I agree with psytaco is it legal or not ??

I actually started a thread a while back with that title but got shut down ......I don't think anyone knows 100% at the moment.Maybe it's worth one of us calling customs and finding the current status of mephedrone ,once and for all ?!

It would be my opinion that until it is actually tested in a court case and a legal ruling was handed down that no one can definitely say it is legal or illegal; they can only give you their take on it.
I have read some opinions from chemistry minded people that it is chemically removed from Methcathinone to the point that it could be argued that it isn’t an analogue under the current Australian analogue criteria, but as one poster above said I wouldn’t like to be the first person to challenge it in a court case.

There is an article in today's Courier Mail (under their "Drug Scourge" campaign) that mentions mephedrone, almost word for word the same as the article in the OP in this thread in places. Good old courier mail plagarism hey? The article was a "just say no" to drugs at schoolies write up but did mention PMA as a potentially fatal contaminant of ecstacy so wasn't all bad.

I can't see how giving 4-mmc a media spotlight is going to decrease use at all though.... If I was about to leave high school and saw a report of some internet drug that was a cross between ecstacy and cocaine I know I'd be straight onto google looking for a supplier.

I wonder if MDPV will follow suite? A friend recently showed me a link to some new "bath-salts" that were rumoured to contain mdpv... seems dangerous given its dosage? Only hearsay though.