Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 11.4.09 - Herb pill sellers risk arrest: police

kingpin007

Bluelighter
Herb pill sellers risk arrest: police

MATT KOURY AND CAROLINE MARCUS
11/04/2009 10:00:01 PM

TABLETS marketed as "herbal ecstasy" are being sold at Sydney dance parties as a legal alternative for users worried about the heightened presence of police and sniffer dogs.

But police say some of the products may contain traces illegal substances, with suppliers facing possible charges.

The manufacturers of the pills, Diablo - Strong As Hell, have not been issued a commercial licence by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), the federal body that regulates medicinal products.

The pills were sold at the Future Music Festival, held at Randwick Racecourse in February, and at parties held after the Mardi Gras last month.

The pills are mostly a herbal concoction mixed with binding agents - all legal ingredients - but the product is not listed as a Class 1 medicine or approved for sale.

Peter Wilson, an eastern suburbs-based importer who sells packs of four pills for $30, is waiting for TGA approval. "There are a couple of hoops we've had to jump through," he said.

NSW Police Drug Squad commander, Detective Superintendent Nick Bingham, said that while most herbal ecstasy products contain legal substances such as caffeine, some may have traces of illegal substances.

"The NSW Police Force takes very seriously all illegal drug activity and the use … of what is marketed as herbal ecstasy is something the NSW Police Force … does monitor," he said.

"In other cases, obscure analogues of illicit substances, such as methylmethcathinone or dimethyltryptamine are found in the product, which is an offence in NSW, and if it is established that a person is supplying herbal ecstasy and it is found to contain illicit substances, then appropriate action will be taken."

A TGA spokeswoman said that the pills were "the subject of a current investigation".

"If they are sold across state borders and make therapeutic claims, then the TGA has jurisdiction to investigate and to take regulatory action."

A Customs and Border Protection spokeswoman said that the pills had been monitored and tested, and while illegal substances had not been detected, variations and inconsistencies in the ingredients had.

The warnings fell on deaf ears among some Sydney users, with one 15-year-old girl saying after the Future Music Festival: "I have taken four pills - two legal and two illegal - and I feel great."

http://www.smh.com.au/national/herb-pill-sellers-risk-arrest-police-20090411-a3e7.html

only just saw this .. better late than never ..

All I have to say is GOODBYE to shitty caths and DMAA! You FAILED like I said you would all along. You have no data on the ingredients. and obviously don't care/ You should be arrested imho no matter how professional your stores or web pages are set up.

These were at the future music festival in adelaide, quite a few peple were actually buying them. I went up and asked if the effects were damaging if they were combined with real MDXX pills. All the guy kept telling me was to take 2 and id be flying all day, wouldnt tell me what was in them, or the toxic effects when mixed with real MDXX. Good to see the end of this crap anyway.

Does this mean you are legally allowed to sell Aspirin, Panadol and Ibuprofen at raves as pills as long as you don't call it ecstasy as they are all S1 drugs.

Ugh, i'll beleive that they had dimethyltryptamine in them when i see some proof. WHy would they add DMT without some form of MAOI? More importantly, why would "legal ecstasy" have DMT in it? Two completely different effects.

Sounds like a load of crap. Who told you there was DMT in them.
I thought they were some sort of lipid-soluble cathinone analogues being as the ingredients say fatty amino acids and they're "plant feeder"

^^^

they sell doves that are labeled not for human consumption - Plant food

but of course you ingest it ... this is a legal loop hole in europe ...

and here also in some cases .... this is why so many new products are released and all they do is change the name on the packaging but your still getting the same old stuff ..

I hope they ban all this shit ... then bzp might actually disappear if customs kept eye out for it more and be great if sniffer dogs could detect bzp ..

These were at the future music festival in adelaide, quite a few peple were actually buying them. I went up and asked if the effects were damaging if they were combined with real MDXX pills. All the guy kept telling me was to take 2 and id be flying all day, wouldnt tell me what was in them, or the toxic effects when mixed with real MDXX. Good to see the end of this crap anyway.

250128251_o.jpg

DO NOT!!! Double drop! If less than 60kg we strongly recommend that you start with half a pill. Comes in a pack of 4.

A quote from a user who consumed these pills -->

The first was taken at 5pm by 7pm no effect so swim took another, by 8:30pm swim had no "come-up" experiance which was a shame as thats the best part, swim just went straight into mong-mode, it was'nt a bad thing as swim likes to chill on x, but it was'nt the same as takin 10 pills and being proper spaced, felt like swim could snap out of it at anytime, at 9pm swim took another (greedy) not a good decision by 12:30pm swim was feelin v sick, swim felt like their arms and face were being pricked with scoldin hot pins, face also felt like it was swelling up, was findin it hard to concentrate on things, and seeing black figures moving around but only slight glimpses nothing that lasted more than a second, swim did feel the urge to get up and dance but body didnt want too, swim got a terrible headache and couldnt get to sleep till 7am, woke up at 1pm and had very sore jaw, eyes still look spaced out and experiancing a typical come-down.

For the dickhead selling these to say yeah drop 2 and you be flying ... What a fucking wanker ..

Last edited:
ive had legal pills before haha. not these ones, diff ones but that dezcription of effects sounds right. had two n felt fucking sick all night. so i had a real pill n felt fine haha

good business idea it

like that energy drink called speed and all its got is caffeine and garana

Is 2C-T illegal here under analogue law?
Or considered a watched precursor or anything.

All thio ring substituted phenethylamines are covered as they are analogues of dimethoxyphenethylamine