• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 10.5.09 - Cocaine floods eastern suburbs

At first i thought Track 1 said "The powder of love". Haha oop's ;)

I'm really struggling with your musical taste mate! Your mum's CD eh? Rubbish....... =D

Hehe i knew someone would say it! ;) Check the what tune you listening to or the i love techno thread in EADD to see what tunes i'm into! Can assure you Celine Doin isn't too high on the priorities :D

91% is the highest I can find.
And that was back in 1983 - http://www.briancbennett.com/charts/fed-data/cocaine-purity.htm

In big amounts though man. I'm pretty damn sure there is plenty of cocaine out there over 80% now! Did you not say you rocked a gramme into crack and it came back 0.9 with that flake. I saw a programme saying proper flake is usually over 85% when its made :)

People washing their coke will be getting 95%+ and i'm sure that must have been seized somewhere?!

In big amounts though man. I'm pretty damn sure there is plenty of cocaine out there over 80% now! Did you not say you rocked a gramme into crack and it came back 0.9 with that flake. I saw a programme saying proper flake is usually over 85% when its made

People washing their coke will be getting 95%+ and i'm sure that must have been seized somewhere?!

If a sample of fb weighed over 90+% of the weight of the cocaine, then the fb isn't pure. Why? simply because cocaine HCl loses the HCl during the process, and the HCl constitutes a greater proportion of the weight. Its year 11 chemistry at best.

The mole weight of cocaine HCl is 339.82g. HCl is 36.46g/mole, forming ~ 10.73% of the total weight. When this is removed, cocaine fb product weighs 303.36g/ mole, or 89.27% of the coke HCl

Maximum yields are worked out using molecular weights. To start, the weight of an imaginary 1 g of coke is converted to moles.

Molecular or mole weights are calculated simply by adding all the atomic weights of the atoms in a given molecule. e.g. hydrogen = 1.0079g/mole, carbon - 12.0107, oxygen = 15.9994g, nitrogen = 14.0067g, chlorine 35.453g etc.

1 mole of cocaine HCl -| C17H21NO4.HCl |- = 339.82grams

1 mole of cocaine fb -|C17H21NO4|- =303.35grams

therefore, 1 gram of coke HCl /339.82 = 0.002943 moles

Let's say the conversion (freebasing) process is 100% efficient (which it never is btw). This would produce 1 mole of fb from 1 mole of the HCl salt

Thus, 1 gram of cocaine would produce 0.002943 moles of free base

converting to grams, 0.002943 moles x 303.35grams = 0.892678g or ~ 89.27%

So 0.892678g is the theoretical maximum yield from the freebasing process of 1 gram of coke.

As freebasing is usually done with bicarb, some bicarb would likely remain trapped in the rocks formed, which would add to the weight of the final product. Other fbing methods would be more likely to produce a purer product but I don't think it's appropriate or necessary to detail these here. Most use highly inflammable solvents and or present other dangers.

Note though: many cuts, contaminants and impurities from the manufacturing process itself will not be removed completely by the simple basifying process. If these are amines, they can be particularly tricky to remove.

Also, cocaine hydrochloride hydrolyses in the presence of air to produce methyl benzoate which gives coke it's characteristic smell. This is made worse if certain processes are used during extraction-preparation from coca leaves.

All things considered, it's not surprising that clandestine operations rarely produce a product that approaches 90%. Throw in degradation and adulteration, and it's wonder much is left at all by the time it reaches the consumer.

In big amounts though man. I'm pretty damn sure there is plenty of cocaine out there over 80% now! Did you not say you rocked a gramme into crack and it came back 0.9 with that flake. I saw a programme saying proper flake is usually over 85% when its made :)

Well, I've had some truly awful flake cocaine, you couldn't even sleep on the stuff and it made you a paranoid wreck - but to look at, it was like mother of pearl from heaven.....

I would say the flake I was freebasing would of been 75% purity at best, and yes. It was proper flake.

Oh, and read phase_dancer's post, they clearly know their shit. lol.

Yeah nice post phase_dancer!

It cleared up something I'd been wondering about (ie the weight of the HCL) for quite some time. Very well written, I appreciate your time mate :)