Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: 02.07.09 - Tainted ecstasy will cause overdoses

modoq

Bluelighter
Tainted ecstasy will cause overdoses

Renee Viellaris
July 02, 2009 12:00am

DRUG cooks spiking ecstasy with addictive painkillers and anti-depressants have prompted Queensland's crime watchdog to warn of impending health carnage.

A new report to be released by the Crime and Misconduct Commission later this year will reveal drug dealers are more than ever playing Russian roulette with Queenslanders' lives.

CMC intelligence director Chris Keen told The Courier-Mail the Illicit Drug Assessment Survey would raise the threat level for ecstasy for the short-to-medium term because of predictions of further overdoses and more users needing medical help.

Mr Keen said the purity of ecstasy in Queensland had halved in recent years as drug makers pressed ecstasy with other harmful substances in a bid to increase profits and meet demand.

"Whereas previously a tablet may have mainly contained ecstasy as the active drug there is now an increased incidence of tablets containing other types of drugs within one tablet," he said.

Methamphetamine – an addictive stimulant – anti-depression drugs and ketamine, a human/veterinary painkiller, were often found in ecstasy.

The Courier-Mail revealed this year the toxic cocktail had led to psychosis, seizures, organ failure and death.

Mr Keen said users wrongly believed they were taking a safe "party drug".

"A person who believes they have overdosed from ecstasy may be shown from a toxicology perspective to be from anti-depressive drugs because that was major content of the tablet," Mr Keen said.

"To meet the high market demand tablets are being sold as ecstasy that contain no ecstasy at all.

"Another result of lower purity tablets is that consumers are on average swallowing more tablets in a session (from one to two) than they were five to six years ago, possibly this is to seek achieving the same high.

"This type of behaviour creates a greater risk for adverse reactions and overdoses."

The report is undertaken by Queensland Police and Queensland Health about every four years and helps law enforcement direct resources.

The survey is a concern for police who have not been as successful in stamping out ecstasy as they have with speed, for which the market has started to dry up in the wake of new laws that monitor the sale of pseudoephedrine, used in influenza drugs.

But Mr Keen said he was hopeful a new move to regulate tablet presses would make it harder for the black market to prosper.

A report by the Australian Crime Commission this year revealed Australia had the highest use of ecstasy per capita in the world.

Retrieved: http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,27574,25718963-3102,00.html

yes i'm sure SSRI's are regularly seen in pills :/ and i fucking wish ketamine was a common adulterant

^ Haha, I know what you mean mate, I might actually buy some of the shitty pills going around if I thought there was ketamine in them.

Why do piperazines never get mentioned in these articles?

Yeah I must say, over the past few months since I got my test kit I have tested a shit load of pills and most of them tend to point towards piperazines, no reaction, the taste and so on. But not once have I tested on with ketamine...

Could they be referring to a case where an MAOI was used to increase the effects of MDMA? No idea if this has happened, or what the effects would be in reality... sounds dangerous, anyway.

I have had some weird test results..the most recent E i tested was infact a piperazine (i believe) but the one previous, about a month ago, was a strange mix, marquis results were purple but mostly reddish..it made me so sleepy i was nodding off on the couch, was so relaxed and felt like i was laying on a cloud...i dunno what was in it though, i enjoyed it even though i was pissed off it was clearly not what i paid for, or expected.

I also wondered about the mention of anti depressants in pills as I have noticed it a few times lately. If they are using MAOI's to increase the effects of ecstasy that is on par with PMA pills imho!

Ketamine in pills isn't that uncommon, i have a few at the moment but they were bought as K-Bombs, most people who get a K based pill think it's a dud becasue they eat it when K goes better up the nose.

I can't remember the site for the life of me but I've also seen lab results from pills that have contained anti-depressants. It was a while ago so can't recall the exact anti's etc. but don't write it all off as media bullshit.

Why would they put that shit in there though? Seriously that is fucked up! I hate the pill scene right now it is just rubbish. There is no other drug you can fucking buy that you would consider yourself LUCKY to actually get the drug you paid for.