• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Newish member

Phoenix_03

Bluelighter
Hi all-
I joined back in April but I came to Bluelight many times before that for info or answers to questions (which i always found). Life was a bit hectic for awhile with work, family, responsibilities so I didn’t ever get to sit and read much on the site or post. Now i’ve got more free time during the day due to work schedule change(3 nights a week, 12 hr shifts) so here I am diving in and really enjoying reading everyones contributions to the site. My DOC is opiates, currently on MMT so i’m not truly “clean” but it’s been a little over 5 years since I had a needle in my arm and I’d say that’s a good thing, no? I hope to get more involved in the discussions on here and maybe even help someone out if i can. Be safe ❤️

Blueberry

What's good, blueberry?

Thank you for the intro! Mhm yes needles aren't cool. I have been off for a while too and you'll find others like us.

You may know we have sub forums for just about everything.. From showing off your stash, to sobriety support.

I hope you get the best out of BL.

Welcome to Bluelight @Blueberry_87!

Thank you for your response, madness.
I’m doing well, glad I decided to post and engage since this time of year always makes me feel a little blah. Not sure if it’s the lack of vitamin D from less sun or what but feeling down always brings about that little voice urging me to “do something“ to brighten my spirits. If only I could partake in a substance i enjoyed and then leave it alone for months at a time but...I can’t 😩.
Congrats on giving up the needle, too. It’s a rough addiction by itself which a lot of people don’t understand.

Hope you had a very merry Christmas and 2021 treats you well!

Yeah you've got the right idea in not letting the darkness consume you.

I always try to go out of my comfort zone. Can be anxiety inducing but is largely helpful through a learning experience.

Oh, 2021 is going to be great. I have several things lined up. I hope you have a good one too.. Kick back and make BL home like so many of us do, in the meantime.

Hey blueberry,
Glad your here. As far as I'm concerned, MMT IS living clean. You deserve a huge pat on the back for 5 years of working hard to overcome heroin.
Good job!
Hope to keep in touch!
Liz

Thank you Lizard! Your kind words made me smile. So many recovering addicts (especially 12 steppers in AA or NA) view any substance use as still using no matter what the context. I think that’s bullshit and too narrow minded and unrealistic. Some of us do funtion better with some kind of psychoactive in our systems to feel “normal”. I find a lot of pride in that and refuse to let others judge my life without having walked in my shoes, they couldn’t handle some of the shit ive been through! Cheers to us and i hope you have a fabulous new year 💕

Blueberry

Thank you Lizard! Your kind words made me smile. So many recovering addicts (especially 12 steppers in AA or NA) view any substance use as still using no matter what the context. I think that’s bullshit and too narrow minded and unrealistic. Some of us do funtion better with some kind of psychoactive in our systems to feel “normal”. I find a lot of pride in that and refuse to let others judge my life without having walked in my shoes, they couldn’t handle some of the shit ive been through! Cheers to us and i hope you have a fabulous new year 💕

Blueberry
Welcome and I feel the same way you do in some regard and glad you spoke up about it.

Yeah you've got the right idea in not letting the darkness consume you.

I always try to go out of my comfort zone. Can be anxiety inducing but is largely helpful through a learning experience.

Oh, 2021 is going to be great. I have several things lined up. I hope you have a good one too.. Kick back and make BL home like so many of us do, in the meantime.
getting out of my comfort zone is a big anxiety producer for me, but I will admit some of the best experiences came out of me pushing through my fears and just going for it.
2021 has to kick ass, it seriously can not get any worse. i want to just keep being the best version of myself, be a great mom, wife, friend, coworker, just a good person in general. i love the vibe here on BL and can see it being a great support when i have those low moments. Thanks so much for making me feel welcome! 🌸

getting out of my comfort zone is a big anxiety producer for me, but I will admit some of the best experiences came out of me pushing through my fears and just going for it.
2021 has to kick ass, it seriously can not get any worse. i want to just keep being the best version of myself, be a great mom, wife, friend, coworker, just a good person in general. i love the vibe here on BL and can see it being a great support when i have those low moments. Thanks so much for making me feel welcome! 🌸
I can tell you honestly, you will get the best advice here, whether its from the forums or pm. You sought out to be around like minded people that will not judge you for what you have done. I find that you overcame a huge anxiety barrier by posting about you and your positive intentions. This is my motto in life, If you want to judge me, put your feet in my shoes and see if you can survive, I did because clearly I am still here.

Hi @Blueberry_87 :)
Welcome to Bluelight <3

We have a few forums here that focuses mostly on mental health & substance abuse disorder (among other things)
Health and Recovery
The Dark Side
Mental Health

There are also places around that can help you keep the mood by wanting to know something related to a hobby or something just in general (not drug related).

Hopefully you will stick around for a while! <3

Good morning @D’s 😊

Thank you for your response. I’ve spent some time lurking in The Dark Side and there really are a lot of great people here(I hope that’s not as creepy as it sounds).
It took me awhile to work up the nerve to post (I am very shy), but seeing all the advice and genuine help that other BLers offered made it easier.

I do plan to stick around. I like it here! 😁