• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Newbie Questions

Ashley1983 said:
How long does the rush from snorting last? Orally, the Adderall works for about 4-5 hours (for me, at least). If I find snorting it works better in a sense of a bigger rush, even for a shorter period of time, it might be worth a try for my mid-day dose. It'll hit, do its job, and I'll be back down in time to sleep at night.
It really depends on a person. Personally, I find it difficult to sleep around 6 hours after snorting a line of amphetamine, but it's not uncommon for me to have trouble falling asleep even when not on any stimulating substances. Oral amphetamine, for instance, usually keeps me up for at least 10-12 hours. At the same time, I know some people who sometimes fall asleep right after snorting a fat line of amphetamine, so it seems to vary a lot. I guess only one way to find out how you respond ;)

Ashley1983 said:
Another totally "Newbie" question... Since one of the most-stated drawbacks of snorting Adderall is that it doesn't last as long, anyone ever snorted half of the dose and taken the other half orally? As in, at the same time? It seems to me that you'd get the best of both worlds that way - quick onset and a better rush from the snorted dose and the longer-action and not "crashing" aspect from the oral dose. Any thoughts?
Combining an oral dose with a nasal one is definately worth a try, I've done it and enjoyed it a lot. It is indeed a nice cross between the two, but no-one can really say for sure how exactly you'll react as it's highly individual. Just experiment, I'm sure you'll find how it works the best for you. :)