• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Newbie Questions

Ashley1983

Bluelighter
Okay, so I was doing some unofficial "research" on whether or not an alternate route would make either Ambien, Klonopin, or Adderall (all legally prescribed, of course... =D) work faster/better, and I stumbled across this site. I Mod another site just like this (Well, same forum type (vBulletin), different topic, of course), so I'm lucky that I know how to navigate it.

Anyway, I'm a bit baffled about some of the terminology on here... I'm an RN (have been since 2004), and I've never heard of "parachuting" a drug or taking it anally (WTF? I have one question - HOW?!?!), and I wonder about "snorting" them (God, do you realize the sheer pain involved in that with some of these drugs?!?! 8o ). So, as the resident "newbie," can anyone give me a run-down on the most common alternate, non-prescribed drug-routes (minus IV) and whether they actually do in fact make the medicine work faster or better? I tried taking a dose of my Klonopin Sub-L yesterday, and that was pointless... Also, would you mind, to avoid further confusion on my behalf, listing the most common drug nick-names? I saw some things that just didn't make any sense.

Thanks for taking time to read and hopefully respond!

Ash

ETA: I removed the website I mod so I won't be classified as a "troll."

Last edited:
Ummm, no, I'm not. I'm genuinely curious. Check out my profile and all. I'm finding some of the info I'm looking for in the other forums... but would still like some help.

This is a strange question for an RN. You have never had to deal with a drug user before?

Yes, but I work for a small community hospital in a small town in the middle of nowhere (seriously).

I did some rounds in a mental/drug facility, and most of those patients were either so out-of-it, uncooperative, or DT'ing so badly that it was hard to glean any real "usable" information out of them.. really, who do you know that's going through puke-and-hallucination withdrawals that's going to sit down and rationally discuss the means and method of their medications and how they administer the meds to themselves?

When it comes to mainstream drugs - i.e cocaine, meth, pot, ecstacy... well, these methods of delivery are a given. This whole world of taking prescription meds using a method other than as directed is new to me. I'm curious and intrigued.

Sorry, Ashley i thought you were taking the piss. I laughed at the klonopin Sub-L.

-Parachuting, means wrapping a substance (eg. speed) in a rizla and swallowing it, usually done to avoid tasting the substance. I'm unsure of any other benefits.

-Yes, my nose is still hurting form fridays session.

-Most Efficient ingestion of medicines varies between drugs.

-use www.urbandictionary.com to decipher slang.

Which drugs/medicines are you most interested in (alternatively ingesting)?

Ashley1983 said:
Yes, but I work for a small community hospital in a small town in the middle of nowhere (seriously).

I did some rounds in a mental/drug facility, and most of those patients were either so out-of-it, uncooperative, or DT'ing so badly that it was hard to glean any real "usable" information out of them.. really, who do you know that's going through puke-and-hallucination withdrawals that's going to sit down and rationally discuss the means and method of their medications and how they administer the meds to themselves?

When it comes to mainstream drugs - i.e cocaine, meth, pot, ecstacy... well, these methods of delivery are a given. This whole world of taking prescription meds using a method other than as directed is new to me. I'm curious and intrigued.

I came here for research too since my bf accidentally overdosed. He was (at least it seems from the police report) crushing and sniffing Oxycontin although I don't know what mg they were. In the police report it said he had white substance (foamy is how they described it) coming from his nose and mouth.

I had a hard time figuring out some of the stuff too, but if you do a search for whatever you want to learn about someone usually elaborates or types it out so you can understand better. I've found this site is really good to learn about prescription drugs.

Lysis - Sorry about the OD situation. I've seen that a few times... though most of the situations I saw it in were intentional. I hope your bf wasn't trying to do it intentionally. ((HUG)) Remember, knowledge is power... and if you're getting that here, GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Ummm, well, I'm really curious about Adderall (not XR - I take 10mg po BID) and Klonopin (1mg po TID). I've been on the K-pin for 7 years, give or take, and while I'm guessing it's still working (no more panic attacks or trips to the ER in an ambulance for me in the last couple years...), I'd like to once again feel that "good buzz/relaxed" feeling like when I first started taking it. Adderall is completely new to me... just started it on Friday. I can tell a difference, but experience nothing like what other people I know who take a comparable dose. I just want to get the most bang for my buck, so to speak, but being trained strictly medical/clinical, I have no ideas on any good, reliable, surefire "off-label" administration methods.

Any takers?

~%~

Please be careful.
I understand long-term benzo use,
an' you've probably got
yo'delf quite a maintenance
goin'
with your current use...

...what exactly are you look fo'....?

It may well be very close to impossible fo' you to
get
what you're aimin' fo'.

7 years is a long time.

PEACE
UnS
:)

wow... living up to your name? :)

kidding anyway.

Intrarectal administration is very effective, hits much faster and allows you to use less. Being an rn, you should already be familiar with suppositories.

This is the same thing, except instead of shoving a pill up your ass, you use an oral syringe, and about half of the water needed to fill it, dissolve your dose into that water (it's really easy to way overdo it on the water), suck it back up, lightly lube your syringe with just about anything (spit, chap-stick, the latter being my personal choice).

Slide it in as deep as you can go without pain or just losing the thing (One of two threads I've ever opened that were closed here was a joke about losing the thing up there ;) )

Insufflation is a very good route, but it can be painful. You get used to it really quick. Shit, I've snorted Suboxone; that's a bitch.

you might want to write in normal size black. It's a lot less annoying. Or even normal sized lilac would be okay.

Slide it in as deep as you can go without pain or just losing the thing (One of two threads I've ever opened that were closed here was a joke about losing the thing up there ;) ) .[/QUOTE said:

Dude I still remeber your step by step, and the visual I got had me
Laughing my ass off

Okay, normal-sized black font it is...

Alright... I'm not sticking any syringe larger than a 1cc up my rectum, no matter how well it's lubed up (I've administered one too many "soap-suds" enemas at work to want to go any further than this...). So about .5cc of water (or saline?) and the 10mg Adderall pill (dissolved)? Then just lay down on my stomach, insert the syringe, push in the plunger, and wait? For how long?

Man, it will be so weird seeing my sh*t come out bright blue! 8o

Does this work well for the Klonopin, as well?

I'm newly taking this Adderall, and while I can tell a difference, it's not a big difference. I know it's probably a dosage issue (I need a larger dose or the XR), but my insurance company won't pay for another prescription for 30 days from the date of the original prescription. BS pharmaceutical crap.

So I just want to get the most of what I have until I can get the right dose I need.

Also, I'm so used to being a "good, solid" citizen that I just want to do something "bad" for a freakin' change!!! (But mostly for the first reason mentioned above! ;) )

OK I understand. I have anxiety and mood issues; when I've taken high doses of opioids this has destroyed my harmonious mood and caused more problems medium-term than the short-term high was worth. I've not taken any amphetamines, I do know that taking a recreational dose could make your anxiety/panic disorder re-emerge. It may be a better idea to find the right dose and stay balanced - this will give you long term happiness, rather than just a temporary high. Do you take the Adderall for shift work sleep-disorder, or for tiredness caused by the benzo., or something else?

I take it to help with energy and focus. Sometimes I work swing-shift (i.e. 11p-7a for two days, then 7p-3a for a couple days, sometimes pulling 12- to 16-hour shifts spur-of-the-moment if someone calls in or if we get flooded with patients) with a day off here and there. It's also a textbook case of ADHD that I noticed symptoms of while in nursing school. I just never went to the doctor to get diagnosed, well, until last Friday.