• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Newbie here--sorry for the lame but accurate moniker (crazy in a good way) and lack of a cool avatar

psicho

Greenlighter
But found this to be such a cool site, had to jump in. I'm a spyychiatrist [sic] living in the southwestern United States, who has shall we say, a keen interest in recreational drugs. My misspent youth experimenting with psychedelics, cocaine and pot led me to the belief that psychoactive substances have the potential of improving the human condition, and ultimately led to my career choice. Happily my wayward foray into higher education has been vindicated absolutely. Now I want to know more, partly to inform a practice in addiction medicine and partly to better understand psychopharmacology, and boy have I found the right place. Infinitely more entertaining than textbooks and of much greater utility.

Welcome @psicho. I saw you got in quick with a few quality posts. It sounds like you'll have lots to add in pharmacology and science discussions - but we won't mind hearing the wayward youth stories either!

MOrning and Welcome to Bluelight friend.

I think someone with your knowledge and input will be a great contribution to this site and plus I'm sure you will learn some more from other posters or members on here. Really hope you enjoy your stay and looking forward to your insight and views on certain subjects that you seem to be well educated in.

Much Love
Coffeeshroom

We have a lot to offer here, and it sounds like you can reciprocate. Welcome aboard.

Thanks for all the welcomes--it's a pleasure to find so many like minded folk, and to discover so many riches in just a few hours; I suspect visits here will soon become a habit. And the joy of just laughing out loud in response to the misadventures of my fellow psychonauts reminded me of the belly laughs Hunter Thompson delivered with such dexterity.

It has also aroused such curiosity about the newer psychedelics, I just may have to revisit the dark web to see whats up--been several years. Anyway these are first takes and look forward to learning from and sharing with all of you.

Yo
But found this to be such a cool site, had to jump in. I'm a spyychiatrist [sic] living in the southwestern United States, who has shall we say, a keen interest in recreational drugs. My misspent youth experimenting with psychedelics, cocaine and pot led me to the belief that psychoactive substances have the potential of improving the human condition, and ultimately led to my career choice. Happily my wayward foray into higher education has been vindicated absolutely. Now I want to know more, partly to inform a practice in addiction medicine and partly to better understand psychopharmacology, and boy have I found the right place. Infinitely more entertaining than textbooks and of much greater utility.

You've come to the right depository. Bluelight resides at the intersection of experiential wisdom and pretty substantial collective knowledge (there really isn't anything like it).