• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc New York State Prescription Issues

speedballs_over

Bluelighter
I strongly believe this is HR info.

I recently visited my family in NY. I'm on bupe and valium as CIII and CIV meds. NY will not honor out of state prescriptions on paper after thirty days. They will require an electronically signed and internet submitted script from your prescribing physician. It's hell.

Then when you go back to a sane State, the pharmacies in NY won't even return to your home pharmacy NON controlled prescriptions that had refills.

Be aware when traveling or moving to NY, get ready for hassles.

Fuck New York.

PM me if you need help on this issue.

They can transfer out non-controlled rxs but their state law says they can only transfer one refill, regardless of how many are remaining.

They can transfer out non-controlled rxs but their state law says they can only transfer one refill, regardless of how many are remaining.

Kitty, Do you think some of these laws, such as this, should be federally controlled or do you believe the current system of individual states mandating their own laws makes the most sense? It seems to me that some of these portability issues "should" be more uniform. Just curious what you think being this is your professional life. Many Thanks!

Oh my God, yes, yes, yes it should be standardized. The practice of pharmacy is basically the same anywhere in the US. There is no reason we cannot have a federal board of pharmacy that sets all the standards of practice and regulations. To be quite honest, the state boards of pharmacy all say they are there to serve and protect their citizens, but really they are little more than money makers (through licensing fees and fines) that are about the most inefficient government agencies I can think of. Think DMV x1000, then you get the BOPs.

Oh my God, yes, yes, yes it should be standardized. The practice of pharmacy is basically the same anywhere in the US. There is no reason we cannot have a federal board of pharmacy that sets all the standards of practice and regulations. To be quite honest, the state boards of pharmacy all say they are there to serve and protect their citizens, but really they are little more than money makers (through licensing fees and fines) that are about the most inefficient government agencies I can think of. Think DMV x1000, then you get the BOPs.

Thanks for that insight but now I'm a little horrified at how inefficient they seem to be (at least for the services they "should" be providing). Geez, I mean DMV x 1000, hell that's downright scary!