• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Paraphernalia New Vape Suggestions

geekgrl

Bluelighter
Hi,

I got a Firefly 2 a few years back, enjoyed it a lot. Also dropped it a lot on my stone kitchen floor, smashed but still works. But I went back to my beloved bong as I found it was more fun, got me hammered.

I'm looking for a new Vape suggestion, I'm after:
  • Good for one person
  • Good battery and / or spare or power via socket
  • Not too easy to smash
  • Quick heating, or good retention of heat.
  • I smoke flower, never concentrates
  • Flavour is super important
  • Obviously one that can hit the spot
  • Price doesn't matter if worth it. My firefly cost a bomb.
  • I smoke daily so it needs to cope with that. I prob go through max 1oz (28g) a month.

What's popular ATM? I know the PAX and Firefly, I remember Arizer and the ones made my the volcano brand, but can't remember any others.

I really love my glass bong... But I replace bits I break a lot... I'm super clumsy. I even have a spare for when I break it, usually cleaning it as I hate a dirty bong

TIA x

Volcano brand (storz and Bickel) make 2 decent hand held vapes- the mighty and the crafty.

The crafty has a much shorter battery life and can’t be used when charging (? Iirc), the mighty can be used when charging. Controlling the temp, on the crafty requires an ap on your phone tho.

Both hit about the same

Being a chronic like that tho you’ll likely have to clean either of em out every few weeks but I’ve got lazy friends who just keep ignoring it (but it starts to draw poorly and taste awful). It’s not hard to clean but definitely time consumin. The orings wear out, taking them in and out for cleaning but thankfully replacement parts are cheap enough

Both seem resilient enough to my klutzy friends. I’ve seen em knock those things on tile floors off a table and still keep going

Flavour is kinda kife imo, even compared to the volcano. Tbh I prefer my glass vapour genie to all 3 but it def won’t withstand being dropped lol

I have the Arizer Air 2 and love it. You pack the bottom of a glass tube with pot and then insert it into the device. It is both convection and the other method. Glass tubes are sturdy and you can refill them and blaze 1 after the other. Best vape I have purchased/used. Oh and it doesnt get dirty

Volcano brand (storz and Bickel) make 2 decent hand held vapes- the mighty and the crafty.

The crafty has a much shorter battery life and can’t be used when charging (? Iirc), the mighty can be used when charging. Controlling the temp, on the crafty requires an ap on your phone tho.

Both hit about the same

Being a chronic like that tho you’ll likely have to clean either of em out every few weeks but I’ve got lazy friends who just keep ignoring it (but it starts to draw poorly and taste awful). It’s not hard to clean but definitely time consumin. The orings wear out, taking them in and out for cleaning but thankfully replacement parts are cheap enough

Both seem resilient enough to my klutzy friends. I’ve seen em knock those things on tile floors off a table and still keep going

Flavour is kinda kife imo, even compared to the volcano. Tbh I prefer my glass vapour genie to all 3 but it def won’t withstand being dropped lol

Holy shit, thanks for reminding me about the Mighty. I hit one a couple months ago and my god, I LOVE my PAX3 but the Mighty puts it to fucking shame.

It's pretty big, though... technically it's a handheld vape, but the size of it makes it seem more like a tabletop one.

Honestly, I never understood nor want to understand vaping. Bong or philles
The point is to get all the flavour minus the unpleasant taste, irritation, and the health risks caused by burning the weed.
The high comes on a bit slower but it's not inferior.

Honestly, I never understood nor want to understand vaping. Bong or philles

I can't speak for everyone, but when I vape flower I can consistently get higher than I do smoking off of a lesser amount. That's always been priority #1 for me.

The second biggest perk has already been mentioned:
get all the flavour minus the unpleasant taste, irritation,

I can also agree that while the high comes on slower, vaping turns almost every high into a creeper. I'll put down the vape and think, "Man.... am I feeling anything? Was I even getting hits or what?" And anywhere from 5-15min later I need to lay down and shut my eyes because it just fuckin' creeps up on ya, man.

Like... I went from smoking ~1g joints and blunts multiple times a day to loading my PAX3 with about 0.2g twice a day at the most and getting two separate sessions out of each load/oven. From a financial standpoint, it's saved me thousands of dollars over the past couple of years. Used to go through an ounce every three weeks like clockwork, now I sit on an ounce for about 3 months before I start to see the bottom of the jar.

I still smoke joints, but it's not a frequent thing at all. Maybe 2-3 per ounce. I definitely prefer my vape, but sometimes I just wanna take a walk, you know? I'm not a big fan of cartridges, though. They'll get ya high as fuck but something about them always dries the shit out of my sinuses, and every time I've gone on a cart-binge I ended up with a sinus infection.

Last edited:
Ye I heard all that shit before but for Shade and his cercle, we still on papers/bongs.

I'm not a big fan of cartridges, though. They'll get ya high as fuck but something about them always dries the shit out of my sinuses, and every time I've gone on a cart-binge I ended up with a sinus infection.

When you expel all the vapour, try to exhale out of your nose and if some vapour is coming out of there it means that it was stuck there.
I used to get a dried up nose from vaping and found out that I needed to expel the vapour from my nose to avoid that.
Don't understand why it gets there as it never did when I smoked spliffs or bongs.

I have tried a few older flower vapes. Various gpens, and the magic flight. They were OK.

Stopped vaping for a while. Have a pax3 now and quite like vaping flower. And pax3 is great. I get stoned and conserve huge. Have yet to try any of the dynavap items, but have heard good things about them.

I'm happy with the Flowermate 5 nano. Convection/conduction heating and replaceable standard battery.

About ready to order the dynavap m. Looks killer. Check the clouds on youtube. Just gonna get the stand alone piece. Don't need the concentrate add on, or silly cases. Will update in a few weeks once it comes and have used it for a tad.

About ready to order the dynavap m. Looks killer. Check the clouds on youtube. Just gonna get the stand alone piece. Don't need the concentrate add on, or silly cases. Will update in a few weeks once it comes and have used it for a tad.

Nice man! I had one of last year's model but I gave it to a buddy of mine a while back. I really liked it but much preferred my Sticky Brick Runt. I still love the SB but I like the option of being able to get an induction heater for the Dynavap. Might have to pick one up down the road.

I've got an Arizer ArGo that I like but the stem feels a bit short (I keep meaning to get a longer one). Good flavour and amazing portability, though. I'm still happy with mine though if I'm going outside, I usually roll some doobs instead. I ran out of butane for my torch so the SB out of commission at the moment but I've thankfully got an Arizer EQ that kicks absolute ass. I got mine used from a friend for a stupidly cheap price but I'd pay full pop for this thing. Absolute flavour machine and 3-4 bags will fucking knock me out.