• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

New Triggering Post Guideline for Social Threads - PLEASE READ BEFORE Posting (as of Apr 27 2021)

We encourage talking about psychiatric medications. It is really helpful and empowering for people to share their experiences with these drugs.Glad to hear that your recent change had positive results!:)

<3
herby

To echo what herby already said, it's absolutely okay to discuss those types of things. As she said, it's actually encouraged! Legitimate medications are a huge part of the recovery process, and about living with psychiatric conditions.

Thanks for the courtesy of asking :)

Much love,

~ Vaya

I am sorry btw, I noticed the last thread I have made had edits with "triggers" here and there and I was confused. Now I know, sorry, won't happen again.

I am sorry btw, I noticed the last thread I have made had edits with "triggers" here and there and I was confused. Now I know, sorry, won't happen again.

It's cool, man :) We're not nazis lol. We just want safety for all.
Much love,

~ Vaya

Remember, we the staff are here to help you solve your problems in all areas of life -
And you had better believe that that includes the recovery forums!! :)

I will honor this rule, but I don't agree with it at all. IMO the rule should insist upon a warning label to the reader that the content contained within any thread glorifies and describes in graphic detail intensive drug induced history/past experiences that should not be read by anyone wanting to avoid potential triggers/desires to engage in consuming psychoactive drugs/alcohol. It should be in italic, bold, red or insert variation of your choice, at the top of the thread. That way it would be up to the reader whether or not to continue & at the same time grant each individual writer a bit more freedom while respecting the welfare of others. As stated above, I will comply, but I don't agree.

^This rule is specific to the Recovery forums and grew from the bottom up and not the top down, so to speak. It came about from members wanting a part of the forum where they could engage in talk and discussion about dependence and addiction without being triggered as much by specific drug talk. We do let a certain amount of triggering content stay in threads where the writer is describing say, why he o she is so dependent (romanticizing o glorifying the drug itself) and we do exactly what you suggested in those instances with a "triggering" warning in the title (usually the member puts this on).In terms of having the most freedom when writing, I like to use blogs.

I'm seeing a lot of post being re- edited for "triggering content" it's out of control. Seriously is it that hard for users to read TDS guidelines? I think after the third re-edit of a mod should result in a temp ban for the user.

^ To clarify the BL process, moderators do not issue Temp bans, the system does not work that way. Moderators can issue official warnings and infraction points, if a member collects a number of infraction points a temp ban is triggered. Points remain on the members profile for a fixed period and further infractions points would trigger increasingly longer Temp bans.

I've not been a moderator in TDS very long, but I an sure I speak for all the team here when I say that we would avoid issuing infraction points where ever possible, excluding members wanting to access this area of the site would be a last resort option.

I haven't had to edit any posts 3 times so canal comment on that particular issue, but I have edited out, what I have considered triggering content. If a member persistently posted such material despite having their posts edited and being contacted by the mod team formal action would be taken, I am not aware of this happening in recent times.

The site relies heavily on all members reporting posts that they feel break the main BlueLight User Agreement or the specific forum guidelines ( see my sig for links ) it's a team effort and we are all on the team.

I hope that helps:)

I've been guilty of doing this a few times, discussing maintenance drugs. I'm going to re-read these rules at times but they are so easy to forget n get carried away. I've posted here drunk in the past and I should not have done that as it may have triggered someone, I forget that there are people with alcohol issues here too. Really very sorry for all the times I've done this xxxx

Feel I need to post a message to bluelight saying sorry, didn't think! Wrighting something that could be the trigger in someone, not cool. Won't happen again.

Feel I need to post a message to bluelight saying sorry, didn't think! Wrighting something that could be the trigger in someone, not cool. Won't happen again.

Hey, no problem. I don't know what you wrote but presumably someone thought it was triggering. "Triggering" is a slippery concept because it is so subjective but it's a valid concern. It can be hard to know and your sincerity is appreciated.:)<3

So a question from a 60 year old recovering addict:
A reply to a question by user chronich regarding use and efficacy of medical cannabis (focus on high CBD) and relating my five year struggle with prescription painkillers, muscle relaxers, coupled with psych meds for Generalized Anxiety Disorder culminating in L5-S1 fusion in May 2015 and the subsequent rapid withdrawal (self initiated) off Percocet 40mg/day + Valium 30mg/day be considered a trigger?
I also posted a link to an article in the July 2015 issue of The American Legion magazine about a US Military Veteran's experience that greatly influenced my decision:
http://www.legion.org/magazine/228290/cannabis-question
Would this be considered having triggers in my message?
Please reply,
Dave
PS: I was also on Seroquel and other meds - have eliminated some meds and am working on others to reduce dosage.
Post surgery revealed not only problems at L4-L5 but also debilitating pain that was masked by the L5-S1 ice pick in my back type pain.
I also highly recommend anyone reading this to view the article and video if you are considering this path.
Excuse the shouting but I would stress the importance of HONESTY with the Doctors and my Sponsor.
The Neurosurgeon, Psychiatrist, and my Family Practice Doctor have all been informed and have recommended (Psychiatrist even seconded and re-prescribed) my recovery rehabilitation path.

Last edited:
hi davswl9

i think so long as what you are linking to is about someones recovery journey and it doesn't glorify drug use, or go into detail about positive experiences with addictive drugs like heroin, then its all good.

i wish you the best on your path :)

Thank You, Mysterie.
There is always a trade off benefit/detriment ratio on use of any medication.
I am glad an organization as well known, at least in the US, as The American Legion is finally putting the possible benefits out there.
High CBD cannabis is apparently much better to my body, according to blood tests, than Percocet and Valium.
My ultimate goal is to be free of debilitating pain and mind altering drugs.

Good to know.

Seems so easy to let a "fond" memory slip out. Will be careful, or mindful rather.