• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health New Treatment For Schizophrenia Drug | Mark Agresti

Gdvffh

Bluelighter
hey guys there talking in this video about how there creating a new antipsychotic drug that does not antagonize dopamine and serotonnin receptors. Instead it agonized the TARR receptor, it will come out sometime between 2-4 years. But this drug is good news as it wont cause the negative symptoms that the older antipsychotic drugs cause such as anhedonia and apathy. Thoughts?

Interesting as I’ve been noticing something lately. I believe TAAR1 agonists might be really good antidepressants as well as keep me from using other drugs as often. I find when using a TAAR1 agonist that afterwards I’m in a much better mood for sometimes weeks on end and I consistently forget to take my suboxone almost as if I don’t really need it as much. These include amphetamine, meth, and MDxx compounds.

I remember hearing stories of people who were heroin addicts that got addicted to meth and were able to stop cold turkey with hardly any WD. I believe now it’s the TAAR1 agonism that plays a role in making that happen.

-GC

hopefully it will, i want to take the drug when it does get released, but im hearing it wont come out for another 2-4 years
Yes unfortunately these things take a lot of time to pass various stages of approval. It sounds promising though!!

h
Yes unfortunately these things take a lot of time to pass various stages of approval. It sounds promising though!!
yeah it could be a game changer for us, a drug that dosnt have those negative symptoms, and those cognitive issues caused by all the other antipsychotics. could be a new era where ppl on antipsychotics arnt all on disability. unfortunately we have to wait a couple of years for it to come out, so most likely ill be suffering until then :(