• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

New to site, and I liked to introduce myself.

#0507jojo1978

Greenlighter
My name is Jo Ann,but everyone calls me Jojo for short. I'm 42, divorced mom of 2 incredible young men, 22 and 17. I've been on the site a few times here and there when I've had questions about some things involving rx drugs and street drugs. I myself am a recovering addict w a year and 4mos clean time. I've always been open and honest with my kids about my drug use whenever they have questions about things. Recently I am extremely concerned about my 17 almost 18 year old son. A red flag of concern came over me when he had asked me about wanting to know what speedball was and if I've ever done it. Unfortunately, well I guess really fortunately I have nvr done that before. I've had friends in the past that used to do that but I have never done that before. My son's question was about the smoke method of speedball bc he found out that his close friend of years past was doing it and my son had no idea his friend had a problem like that. I've always had an open relationship with my son's that they can ask me anything and I don't pass judgement. I'm trying to educate myself about smoking speed ball and how it's done so I can tell him about it and the dangers of that. I greatly appreciate any information I can get so I can provide him with the answers he seeks. Thx ahead of time.

everyone calls me Jojo
Hi, jojo.
Welcome to bluelight and genuinely glad to have ya aboard. :)
I personally have never smoke speed-ball but am sure it is possible as one can smoke H and cocaine, so couldn't be that difficult it would seem. At least that was what we called speedball back in the day: H and ya.
I have no doubt that some here have tried it and can offer some advice. Guess we will see what is what, no?
Anyway, thanks for the intro and glad to meet ya.
Best of luck with the knowledge one seeks. Will be watching sos I can gain a few nuggets of wisdom from those who have gone before.
Love always,
Ptah

Welcome Jojo,
I believe you’ll find all the answers to the questions you have re: speedballs, here.

I have a daughter and I’m blessed that she shares everything with me. In high school she told me of her interest in pot and drinking. I made sure that she and I indulged in these together, a few times at home, prior to her going to a party and trying these on her own. My father did the same for me.

Honesty with our kids re: drugs, and the role they’ve played in our lives, is vitally important, providing they are mature enough to receive such info. Seeking an education re: the drugs your younger son is interested in, is vital.

Keep up the good work with the open communication! It sounds like you have done a wonderful job with your sons.

Welcome to Bluelight @#0507jojo1978 (Jojo) :)

There is plenty of information on here, just use the search function up top, and select 'search titles only' if you want to read a thread specifically around speedballs.

My name is Jo Ann,but everyone calls me Jojo for short. I'm 42, divorced mom of 2 incredible young men, 22 and 17. I've been on the site a few times here and there when I've had questions about some things involving rx drugs and street drugs. I myself am a recovering addict w a year and 4mos clean time. I've always been open and honest with my kids about my drug use whenever they have questions about things. Recently I am extremely concerned about my 17 almost 18 year old son. A red flag of concern came over me when he had asked me about wanting to know what speedball was and if I've ever done it. Unfortunately, well I guess really fortunately I have nvr done that before. I've had friends in the past that used to do that but I have never done that before. My son's question was about the smoke method of speedball bc he found out that his close friend of years past was doing it and my son had no idea his friend had a problem like that. I've always had an open relationship with my son's that they can ask me anything and I don't pass judgement. I'm trying to educate myself about smoking speed ball and how it's done so I can tell him about it and the dangers of that. I greatly appreciate any information I can get so I can provide him with the answers he seeks. Thx ahead of time.
Hi new also