• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids New to Methadone

fortysixandtwo7

Greenlighter
Long story short, I've been on Norco 10's for about 10 months. Only 2-6 pills a day. I'm currently going through withdrawals and a friend of mine gave me 2 10mg methadones. My question is should I take an entire 10mg? I'm new to this but I know it will help with the withdrawals until I get my prescription in a couple days. Should I start with breaking it in half? Or take the entire thing? Side note, I do drink 2 cans of monster energy and at least a fifth of whiskey a day. I just would like to know what the methadone alone would do. Any help is appreciated!

well for the sake of making it last i would recommend cutting in half yes. and since it has a longer half-life than norco it should be sufficient in keeping withdrawals at bay, but i wouldn't expect to get very high from that dosage.

The only thing I'm really looking for is the awakeness and energy. Will half or the entire 10mg do it for me?

i've never taken methadone before so i don't know what its effects are on withdrawal, but for withdrawal in general anything that will bind to the opiate receptors is going to help with withdrawal. and you haven't been on opiates long enough or taken enough daily for that dosage of methadone to not have an effect.