• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

New to methadone....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modnaro

Bluelighter
I am possibly getting a few 10 mg Methadones. As of now I have no tolerance and same with my girl friend. I was thinking of splitting a 10 mg and snorting half of it with her and then re-dosing in 2-3 hours if needed. I was wondering though what should I expect to feel initaly? Is it like other opiates like oxy or dope? And how long until I can resume normal activity? I was planning on doing them around 1030 PM friday night but I work 430 PM The next day... I mean I understand Ill still feel it in my system but will I be coherent, and will my pupils still be pins?

sorry for not searching this was a random thing coming accross methadone but I want to be as prepared as possible to avoid any problems

dont snort methadone and you won't have to redose after 2 hours if you don't have a tolerance. It has a very long halflife and is extremely easy to overdose on if you aren't careful about redosing. It's possible you'll still feel sort of sick at the time you have to go to work the next day, have a weak stomach that is. Please dont snort this, it has a very high oral bioavailability.

BE CAREFUL

Ok snorting it did not seem wise. Should we each just swallow a whole 10 mg? Or split one? I weigh about 190 lbs and she weights about 120 lbs. We both havent done any opiates for well over 3-4 months....

10mg each is totally safe as long as you don't have any allergies to it.

in fact, 10mg won't really do very much to you...

^that's not necessarily true.

depending on your opiate tolerance, 10mg could be a perfect dose for you. The first time i tried methadone i did 15mg and it dropped me like a gunshot wound. start with 10 and to be on the side of safety wait at least 2 hours before deciding to take more.

methadone isn't recreational to a lot of people, but it's my all time favorite.

Start with 10, redose in 2 hours with another half if you feel like you can handle it.
You'll be fine to work tommarow.

the first time i took methadone, i was already using heroin nasally, daily. and still 10mg oral was enough to get me where i was going.

I would start with 5, to be honest, if you don't have a tolerance. There have been deaths at 10mg.

and wait at least 4 hours before even considering going higher.

You should each take 5mg a piece to start out with if you both have 0 tolerance. Certainly do not take more than 10mg to start out with. If you feel nothing after 1-2 hrs than take another 5mg. Methadone has a very long half-life and takes a while to hit you, its onset generally takes longer than oxy or heroin to take effect. Good luck

5 to 10mg should be ok...40mg to an opiate tolerant friend had them vomiting the following day after their first time with it. I would take it much earlier than 10:30. It wont kick in for 1.5 to 2 hours at least.

Yeah I guess my best bet would be maybe around 7.5 mgs each oral. I don't want to be disapointed, but on the other hand id rather just get something small than do too much and get sick or fuck even die...

And I hope Methadone is alot better than Suboxone because I tired that recreationaly a few times and had a mild euphoria during about the first hour or so and then after that it was just 10 hours of feeling dizzy/cloudy, throwing up and nodding way too hard.

It takes quite a bit of methadone to do anything to me......a damn shame. And as far as suboxone goes, I did that once, 32mg subling. Stupid now that I look back on it, I would have been happier with a wafer.

Jesus i Know this is a harm reduction site but some people might actually want to get high. I see you have done oxy and dope. I would take at the vrey least 30mg each. This will come no where near killing you and you will get the high you are searching for. Id say you could take up to 50 and be perfectly fine. But again 30 mg would be a good beginning dose.

antne00 said:
Jesus i Know this is a harm reduction site but some people might actually want to get high. I see you have done oxy and dope. I would take at the vrey least 30mg each. This will come no where near killing you and you will get the high you are searching for. Id say you could take up to 50 and be perfectly fine. But again 30 mg would be a good beginning dose.
You know his body chemistry? He said he has basically no tolerance. Just because you've used opiates in the past, doesn't mean you have a habit, or a high tolerance. You have no idea how he will react to methadone, mind you he hasn't ever tried it before. Telling him to use 30mg is a little wreckless, albeit it may be a good dose for him! But he must start small --> Like you said, this is a harm reduction forum. Safety first. Lots of lives could still be here if that precaution was taken.

Yes i know but 30mg is not that high of a dose. Im sure me and you both agree that he probably wont be satisfied with the high until he takes at least a dose of 30mg.

Not that high is a very subjective comment. To a non tolerant user a 10mg methadone tab could have them drooling for a day or two. I've seen 30mg of methadone kick my friends ass a couple years ago who would habitually shoot a couple bags of dope! Some people are overly sensitive to methadone, for whatever reason. This is why I would not suggest starting with a dose of even 20mg, to start off. Start low, you can always take more. You can't, however, take away from what you've already consumed.

When I went went to the methadone clinic they always start everyone off with 30mg. They consider it a very low dose there.

antne00 said:
When I went went to the methadone clinic they always start everyone off with 30mg. They consider it a very low dose there.
And why are you at the methadone clinic in the first place? You have a habit!! And tolerance!! He doesn't. This is why I recommend 10mg to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.