• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin New to heroin. Should I expect withdrawals?

I think another factor is how pure your dope is. Like if I'm doin grade A clean as fuck dope, I will notice more serious w/ds sooner than if im just doin some average cut shit. Potency is definitely a factor with heroin w/ds IMO.

Hi Class A Team, i live in Dublin, there has been a huge heroin drought here for over 8 months. There is heroin available on the streets but its all bad stuff. Most of whats been sold on the streets is totally fake, so god knows what you have been using, you gotta be careful.

You just can't score gear on the streets since the drought. If you know & trust a dealer then you may be able to buy heroin, but all of the heroin in Dublin at the moment is very very low grade, it is so bad that i have stopped even useing it, i'm just sticking with my methadone lately.

What made you snort the heroin? The heroin we get in UK & Ireland is normaly smoked on tin foil or I.V. Snorting is not a good idea. To be honest using the gear that is around at the moment is not a good idea full stop! Save your cash mate!

Why would you want to just start taking heroin anyway? I know we all started using somewhere at sometime but maybe you should stop & think before to get caught up in a life of heroin, it can be fun at the start but in quickly turns into a nightmare.

But trust me you are totally wasting your cash, the gear in Dublin is totally useless. You can't feel sick from heroin withdrawl, if you do feel sick its probably coz you snorted something dodgy, there are people in Dublin selling make-up & pretending it is heroin, you know the powder that women put on their face? That is been put in little bags & sold for €50 a bag, this is happening on the streets all over Dublin the last few months!

Stay safe mate & trust me there is nothing worth scoring around :(

Last edited:
Hiya! :) Another reason why you might have felt a bit of a buzz off what you scored is coz any of the low grade heroin that is around is heavely cut with benzos, these tablets can some what mimic the effects of heroin, but its still nowhere as good as heroin, but be careful coz you could end up addicted to benzos & thats not a nice thing, surely you don't want a habit of any kind?

There is just nothing good around, although people will swear to you that they are selling proper heroin, i have heard some stories over the last few months! Earlier in the drought there were even other heroin users swearing that they could score good gear, & then when i would go get some of the same gear it would be rubbish! It was working like a placibo for many casual users, but any long term users knew it was rubbish coz you didn't get stoned & it doesn't stop you getting sick (W.D'S). Good luck with things mate, but i would strongly advise you staying away from the gear, its not worth it.

^^^You guys don't have any pharm opiates like morphine,methadone or even buprenorphine on the streets over there?

I dont shoot Diacetylmorphine but I do shoot Hydromorphone and I imagine the withdrawal is very similar.Recently my guy ran out of hydromorphone until the end of the month so I just swithed back to shooting morphine and orally dosing methadone.I think methadone is great.I shoot 12-24 mg's of hydromorphone at a time and 35 mg's of methadone sets me straight all day.

I can only speak for myself, but I've been using heroin intranasally for 8 months, and I've used other opiates, (oxymorphone, oxycodone, hydrocodone, etc), for a year now. The longest I've gone without taking missing a day was two-weeks, and I've never had any withdrawal symptoms of any kind after taking a break for a while.

from what i understand

"street rule"

do it for more than 3 days in a row n u'll have sum type of bad withdraws.... this is iv'ing of course

I think another factor is how pure your dope is. Like if I'm doin grade A clean as fuck dope, I will notice more serious w/ds sooner than if im just doin some average cut shit. Potency is definitely a factor with heroin w/ds IMO.
Definitely agree, the dope I get is damn good 80% of the time and other times can be hit or miss. But as stated you never really know what's all in it so yea I love oxy and opana and many strong agonists as an alternitive but its just so much more money. I can buy opana er 30mg and 5mg ir but its a dollar a mg and just can't afford it all the time but if I could I would, otherwise the only pills I can get are the Ms contains usually the blue endo 100mgs which I dislike very much.

Most likely you won't experience wds this time..but doing h is a dance with the devil, and it will eventually pull you in, and suck you dry! Every junkie said they could chip without getting addicted, and eventually we all cave. My suggestion is don't ever touch that shit again, its a lifetime commitment!