• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New to BL, have a suboxone question.

M@deline

Greenlighter
Hello, I might be posting in the wrong place, my apologies I am new to bluelight, but I am familiar with the site. I have a question regarding Suboxone. I will start from the top, give a little intro. I have had 9+ spinal surgeries, my entire lumbar has been reconstructed. I am prescribed to 20mg R's and 60mg mscontin. I do run out about a week before my new script. Sometimes, I have someone who will give me H to last me until my prescription. I have never have taken suboxone. I took like not even a quarter of one, but it wasnt helping much with my pain even though they suggested it would. It has been like 9 hours since I took the little piece. How long do you think it will be before this wears off and I can take something for my pain?

Suboxone has a duration of 48 hours. But. Taking a micro dose won’t affect the efficiency of pain medication. I would have suggested a minimum of 8 mg to cope with pain. The level you have I would take up to 16mg for it. But. Never take suboxone within 24 hrs of ingesting opiates. And opiates won’t work for 24-48 hours afterwards. At 24 hr Mark you’ll feel something. But you won’t get full effects or H for 48. But like I said, a micro dose shouldn’t affect anything.

How long do you think it will be before this wears off and I can take something for my pain?

You don’t need to wait, especially if you took a small amount only one time.

I definitely would not recommend taking buprenorphine, at all, if you’re taking opioid pain medication to avoid precipitated withdrawals.

I’ve been on subs for less than a year, recently did a taper and noticed that i had to be under a dose of 2 mgs a day for anything to work, in my case kratom. I think the previous response is probably about right, i know it sucks to wait while your in pain but if you need relief with opiates its probably not going to work unless you took leas than 2 mgs, and to be honest, i have chronic back pain and i dont get shit for pain relief from the suboxone, i guess theres a way to take it for pain that involves taking smaller dosages more frequently throughout the day insteAd of dosing 2 x a day which is standard suboxone treatment for addiction.

Well, they gave me this paper thing, I never take a lot of anything unless I know enough about it, they told me it is to help withdrawal and can help pain. I was suppose to get my prescription yesterday, but the pharmacy didnt have my meds until tomorrow, but they said it did come on the truck today. So, I went to pick them up. So, you think since I do not have a tolerance to the suboxone, I am safe to take my meds and they will work? Sorry to ask again, haha.. I would love to stop taking my meds, I was thinking about getting a PE pump (not sure if you know what that is) but, I am so young I worry I should wait till im older. Thank yall so much for responding so swiftly!

Like i said, if u took under 2 mgs u should be ok to take your normal meds but seriously u should not be messing with suboxone AT ALL unless you see a licensed suboxone provider and you and him are borh on board with all the risks and pros and cons and whatnot. DONT MIX THE SUBOXONE WITH YOUR NORMAL PAIN MEDS

So, you think since I do not have a tolerance to the suboxone

100%. The fact that you didn’t go into precipitated withdrawals speaks volumes. Worst case, your pain medicine will feel slightly less effective.

100%. The fact that you didn’t go into precipitated withdrawals speaks volumes. Worst case, your pain medicine will feel slightly less effective.
What is precipitated withdrawals? Ill google that. I took my last pain med at 7ish last night, I woke up at 7am and took the suboxone at 8ish-9ish. Because my pain is the worst in the morning. I wasnt withdrawing when I took it, though.