• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe *New Suboxone film * official thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pegasus

Ex-Bluelighter
They are now out, and have hit the stores. Let's discuss them here...

Initial reports are great. They work much better than the pills taken sublingually, kinda close to like if they were snorted. Also, they are very easy to slice into whatever mg you want.

So... what you guys got?

Discount Card for Buprenorphine Film:

http://suboxone.com/patients/here_to_help/savings.aspx?cid=sav/Default.aspx?cid=hthpf

Basic information about Buprenorphine film:

http://www.heretohelpprogram.com/suboxone_film/Default.aspx

Prescriber Information (Advanced information about Buprenorphine film):

http://www.heretohelpprogram.com/pdfs/SuboxoneSublingualFilmPI.pdf

Definitely use the discount program if you are new to this product. Every little bit helps- especially with a new, brand name product.

So I have 50 subs available at the pharm for me but I stopped seeing my doc due to being broke and cant get a new script.. Do these need a specific prescription or could I request these instead of the pill form I get now w/o calling my doc?

I got some today and LOVE it. Its fast dissolving (unlike the 10 to almost 20 minutes for me with the pills), taste is almost nonexistent. They are almost the EXACT consistency of a Listerine PocketPak mint strip. It cuts very very nicely and you can be much more sure about the milligram then you would have with trying to break the pill into milligrams or cutting it. I have a little picture I took with my iPhone. But there great, if you can get your hands on some!

ege7th.jpg

Oh and in the picture is only half of a strip, I had already used the other half.

like i just said in the suboxone thread, im getting switched to the strips on Friday if i want.. but if i need to bring in the individual packages from each strip at the end of each month im staying with the pills, i have enough shit to do never mind keeping track of empty fuckin packages.

like i just said in the suboxone thread, im getting switched to the strips on Friday if i want.. but if i need to bring in the individual packages from each strip at the end of each month im staying with the pills, i have enough shit to do never mind keeping track of empty fuckin packages.

My old sub doc used to have me do that, but he was so fucked up all the time (I'm serious, he used to have an opioid problem, and was relapsing I believe) that he would totally forget. =D And he always did UA's every third visit. Pretty easy to catch on to.

My new sub doc doesn't drug test, nor does he count pills. He's probably the best doc I've had - not because he's lenient either. He's just the right dude for the job.

I'll be getting the strips tomorrow - I've got the coupon so I'm hoping for like NO co-pay. I'll report back on them as soon as I quit this H binge.

I got some today and LOVE it. Its fast dissolving (unlike the 10 to almost 20 minutes for me with the pills), taste is almost nonexistent. They are almost the EXACT consistency of a Listerine PocketPak mint strip. It cuts very very nicely and you can be much more sure about the milligram then you would have with trying to break the pill into milligrams or cutting it. I have a little picture I took with my iPhone. But there great, if you can get your hands on some!

ege7th.jpg

Oh and in the picture is only half of a strip, I had already used the other half.

Is it still between either 2mg or 8mg for the strips?

Can you tell where the mg marks are or is it just easier to split in half multiple times?

Did not realize these were coming out, though I haven't really paid any attention to such matters. They seem like they'd be pretty cool.

Do they have that same awful taste that the pill form of suboxone has? Stuff makes me wanna vomit just thinking about it

They taste about the same to me. A friend of mine from the same clinic I go to decided to get on them and he gave me one. Allthough I never though lemon-lime was a very bad taste at all in the first place. Sure as hell beats "random white chemical" flavor in my book anyday.

I'm trying to find a Suboxone doc tor right now, but what I'm wondering is if the sub film is cheaper then the pills or the same? Also is Subutex cheaper then Suboxone? I don't have a lot of money and I'm trying to do this the cheapest way possible. So far it's gonna cost me $250 for the first visit and $100 after that. I don't have insurance so it's gonna come out of my pocket for the script also. You would think that since they are trying to help people get off drugs they would at least cut you some slack when it comes to the cost of the treatment. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me....?

I'm trying to find a Suboxone doc tor right now, but what I'm wondering is if the sub film is cheaper then the pills or the same? Also is Subutex cheaper then Suboxone? I don't have a lot of money and I'm trying to do this the cheapest way possible. So far it's gonna cost me $250 for the first visit and $100 after that. I don't have insurance so it's gonna come out of my pocket for the script also. You would think that since they are trying to help people get off drugs they would at least cut you some slack when it comes to the cost of the treatment. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me....?

Technically both the suboxone film strips and the suboxone sublingual tablets are the exact same price. Allthough, since the strips are new on the market, they are offering discounts for the strip formulation only. Im not sure how long they will be offering these "coupons" but it definitely wont be forever. So if you are worried about price, i would hurry up and take advantage of these "deals" they are offering. I think its something like "50$ off your prescription" or soemthing like that. If you go to www.suboxone.com it will have all the information there for you to see.

Also, in the long run, it would probably be cheaper to be on subutex so you can get the generic formulation of it, as there is no generic suboxone yet. but, that really is your doctors decision. Most docs are hesitant to prescribe subutex instead of suboxone because they are under the illusion that it is more abusable. This is because the nalaxone isnt in the subutex forumlation......even though the nalaxone doesnt make the suboxone any less abusable than subutex, its what the doctors were told my the drug companies and by the FDA/DEA so they believe it.

Im not sure if there is anything more I can help you with so please re-post with other questions if you have any.

Good luck!

Also wondering if anyone is aware of any clinical research being done on the sub film? I would like to participate in a study so that I can get my script for free or close to it. I live in Middle TN.

Oh and thanks for the information too!!! I've taken suboxone on the streets and it gives me terrible headaches once I take it for a few days in a row. Debilitating headaches. Subutex does not do this to me? Not sure why....But mainly I am concerned about the price of all this shit. I mean I really want to be clean. I've been addicted to opiates for 5yrs going on 6 have shot up for majority of that. I recently put down the needle on my own sheer will and my boyfriend said he would leave me if I didn't stop. Still can't believe I actually quit. Anyways, I really want to get clean and I know that suboxone will help me get there. There's just no way I can do it cold turkey. I just can't. It makes me too suicidal when I try to just stop. Which is crazy but opiate abuse seriously fucks with your head after a while. Anyways thanks for the help. Much Appreciated, Amberlynn

I'm about to taper my suboxone but I want to get a script of these first. Just so I can have em' and they sound like they taste wayyyy better!!! :)

Do you have to ask for these or are they just replacing them? How would one get their prescription to the strips? IMHO the taste of the pills should be reason enough for anyone.

Oh and thanks for the information too!!! I've taken suboxone on the streets and it gives me terrible headaches once I take it for a few days in a row. Debilitating headaches. Subutex does not do this to me? Not sure why....But mainly I am concerned about the price of all this shit. I mean I really want to be clean. I've been addicted to opiates for 5yrs going on 6 have shot up for majority of that. I recently put down the needle on my own sheer will and my boyfriend said he would leave me if I didn't stop. Still can't believe I actually quit. Anyways, I really want to get clean and I know that suboxone will help me get there. There's just no way I can do it cold turkey. I just can't. It makes me too suicidal when I try to just stop. Which is crazy but opiate abuse seriously fucks with your head after a while. Anyways thanks for the help. Much Appreciated, Amberlynn

it's the nalaxone in the subxone. it's a horrible useless substance. it's literally killing me with its headaches and joint pain

You would have to ask your doctor to switch you over to the strip formulation in order to get them prescribed to you. It shouldnt be too hard since the strips are supposed to be "less abusable" than the pills. Which is odd because when they came out with the pills they said that THEY werent abusable. Stupid fucking drug companies lies.

Anyway, as I have said before, lemon-lime flavor beats "nasty random white chemical" flavor anyday of the week. Also.....the strips have the same lemon-lime flavoring as the tablets. So, I wouldnt get my hopes up if I were you.

Status
Not open for further replies.