• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin New problem for an old dog, extreme nausea and hiccups

BadassMoFo

Greenlighter
I have been an opiate user for a very long time now and recently I have experienced a problem that I didn't have before. The stuff I have recently obtained has created a great deal of nausea and hiccups. Now I have experienced these side effects before but in the last few days they have been HORRIBLE. I have been puking my guts out for hours after I use and what is strange is that I don't feel sick right away, it starts like an hour after I use and then I am sick for hours, puking my guts out. I am puking so bad, I am getting concerned about becoming dehydrated because I can't keep anything down. This is not being caused by another illness because it goes away after several hours or when the drug wears off and comes right back if I use again. It is also not from withdrawal either because it starts within an hour of use and will go away before my next use.

The other problem I am having that is unusual is the hiccups. I get them so bad that I can't get rid of them and I am sure this is contributing to the nausea and puking. I know of a very effective method to get rid of them that involves swallowing as you hold your breath and it is filling my stomach with air and creates some nausea by itself.

I want to be clear that I am not new to using opiates and have not had this problem before, just recently with the latest stuff I have gotten. These symptoms are so bad that if they continue, I am going to have to quit because puking 24/7 and having to go to the hospital because I am dehydrated isn't very fun.

Has anyone ever had an experience like this before? I have heard that the nausea from opiates is caused by the histamine release but does anyone know if there could be something in the stuff that is causing it, like it had been cut with something. I have been taking antihistamines to try to prevent this with little success, does anyone know of any other ways to prevent this?

There is one other thing that is strange about this latest stuff. After the shot it takes a lot longer to feel the effects then it normally does, sometimes more then 30 seconds to a minute. It is long enough for most people to stop and think they didn't take enough or that it wasn't what it is supposed to be because they weren't feeling anything. The effect does seem right when you do fel it, it just seems to be very delayed. I don't know if this has anything to do with the other problems, but I wanted to throw this in because like the other things, it was unusual.

If you can help or better yet if you have had a similar experience or you know why someone may have an experience like this, please let us know what you think it was. Thanks

I have been an opiate user for a very long time now and recently I have experienced a problem that I didn't have before. The stuff I have recently obtained has created a great deal of nausea and hiccups. Now I have experienced these side effects before but in the last few days they have been HORRIBLE. I have been puking my guts out for hours after I use and what is strange is that I don't feel sick right away, it starts like an hour after I use and then I am sick for hours, puking my guts out. I am puking so bad, I am getting concerned about becoming dehydrated because I can't keep anything down. This is not being caused by another illness because it goes away after several hours or when the drug wears off and comes right back if I use again. It is also not from withdrawal either because it starts within an hour of use and will go away before my next use.

The other problem I am having that is unusual is the hiccups. I get them so bad that I can't get rid of them and I am sure this is contributing to the nausea and puking. I know of a very effective method to get rid of them that involves swallowing as you hold your breath and it is filling my stomach with air and creates some nausea by itself.

I want to be clear that I am not new to using opiates and have not had this problem before, just recently with the latest stuff I have gotten. These symptoms are so bad that if they continue, I am going to have to quit because puking 24/7 and having to go to the hospital because I am dehydrated isn't very fun.

Has anyone ever had an experience like this before? I have heard that the nausea from opiates is caused by the histamine release but does anyone know if there could be something in the stuff that is causing it, like it had been cut with something. I have been taking antihistamines to try to prevent this with little success, does anyone know of any other ways to prevent this?

There is one other thing that is strange about this latest stuff. After the shot it takes a lot longer to feel the effects then it normally does, sometimes more then 30 seconds to a minute. It is long enough for most people to stop and think they didn't take enough or that it wasn't what it is supposed to be because they weren't feeling anything. The effect does seem right when you do fel it, it just seems to be very delayed. I don't know if this has anything to do with the other problems, but I wanted to throw this in because like the other things, it was unusual.

If you can help or better yet if you have had a similar experience or you know why someone may have an experience like this, please let us know what you think it was. Thanks
I just picked up a sack that I didn't feel immediately when IVed, it took about 5 minutes to fully start hitting and it's given me light nausea since I dosed and I've puked a few times but it wasn't bad at all, and I have hiccups that just won't go away. Anyone?

I always had hiccups when I started opiates/opioids. Especially when dosing high.. They suddenly stopped though more or less, due to tolerance I think.

I always had hiccups when I started opiates/opioids. Especially when dosing high.. They suddenly stopped though more or less, due to tolerance I think.

Benzodiazepines give me chronic hiccups. I don't take it much but I take a 50mg Chlorpromazine to help. Sometimes I even need a second pill to make it totally go away.

I get something similar and I haven't totally figured out what is causing my puking but my Opanas are part of the reason. However, whenever I would snort them, almost to the minute, exactly 5 minutes later I start belching, and getting the hiccups (more belching) and boom, I throw up what is usually just bile and shit, very little food. It doesn't happen every time but.sometimes I am dehydrated, so maybe that's my problem. As for you, it's either something it's cut with or its something similar.to what's happening to.me. Good luck!

People usually puke in withdrawal; I was an oddity. I never puked in withdrawal, but only immediately after using. Every single time. Hell, sometimes I would puke just upon SEEING the dope. Hiccups sometimes, from dope and benzos too.

I second the Chlorpromazine notion.

Damn! Just got off work and was due for my Opana. Once again the stomach started flipping about and boom, SOB if I didn't dispose of some of my dinner right then and there. That was one terrific dinner too (I hated to see it go)...Damn again! So, I've given this some more thought and I think it's a bit of both (the meds on the system and some withdrawal effects).

I'm supposed to take a dose every 12 hours and I feel like the meds are almost fully out of my system by hour 10, or so, IMHO. So, I kind of believe the meds are just a shock to the system. So, tbe only correction (as far as the body is concerned) is to send the stomach on a roller coaster ride, hence the stomach emptying.

OP, is it possible what's happening to you is something similar to what happens to me?

Damn! Just got off work and was due for my Opana. Once again the stomach started flipping about and boom, SOB if I didn't dispose of some of my dinner right then and there. That was one terrific dinner too (I hated to see it go)...Damn again! So, I've given this some more thought and I think it's a bit of both (the meds on the system and some withdrawal effects).

I'm supposed to take a dose every 12 hours and I feel like the meds are almost fully out of my system by hour 10, or so, IMHO. So, I kind of believe the meds are just a shock to the system. So, tbe only correction (as far as the body is concerned) is to send the stomach on a roller coaster ride, hence the stomach emptying.

OP, is it possible what's happening to you is something similar to what happens to me?

But at least you'll be thin :D
Twice the taste, none of the calories.

But at least you'll be thin :D
Twice the taste, none of the calories.

Yikes! Actually it's not the reason for the weight loss, that's due to the back breaking, ball busting physical ass job I have. BTW, can you tell how much I love my job, Ha Ha Ha Ha!!

You know, the sad part is that it almost doesn't phase me anymore.

Hey LoneWolf,

It's impossible for us to identify what was in your bag and any suggestions are just speculation. Even if someone else had hiccups after using opioids it still might have nothing to do with what's in your bag and more likely to be from a broad class of opioids, if anything at all.

Just saying I don't think endless speculation isn't going to help you and this should probably be closed.

Hi OP! Do you have any fentanyl test strips? They can be purchased online for relatively cheap. I ask because I had something similar happen and it was one of the 1st times I had a bag test positive for fentanyl. Being a stronger opiate perhaps that's what's causing these side effects. Of course as Captain Obvious stated we don't know exactly what's in your bag, however since I had a similar experience and was able to identify a possible culprit, I think the "endless speculation" might be of use to you, or at the very least, a possibility to be aware of. Even if it doesn't solve your problem per say, from a harm-reduction point of view I would at least caution you to be careful.

P.S. I would stay away from anything that is going to raise your tolerance like fentanyl. I wish I had!