• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

New poster. Tramadol advice needed!!

Claireclump

Greenlighter
Hi all I am Claire x
I suffer from chronic pain and have a variety of tablets every day. Am looking for some advice regarding making the post out of all the Drugs I have. I don't know HOW I can prove I'm just a normal person looking for advice from you clever lot!!
I've been searching for months for advice and google has lead me to your forums so PLEASE help!!
I will now list what tablets I have daily!!........
40mg morphine
400mg tramadol
Amytriptaline
Lyrica
Baclofen
St. John's wort
Hay fever tablets
Kalms
Sometimes 240mg codeine phosphate.

I've done some very quick research into what reacts together but figure you guys may be able to make more sense for me!!
Thanks so much for your advice guys xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

Morphine, tramadol, and codeine agonize the opioid receptors. They are sedative.
Amytriptaline is a sedative antidepressant. SJW is an AD too. Tramadol also has AD properties.
Hay fever tablets are probably sedative antihistamines.
Baclofen and lyrica act on the GABA receptors and are sedative as well.

Are you looking for ways to potentiate these drugs? The best thing to do would be to only use them as needed, the less often you use them, the more effective they will be when you take them.

NMI ---> Other Drugs

So basically I want to be able to give up so many of these tablets but still need the pain relief. I googled what you meant about tramadol potentionating if that's real lol? I wish I could just stick with the pain relief and nothing else. Did a very stupid thing the other day and quit smoking and halved my amytriptaline and lyrica in just days. Didn't realise but I was slowly going mad. Having a real meltdown. Emergency doctor told to me to put dose of tablets back up to full and see my own doctor ASAP.
I agreed with her that I should just reduce one at a time. Dropping 25mg every week.....felt the bad feelings coming back so have had to slow it down even more! Going down by just 10mg a week.
I can't stand the tiredness, this has only been the last 3 months. When I started taking the baclofen?!??
I just want anyone to take the baby steps with me and teach me afresh how to keep myself on a chilled out,happy pain free day? I desperately want to go back to work or even just volunteering?!
Thanks for listening xx

Stop taking St. John's wart. It's useless and it makes most of your other medications less effective.

Other than that, I've no clue what you're asking. Other than AT, the others should be fine.(I wouldn't mess with the codeine for various reasons, though 200mg occasionally certainly won't kill you; it won't do much else either.

Just be careful with the tramidol..its a very sketchy drug and u can have seizures very easily.i had a friend take 200mg at night,woke up took another 250mg an hour later hes shaking like a fish on the ground.luckily he was driven to the hospital and was okay..ive had more bad experiences with tramidol than any other drug ive done and ive done pretty much everything..so BE CAREFUL

I've taken them all (also a chronic pain patient) just a few quick questions. The more honest you are, the better advice i can give.

40mg morphine - is this instant release morphine, or extended release morphine?
400mg tramadol - what dose do you take this in? 100mg every 4-6 hours? what's the most you've taken at once?
240mg codeine phosphate - I assume instant release? Why do you take codeine if you're taking morphine?
Amytriptyline - what dose of this do you currently take?
Lyrica - what dose of this do you currently take?
Baclofen - what dose of this do you currently take?

In any reasonable dose this mixture can be very sedating.

1) Is this all prescribed by your doctor?
2) Do you know what they all do individually?
3) What would you like to know in particular?

St. John's wort - what do you take this for?
Hay fever tablets - presumably for hayfever? Presumably 10mg of loratadine or cetirizine?
Kalms - what do you take this for?

I've taken them all (also a chronic pain patient) just a few quick questions. The more honest you are, the better advice i can give.

40mg morphine - is this instant release morphine, or extended release morphine?
400mg tramadol - what dose do you take this in? 100mg every 4-6 hours? what's the most you've taken at once?
240mg codeine phosphate - I assume instant release? Why do you take codeine if you're taking morphine?
Amytriptyline - what dose of this do you currently take?
Lyrica - what dose of this do you currently take?
Baclofen - what dose of this do you currently take?

In any reasonable dose this mixture can be very sedating.

1) Is this all prescribed by your doctor?
2) Do you know what they all do individually?
3) What would you like to know in particular?

St. John's wort - what do you take this for?
Hay fever tablets - presumably for hayfever? Presumably 10mg of loratadine or cetirizine?
Kalms - what do you take this for?

God damn I just typed out a very informative long reply and then accidentally clicked off it!!

Grrrrrr ????????

God damn I just typed out a very informative long reply and then accidentally clicked off it!!

Grrrrrr

Ooops! I've done that a few times. I'm always here for you if you can be bothered to type up another reply!

Can't stress enough to be careful with the tramadol. I have used it a lot for recreation and without an opiate tolerance I found it decent. But high doses should definitely be avoided. I was on just 350mg when I started shaking and passed out for a few minutes. Scared the shit out of me.

If you only take it as prescribed and your doctor knows what they're doing I can't imagine you will have any trouble though. Just good to put that out there.

Just be careful with the tramidol..its a very sketchy drug and u can have seizures very easily.i had a friend take 200mg at night,woke up took another 250mg an hour later hes shaking like a fish on the ground.luckily he was driven to the hospital and was okay..ive had more bad experiences with tramidol than any other drug ive done and ive done pretty much everything..so BE CAREFUL

Tramadol is a very safe drug in comparistion to opiates. I have epilepsy and have never had a sezuire on it (400mg) its way to weak for my pain these days, so I don't take it anymore. my wife will take 200 to 300mg for back pain and she has no problems with it at all.

Tramadol is WAY more addictive than people think, and since this thread was started it has become a controlled substance in the US. I got hooked on this shit and wanted to die. Drs were throwing it at people. I'm all for drugs if people want them, but giving people addictive codeine analogues and telling them they're safe and non addictive = pissed me off.

Oh believe me they are very very addictive x I wish to God I could just feel pain free and chilled out without taking tablets but tried it several times ??xx

DO NOT mix tramadol with amitryptaline and St. John's wort. That is a seizure and/or serotonin syndrome waiting to happen . I cannot believe your doctor would prescribe you amitryptaline and tramadol at the same time

DO NOT mix tramadol with amitryptaline and St. John's wort. That is a seizure and/or serotonin syndrome waiting to happen . I cannot believe your doctor would prescribe you amitryptaline and tramadol at the same time
I knew about this risk my friend. You would be truly shocked at what I have to take! I just want simple answers on how to take my tablets and get the most out of them!!
HELP?!?!?? xx

Hi all I am Claire x
I suffer from chronic pain and have a variety of tablets every day. Am looking for some advice regarding making the post out of all the Drugs I have. I don't know HOW I can prove I'm just a normal person looking for advice from you clever lot!!
I've been searching for months for advice and google has lead me to your forums so PLEASE help!!
40mg morphine
400mg tramadol
Amytriptaline
Lyrica
Baclofen
St. John's wort
Hay fever tablets
Kalms

I've done some very quick research into what reacts together but figure you guys may be able to make more sense for me!!

Looks like a fentanyl patch might be a healthier alternative to managing your pain.

the only advice i can give you is in regards to the tramadol and morphine. "getting the most out of something" is called potentiating, basically you put something in your body to make another drug more effective or last longer. unfortunately the latter is usually the only thing that happens. tramadol mixed with white grapefruit juice taken an hour or so before your morphine dose is a good place to start if you want to get more out of your narcotics. st johns is pointless. i would actually cut back on any amytriptaline you are taking due to your dosage of tramadol(seizure risk). taking lyrica is a good way to get sleep, but you didn't provide a dosage so i'm just going to assume 150, which can be increased to around 225 without a problem.

Crush the morphine and use it rectally. You will get so much more out of it. Im not kidding. That is a very viable route of administration. You just need to make sure they dont gell up in water.

Claire, I've noticed u have a few tramadol threads going, but as a chronic pain patient myself, thought I'd post here.

Firstly, are tramadol and I'm guessing MS Contin, ur only opioid options? Usually if a doctor chooses to prescribe a mu agonist, (morphine), for pain,they would forget tram and opt for oxycodone for breakthrough pain.

Also, u talk a lot about being off many of ur meds and having a pain free existence. If morphine and tram are all u can get prescribed, why not stick with those and taper the rest?

Ps: listen to the others on serotonin syndrome,- I had that with amytriptyline and nucynta!

Hope u find ur answers.

Rtp.

Hi all I am Claire x
40mg morphine
400mg tramadol
Amytriptaline
Lyrica
Baclofen
St. John's wort
Hay fever tablets
Kalms

I'd try to get off the tramadol. Don't take it with St John's wort and amitriptyline. That sounds like a terrible idea. Despite what they say, tramadol is probably harder to quit than the morphine.

If you must take the tramadol I'd talk to the doctor about quitting the anti-depressant. Do they know you are taking st john's wort as well? St John's wort, 5-htp, etc, are pretty strong honestly, despite what people think. I would not mix them w/tramadol--that seems like a very bad idea.

Tramadol is a pretty powerful anti-depressant on its own though. But doctors will freak at using it for those purposes and elavil is a pretty good ad from what I hear, so meh. Pick one or the other imho. It can be really, really, hard to quit. In your case you have lyrica and morphine and an anti-depressant though. So it probably won't be bad at all. Taper down really slowly. Like 25mg a week, no faster. Despite what people say, tramadol w/d is worse for a lot of people than normal opiates (unless you are taking extremely high opiate doses--you aren't).

Also, why do you take both baclofen and lyrica, is that necessary? I would think lyrica on its own would be enough.

I would try to get off either the tramadol or the anti-depressants. Pick one. Taper down really slow, talk to doctor. For tramadol more than 25mg a week and you'll get withdrawals (some may have not gotten any, but that's the exception not the norm). Normally I'd recommend benzos to get off it but you are already on so many downers that that would be a terrible idea.

For pain, the morphine (or the tramadol) should work quite well honestly. Morphine side effects get annoying though for many...I hate to say this but have you tried mixing in Aleve or Ibprofen w/the morphine as needed? I know, I know, silly OTC meds. I find aleve knocks out some pain better than opiates. And imho aleve+an opiate is far better for back pain than either alone. Downside is: hard on your stomach--so talk to doc first if using it a lot. I don't think there's any harm in taking it a couple times a week as needed though. I know it's a silly suggestion but many don't give good old naproxen a shot. It works. Especially combined w/an opiate. IMHO the diff between it and an opiate alone is huge. On the other hand, I never had any luck w/tylenol doing a damn thing--maybe others have.

Also, hay fever tablets: if it's like benadryl or something you are talking about--just know that while they aren't addictive, they most certainly DO eventually cause tolerance. Yeah, I know, no one thinks they do. But they do. Eventually they will stop working (on the plus side, it doesn't take long before they don't really make you drowsy anymore, I suppose).