• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

new national anthem - "techno" version

Regardless of the issue of whether the National Anthem should be changed (considering there is a large percentage of Australians who don't know anything beyond the first verse of it anyway 8) ), that track is just utter crap.

I give it a bugger-all out of many on a scale of shite to quite good. :p

What a wank. See even with both verses, the real anthem doesn't go on for so long, thus I am more inclined to ride it out.

I will not sing along to that piece of tripe.

Although I'll probably be too plurred up to realise I am giving everybody lightshows. I just hope I don't remember it.

The singer is one of the former Nissan 'Cedrics' from Roy and HG....

Also note the lyric change....sat and he watched and waited by the billabong.... its meant to be billy boiled....but now he's just waiting at the billabong....why???? Is he looking to hook up??

Ouch... There are times I can picture the kiddies at NYE having a boogie with their parents to this by the harbour.... But then it just gets so bad it's emabarrassing to even expose on'es ears to.
I also thought the lyrics were changed in Waltzing Matilda... Fools....

I can't believe someone paid $2000 to have that produced in a studio.

BigTrancer :)

The lord mayor better be distributing complementary disco biscuits if she wants this to go down well. Actually this might explain all the ecstasy busts of late...

=D=D=D

The waltzing matilda breakdown, oh dear god. The humanity.

I'd take a papercut to the eyeball in preferance to hearing that again.

The techno version is horrible, I'll admit, but I expect thats because the original seems to have been written under the direction of former FBI director Hoover during the brief American Secret Services flirtation with audio based torture methods.

josh_nexus said:
The techno version is horrible, I'll admit, but I expect thats because the original seems to have been written under the direction of former FBI director Hoover during the brief American Secret Services flirtation with audio based torture methods.

Actually dude - why not listen to it whilst mashed - i mean it's just the same as all other electronic music.. i mean it's yadda yadda yadda with that boom boom boom.. like you can tell the difference.. ;)

I don't want to be a trader to my generation and all. But I seriously think that a techno version of our national anthem sounds crazy. The rest of the world would think that we were all nutters if we had a techno version of the national anthem.

Originally posted by codez_raver
I don't want to be a trader to my generation and all. But I seriously think that a techno version of our national anthem sounds crazy. The rest of the world would think that we were all nutters if we had a techno version of the national anthem.

Dude, they're not gonna play it at the olympics...

[and does 'trader' = 'traitor'?]

KemicalBurn said:
Originally posted by codez_raver

Dude, they're not gonna play it at the olympics...

[and does 'trader' = 'traitor'?]

That to. But the fact that it's 'techno anthem' it just stupid. We'd sound like dickheads.

if it came down to it, I'd prefer our country be responsibile for a techno anthem rather than to be responsible for bombing the hell out of innocent people.

but the song still sucks :p