• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

New method I discovered for smoking concentrates

psychlo0015

Bluelighter
So I’ve been recovering from being super stressed out for a long period of time and decided to start taking cbd cbg and thc. I can’t stand the process of taking a dab its way too much work and its too difficult to get the temp right each time not to mention the amount. Ive been experimenting with cbg weed ground up with sativa extract. Smoking only a small amount works great for my anxiety but too much makes my panic a bit. So lets get to the new method… I decided i was sick of the smoke so a just smeared some extract on the ashes. I liked that more it was cleaner on the lungs and potent. It was working well until the ashes burned up. Then I noticed the extract wasn’t making my smoke. After many attempts I decided the extract is going through the screen and dripping down the stem. I got to thinking… Theres no way I’m using a torch and a dab rig all of the time… Then I remembered my hash pipe idea. I just took all of my metal screens (4x steel silver looking) and made a cone and dropped them in the bowl. I smeared a small amount and applied the flame. The amount of smoke produced was the same as if using a torch and dab rig. The smoke produced was clean but it does make me cough if I inhale too much.

Had I known about this sooner I could have been saving my lungs from nasty hemp smoke. Going forward in life this is the only way I plan to smoke.

I dub this method the crack method as this is the way crack pipes work (learned when I was fantasizing about being able to sneek hash tokes covertly)

So I decided to follow through with my sneek a toke idea and did some testing. The metal screens I purchased put off a nasty plastic smoke when hit dry. I puffed on it till the smoke stopped and washed it with hot water. I proceeded to “season” the screens and bowl. The first few had hits get sucked into the screens and side wall of the pipe. Once the screens are saturated the extract you put in starts to fully vaporize. So keep that in mind you have to season the bowl before it will work optimal.

z5JRjHM.jpg
v178tXA.jpg

I approve your chillum approach - did you use the cut and twisted screen approach or just folded and scrunched it in?
@psychlo0015

already tried an oil pipe but what seemed to happen was the thc was being converted to cbn before it would fully vaporize because every time I tried that I got super sleepy. So I threw out the oil pipe as it wouldnt work. 4-5 years later and im doing this.

The screens were molded into cones over the tip of a wooden stick that would then push then down to the bottom of the bowl. @pupnik

I made this exact pipe about 6 years ago when I went on a trip and didn't charge my wax pen. I stopped at a head shop and picked up the exact two items you have listed. It worked for the week that I was gone but I immediately threw it away when I got home. Yes, I had a dab rig at home that I used but that's besides the point.

Have you ever used a wax pen?

yeah man i used to use a yokan magneto but i started having panic attacks.

this thing is working great i much prefer this over the wax pen. this thing is like... where you been my whole life?

Dave Chappelle Omg GIF

It's cool after I load it a few times I can hit it again and again the saturated extract just keeps getting vaporized I guess. The feeling from these hits is a little more mellow than from when I put in fresh extract.

To smoke out of a dab rig, you first add water to the chamber and then place the concentrate into the holder. Heat the nail with a mini torch lighter until it's red hot and wait 45 seconds before you touch the nail to concentrate. Once the heated nail touches the concentrate, inhale through the dab rig mouthpiece.

@psychlo0015 It’s vaporisation though. how come you don’t grab a CBD forward pen/cartridge?

Tom
coulda swore I replied to this... It's mainly for convenience. I just grab pipe smear in a dab and rip it. it's much the same as hitting a flower pipe but without all the smoke. Im sure some smoke is produced but hardly any. I did notice that about once a week I need to do a burn off of the carbon in the screens I just puff till the smoke is a lot less then its ready to go. Not sure how efficient this is and I don't recommend it for heavy dabbers as you cant take 1 gram dabs i typically put like 5-10mg in at a time and it works fantastic. LOTS of reclaim which I promptly through away. It's just quick and reliable especially on the go.

Are you just simply pulling a flame from a standard lighter thru the concentrate coated screens? Nothing fancy? This could solve my dilemma concerning wether to buy a pen/rig. Any ideas on the effectiveness of using delta 8 oil with this method?

Are you just simply pulling a flame from a standard lighter thru the concentrate coated screens? Nothing fancy? This could solve my dilemma concerning wether to buy a pen/rig. Any ideas on the effectiveness of using delta 8 oil with this method?

sorry for the late reply! yeah man but i just upgraded my screens and stainless steel seems to be far superior compared to what I was using. Make sure you're using stainless steel if you try this and yes it's working really well even in a "water pipe"

Edit: I noticed that since i switched to these stainless steel screens my cough has lessened.

Thanks man, appreciate the reply regardless of how long it took. I see a 28 gm jar of bulk distillate in my near future.

OP have you tried a nectar collector?

could be just what you're looking for - easily controlled amount vaped within 30 seconds of having the idea - almost too handy!

i actually recently found out a new method for vaping cbd isolate
When it gets warm it goes to liquid and can and will drip into your vapes heating element and cause chaos, however
The mighty has small dosing capsules , so what i do is i cover one in a cut off from a brown raw rizla rolling paper, then it acts like greaseproof paper and does not leak it. I then put my desired amount of CBD isolate into that then put a small piece of herb of my choice CBD, THC or none even , set it to 200c then wait for it to heat up then drop it in and almost immediately start inhaling through the vape and even with the CBD isolate alone i produce some noticeable clouds and it relaxes me well

The reason for preheating is because i watched it with the lid off the capsule within 1 second it starts to melt therefore is no longer a powder that can be inhaled up through the mouthpiece

its easier than a dab pen and more reliable imo... Cheap as dirt too.
I like this idea. I've been thinking about getting into shatter and/or live resin but don't feel like buying gear I know nothing about, that costs serious coin for anything decent from what I've been hearing, needs to be maintained and then of course the figuring out which setting is the optimum for me and/or the unit.

Kind'a reminds me a bit of my homemade water bong made from a mayonnaise jar, two Bic pen tubes, a wee bit of duct tape and few dabs of silicone I made as a young lad.

Ok guys it has been months of using screens and I just got a banger today to compare the difference. The high from the banger was just so clean and pure with thc while the screens create more cbn or something making me think it's the more potent method. This is for sure the banger is super clean with literally no body high while the screens produce more of a body high. My guess it the concentrate I have is sativa and low in anything but thc probably some trim run. I think the screens are breaking down some of the thc and converting it to what ever it is that is creating the body high making me think it's more potent when in reality I'm thinking clearer because of less thc.

This is similar to what I did in the past. I had a chillum that I stuffed some twisted and wound up kanthal wire for a rebuildable vape.

This basically makes a crack pipe which works amazingly well for concentrates and also DMT! Just be careful, DMT red is horrifyingly disgusting so don't get it in your mouth