• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

New member here - little about me, come say hi!

ChivaKing86

Greenlighter
What’s up everyone!

First post here! Little background on me, from San Diego born and raised, moved to Colorado 3 years ago for a job at a software company doing project mgmt. Just before that I received a bachelors in Environmental mgmt from Humboldt State University.

I’ve been using various drugs for almost 20 years, like most people, I started with weed and alcohol, and eventually made it to harder, more debilitating drugs like IV meth and heroin. I was sober for 8 months recently and relapsed 2 weeks ago while still in sober living. Eight months ago I went to inpatient rehab in Boulder, Colorado after doing a gram of heroin every single day for almost 2 years, with little to no veins left. About a week ago me and another buddy in sober living decided it’d be a good idea to get some H and use right after our UAs. My buddy got caught and had to go back to inpatient, while I slipped by and am still using 1-2x per week after my UAs. So needless to say, maintaining sobriety is insanely tough for me, especially with IV heroin. I gotta find alternatives, but to no avail.

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Maybe we can make this thread about what you do to maintain sobriety and actually enjoy it - to avoid being a dry addict/drunk. After a few months of sobriety I’ll start thinking about the fact that there isn’t any permanent damage and very little negative consequences, forget what the high is like, begin to miss it, then start the viscous cycle all over again.

What’s it gonna take to achieve long term sobriety? I’m getting into the 12 steps and starting to work a strong AA program, I have a sponsor and go to 2-3 meetings per week. So far that’s not enough. Hopefully I’ll figure it out one day.

Anything I should do as a new member? Advice or recommendations? Thanks for taking the time to read! Cheers!

D61ABF2C-114D-4C83-AF60-129831075CD9.jpeg!

Last edited:
Hey ChivaKing, nice to see you start a thread here in New Members Introduction.

Have a great day!

What's up.

Got some down time on vacation so I'd like to ask what attracts you to Bluelight over other forums?

Recommendation/tips? Just be yourself because we all fucked up once or twice. No judgement.

Welcome to Bluelight ChivaKing86!

Fenyanyl facewash ?..... Well it made me laugh.
Anyway nice to meet you, new here myself and still working out all out but a lot of good info out there.
All the best ???