• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New city, no connects, script ran out early, need help coping through withdrawal

Not sure where to post but I’m new here and new to my area even so I don’t know where else to turn for help and advice. I just moved from Cali to Arizona, and my pain management doctor has switched me from methadone & OxyCodone, to 30mg OxyContin (2 a day) and 30mg oxycodone (5 a day). I’ve been having a heck of a time making my scripts last compared to when I had the dones and now am facing 4 days cold turkey withdrawal. My doctors a bit of a hard ass about scripts and it’s not like I can level with them about it. Anyway, I spent the last year wheaning down my methadone from 100mg a day to 10mg and even then the switch still sucked and has me eating and snorting my blue oxy like candy every 3 hours. I could use any helpful suggestions on how the hell I can calm this crippling anxiety and the restless leg and arm shit that makes it so I can’t sleep. I’d love to call up a friend and open my wallet but I don’t know anyone in my new city yet so I have no connects and don’t know anyone here but family. I’ve been through the forums and I’ve got Kratom but that seems to make me jittery and sends my shaking leg and anxiety in to over drive. (Yes I’m taking a red strain. I’ve tried Red Borneo and Red Indo, both seem to do it) OPMS liquid Kratom seems to not make me jittery but at $20 a bottle I wish I just knew someone else with oxys. Anyway I’m just desperate for advice on how to cope bc I’m at the point where I’ve considered ways to go find rando dealers somehow but that’s not so easy when you’re sick or finding someone you could trust. I’ve already eaten a few loperamide but honestly it freaks me out with my anxiety but I’m doing it anyway. (Only 16mg but that made my heart race, probably from the anxiety of what I’ve read on it.) anyway what can I do to relax the anxiety and actually sleep. Is there anything out there I can try taking? Gotta make it through 4 more days of this bullshit and it sucks.) helpful Suggestions would be appreciated bc I’m at a bad head space right now and just want it to stop.
Yo just seen your post an I'm having the exact same problem as you NO OXI'S only I'm 1000s of miles away in liverpool uk no one on the streets here have heard of them coz pharmaceuticals are rarely used here it's all smack an crack!!! If you succeed let me know 😉😉👍andy

Talk to your dr. Bro. I know it's scary bit if you're switching from one med to another and goin through hell, he should help you. I do know drs suck when it comes to opes but if you're honest and he is compassionate he should help. Try high doses of gabbipentin that helps with the legs and pretty much all the withdraw feelings. They even help quitting all together. That's all I got good luck.

Anyone know how long it’s supposed to take for OxyContin to actual kick in? I know it’s different for everyone based on factors like metabolic rate, weight, and even what you’ve had to eat, but I’d like to hear from others so I could compare because I feel like mine always takes fucking forever. Seems like it’s a damn hour long wait. (Im probably impatient bc I tend to “hypothetically” crush oxycodone and take it up the nasal cavity when I’m at home and eat them when I’m out or at work.) Ran out a day early this go round bc of how hectic things are at work right now & bc honestly I’m an addict who will take any excuse to take an extra half dose. 😒 Now I’m waiting for it to kick in before I can go get my results from my test in an hour.
P.S.
Waiting on my covid results today, been lucky so far being super vigilant around all of our patients. Wish me luck.

Talk to your dr. Bro. I know it's scary bit if you're switching from one med to another and goin through hell, he should help you. I do know drs suck when it comes to opes but if you're honest and he is compassionate he should help. Try high doses of gabbipentin that helps with the legs and pretty much all the withdraw feelings. They even help quitting all together. That's all I got good luck.
I would but I may, in theory, hypothetically, know someone that supplements their/my income bc they’re worth $30-$45 a piece in the states and I get an amount that’s so high that I have to get special approval once a year from my insurance company and a letter from my doctor. I’ve been on and off them for almost 10 years now since my early teens bc of a slipped disc / accident so I’ve “built a tolerance” as far as they’re concerned. So can’t justify needing more if I talked to them without blowing up my own tits and ass.

Yo just seen your post an I'm having the exact same problem as you NO OXI'S only I'm 1000s of miles away in liverpool uk no one on the streets here have heard of them coz pharmaceuticals are rarely used here it's all smack an crack!!! If you succeed let me know 😉😉👍andy
Hi Andy, I'm in UK too & have same issues!