• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

New cannabinoids discovered in Cannabis: tetrahydrocannabiphorol and cannabidiphorol (THCP and CBDP)

reported up to 30x stronger than D9THC, it's actually D9THCP I guess. Reading on a biochemist working on isolating the gene that produces this, supposed a product of mutation from all the crosses that has emerged, similar to how THCV I believe... not totally sure on that.

They are working on isolating the specific gene for production, although I guess there's already literature on the synthesis of D9THCP from CBD>D8THC>D9THCP. https://future4200.com/t/9-tetrahyd...n-cannabis-7x-more-potent-then-d9thc/61826/32

I wonder how it compares to THC-O acetate

Amazing. Is it possible to engineer cannabis to overproduce THCP as we did with THC?

Fun times ahead for lovers of cannabinoids!

More like captain gets more addicted lol I am sure.
How much more baked can I get in a dab....30x?
Such a strain I could probably take two hits of and be fine. Extracts at that level might be too much ??

Is it possible to engineer cannabis to overproduce THCP as we did with THC?
Yes there are people working on isolating the specific gene, if they haven't already.
How much more baked can I get in a dab....30x?
yeah totally, full cb agonist aren't really what I'm after otherwise I'd go synthetics. Might be cool in flower, then you could take a hit or two and get blasted, but I can't imagine taking a dab or a vape hit of that stuff in concentrate. THCO acetate is supposed to be quite a bit stronger than regular THC, not sure exactly by how much- I think it's less than 30x, probably more like 5x. I'm still hoping to try that one day, I've been told it's pretty simple synth.

Am I going to have to learn Italian, this is all coming out of Italy!

Yes there are people working on isolating the specific gene, if they haven't already.

yeah totally, full cb agonist aren't really what I'm after otherwise I'd go synthetics. Might be cool in flower, then you could take a hit or two and get blasted, but I can't imagine taking a dab or a vape hit of that stuff in concentrate. THCO acetate is supposed to be quite a bit stronger than regular THC, not sure exactly by how much- I think it's less than 30x, probably more like 5x. I'm still hoping to try that one day, I've been told it's pretty simple synth.

If it’s the same “easy to synthesize” THC acetate I’m thinking of then it’s actually not all that much better than regular THC. Remember reading bioassay reports that weren’t all that exciting unfortunately :(

CBD to THC/delta 8 THC synthesis is the only decent one worth trying from my memory.

-GC

It's really exciting that THCP and CBDP have been discovered as naturally occurring. It looks like they are also a bit more stable than their homologs THCA and CBDA, as the time to decarb them is significantly longer/hotter.

the fractions containing predominantly cannabidiphorolic acid (CBDPA) and tetrahydrocannabipgorolic acid (THCPA) were separately subject to heating at 120 °C for 2 h in order to obtain their corresponding neutral counterparts CBDP and Δ9-THCP as clear oils with a >95% purity.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-56785-1

As a side note, THC synthesis is currently being studied to be made extremely inexpensively.

Once they had yeast-producing CBGA, they added another enzyme to convert CBGA to THCA and a different enzyme to create a pathway to CBDA.
https://news.berkeley.edu/2019/02/27/yeast-produce-low-cost-high-quality-cannabinoids/

If it’s the same “easy to synthesize” THC acetate I’m thinking of then it’s actually not all that much better than regular THC. Remember reading bioassay reports that weren’t all that exciting unfortunately :(

CBD to THC/delta 8 THC synthesis is the only decent one worth trying from my memory.

-GC
!:1 delta8 : delta9 oil was nice pretty clear headed.

^^Ive tried home made oil back in the day which was essentially a great deal of delta 8 but unknown how much exactly. I’m assuming all producers are using the ref I’m thinking of which is essentially a 3 day isomerization of CBD to get a rough ratio of 1:1 delta 9 to delta 8, because all delta 8 products are the 50/50 mix from what I’ve seen.

But yea my experience with the homemade oil was also clearhrad yet intense.. And this was before concentrates really started becoming a thing so this oil these days may not be all that good but back then it got me high as hell.

I felt I built a tolerance to a lot quicker than regular delta 9 concentrated though... So did a lot of other people, they loved it for a few days but quickly got sick of it.

-GC

fascinating! I have only tried cbg flower and 1:1 cbd/cbg "shatter" I really loved the cbg flower. Its just insane how endlessly novel cannabis continues to prove itself.

reported up to 30x stronger than D9THC, it's actually D9THCP I guess. Reading on a biochemist working on isolating the gene that produces this, supposed a product of mutation from all the crosses that has emerged, similar to how THCV I believe... not totally sure on that.

They are working on isolating the specific gene for production, although I guess there's already literature on the synthesis of D9THCP from CBD>D8THC>D9THCP. https://future4200.com/t/9-tetrahyd...n-cannabis-7x-more-potent-then-d9thc/61826/32

I wonder how it compares to THC-O acetate
Apparently the hyped acetate analogue
isn't as good as it's made out to be.

Reflux THC in acetic anhydride for 3hrs.same as turning morphine to heroin

fascinating! I have only tried cbg flower and 1:1 cbd/cbg "shatter" I really loved the cbg flower. Its just insane how endlessly novel cannabis continues to prove itself.
Yeah every strain is a new experience and every now and then you get a super awesome surprising batch that wows you in a way you've never been wowed before.

I've heard that from a few places now. If it's as easy as you say, it'd be pretty easy to try. Are you aware of the byproducts from the reaction?

Im sure there will be lots more coming to light with legalisation and people being able to study cannabis now.