• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Neutralizing Tar with pinch of baking soda - cleaner snorting/cleaner shots save vein

blime84

Bluelighter
So after 2 weeks back on the needle, I am taking a break of at least a month. This was my longest stint, usually I try to keep it to 3-4 days to keep my tolerance down and to save my veins. 2 weeks kinda wrecked my arms, I had like 4 partial misses where the needle slipped out the vein and scarred up a few veins to where I couldnt use them anymore(only done that once before, takes months to heal). I probably could have lowered the damage a bit if I was always careful about not overcooking the tar and rotated sites more, but a few days I went nuts, one day I took like 10+ shots, dont know how I didnt OD, could have been the speedballs kept me awake

Anyhow, I started searching for harm reduction, and I also started playing with snorting the tar again. There are 2 ways I have done it in the past: the most common everyone knows, cooking it up like a very thick shot and sniffing with a straw. This burns like a mother fucker, especially the first time you do it if its been a while. Then the pain goes down. The problem with this is that you cant sniff a large amount at once, its a waste, just goes down your throat. Its best to take small amounts every 5-10 min, this will get you highest, but is also kind of a burn if your not at home. I hear some people use a nasal spray container, but I think it needs to be way too diluted this way, prefer to use less water, the thickness I like may clog it.

Since I was done taking shots(when I spent 20 min looking for a vein to hit which I was sure I could do on the first try I decided to stop for a while till I heal, which leads me to ask, will massaging scarred veins unclog them faster?) and had a few needles left, I was about to throw them away since I would just use them, when I thought of a re-purposing of them. I took a pair of pliers and cut the needle off the syringe, so its basically a cylinder with a small hole at the base(still pretty small hole where I cut it, not the whole cylinder open) and a plunger. I then dissolved a thick tar solution in a spoon and sucked it up int the syringe. I discovered this is the best tool I have ever used to snort liquid tar. It allows for insertion with no material falling out. It also allows you to squirt small amounts at a time. I found that squirting about 10 units every 5-10 min gets me about twice as high as if I snort the entire solution at once. Plus the hole is large enough to let very thick goop go through. There was still one small problem, it burns pretty bad!

2nd method which made me find this info: I would put a chunk, weighed out to .30 on a mirror and squirt a few drops of water on it(about 10-15 units from a syringe). I let the stuff dissolve as fast as is possible, stirring to help it, about 30-40 minutes, then when its a thick goop, I weighed out .15 of baking soda, and dropped it into the goop, I stirred it up real good and then put the mirror in a sunny spot for about 40 minutes. When I brought it in, I used a razor to scrape up the dried material and chop it up. At this point, it was a dark brown powder...

A strange thing happened when I snorted this powder, the first thing I noticed is that the burn was almost gone. Amazing considering how bad it is when you snort liquid. The dilution rate of baking soda is not too bad if you have good tar. I tested mine the highest scale on the MMC international purity test sold by tri-state forensics. This means that its in the range of 80-100%, probably closer to 80, as the color was not any darker than the highest rating. the dilution with soda makes it dilute by 33%, giving you a purity of about 50%, not great, not bad. I know this stuff is called cheese usually, but I have never seen people do it with soda, not sure why(some say it can drop the morphine out of the solution if you use too much soda, but if I am evaporating the solution into the powder again, should still be there.

I began to search baking soda and tar and found some interesting threads stating that the reason tar damages veins so badly is because the crude process to make it doesnt use Acetic Anhydride, but rather some other cheaper easier to obtain chemicals. This makes the manufacturing process and price in general a lot cheaper, but also results in a very acidic product which damages veins quickly. There was a suggestion that baking soda would neutralize the PH of the shot solution, thus making it nicer on your veins. It also supposedly would bind to some cuts and give you a cleaner more pure liquid that you suck up through the cotton. The thread suggests making the tar dissolve in cold water and adding the baking soda then. This is something I am pretty curious to try a shot with at some point when my arms heal a bit, but I figured why not make a snorting goop and neutralize the ph, perhaps it would be much easier on the nose like the cheese I made. I took a half gram of tar and about 100 units of water and let them sit in a spoon, stirring occasionally until the whole chunk was dissolved into a thick goop(by the way, this solution looks sooo much nastier than when you heat it, does anyone actually take shots dissolved with no heat at all? Even just slightly heating or using warm water fixes it, the cold water solution is full of particles it seems).... Once I had this in the spoon, I took the smallest pinch of baking soda possible, probably 20-40 MG and dropped it as dispersed as possible on top of the solution. Instantly it started bubbling like when you mix soda and vinegar. I stirred it up well and then I sucked it up into the nasal syringe I mentioned earlier. I took everything though, no filter, since it wasnt a shot. The mix with the pinch of baking soda was much nicer to my nose. I am amazed!

Supposedly when you filter the solution through a cotton or micron filter, your syringe is not as dark and particle free(guy must have had crap tar cuz my shots never have particles, if they did I would trip out, that sounds scary). Supposedly, the high is also more like east coast H(not as heavy, more cerebral... some people such as myself find it weaker, but some prefer it. I like both highs, but if I had to pick one, tar is better). Additionally, the person claimed he had been IV using tar for years this way and was the only one of his friends with veins still.

Few questions - Does anyone use the baking soda method to cook shots? if so, do you only do it cold, or do you use it on hot shots too? does it really change the high when taking a shot? Does it really preserve your veins, if so to what extent? Do I still have to rotate regularly? Will a vein still clog up if I take a shot in close proximity on it like 10-20 times over a few days? what ratio baking soda do you use? how effective is it at pulling the cuts out? Is there really a lot more goop left than if you dont use it? the tar I get is usually pretty residue free when I cook it up, not much left in the spoon, occasionally, I will cook a spoon up that has a lot more residue in it, which is weird cuz its from the same batch. I attribute this to either more cut in the chunk I chose than normal, or that I cooked the tar too quickly/slowly(not sure which causes it, but I usually heat it to right before it bubbles then stir the water till its all dissolved with the needle cap. The bottom of the cap is usually left black and I believe that is the remenants of what ever cut there is in the stuff, as when I rub it between my fingers it feels like wet ash almost. Definitly not tar. Perhaps this is why my spoon always looks clean after a shot.

I know I'm really late and probably not asking much but how does adding baking soda to the cooker right before drawing up the solutions affect its appearance? Does it look clearer than the usual black sludge? Has the health of you veins improved?