• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

neurontin ?

I thought this drug was a waste of time until a few nights ago when I took around 5g. It felt sort of like being drunk but also with some euphoria. I definately enjoyed myself. I couldn't stop talking and giggling all night and I felt very floaty.

GanjaBabe said:
I thought this drug was a waste of time until a few nights ago when I took around 5g. It felt sort of like being drunk but also with some euphoria. I definately enjoyed myself. I couldn't stop talking and giggling all night and I felt very floaty.
That's a very good description. That's exactly how I feel on Neurontin.=D

IVX44440.jpg
-Those are the ones I take. 4 a day.

I did it again today but a little lower dose I think around 3g. I just felt the same floating sensation. and I was very horny. haha

i didnt feel like making a new thread as this one isnt this old i used the search engine but i was wondering if you can get a tolerance on these buggers and something else cant remember atm bc of massive dose of benzos i took. also wondering if it takes a while for these to kick in like mine do.

Last edited:
tomeyto said:
for those who enjoy gabapentin: expect gaining weight..

ONe of the main reasons I got off it other than it didn't help my nerve pain at all is that I gained 18 pounds in two months. It's insane how hungry you stay all the time on it. And now that I'm weaned off it I am losing those pounds thankfully.

1200mg+ seems to give me a kind of easy drunk feeling and kind of a floaty nitros high. When taken the following day or shortly after you do not need as much as the first few doses. Or at least that is how it works for me.
Many SWIM's who have bad nerve pain think this stuff is the greatest pills ever taken for their pain, without any side effects or high feeling.

well do you grow a tolerance to it? it just seems more i take the longer iy lasts
one advantage of working at a hospital is i could read the whole article not just the abstract as it was my job to write the articles on the studies we did

taylor_105 said:
ONe of the main reasons I got off it other than it didn't help my nerve pain at all is that I gained 18 pounds in two months. It's insane how hungry you stay all the time on it. And now that I'm weaned off it I am losing those pounds thankfully.

Really? That's so weird because I usually have noo appetite when I take it

I've read through this thread but I found many conflicting reports. What I'm wondering is how much gabapentin to take for a good recreational high? I do not use GABA substances very much so I probably will not need a ludicrousa dose (I get the feeling that the people here who say that it has no effects use a lot of GABA substances and have a large tolerance to them). I'm getting 2000mg total. Do you think 600-700mg would produce a good high, or should I go for 800-1000mg? I'd like to get 3 uses out of it but I'd rather get 2 good uses than 3 marginal uses.

Ham-milton said:
At moderate doses it's as if I'm on speed. I chat non-stop, end up super, incredibly euphoric and relaxed at the same time- but compelled to yap the entire time.

What is a moderate dose for you, if you don't mind me asking?

I've used Lyrica before at 450mg and I absolutely loved it, if that helps with advice.

And also, how long does it take to come up? Is oral the best way to take it? What about rectal? I was reading earlier in this page that spacing out the doses will increase bioavailability... I would imagine then that it can only be absorbed a certain amount at a time. And is it correct that it should be taken with some food? Also someone said that naproxen increases bioavailability. Seems odd, but does anyone know if it's true?

And I might as well ask this here too, since the substances are related: Can lyrica be taken rectally to lower the dose?

Thanks! Sorry for the many questions all at once.

Last edited:
Xorkoth said:
I've read through this thread but I found many conflicting reports. What I'm wondering is how much gabapentin to take for a good recreational high? I do not use GABA substances very much so I probably will not need a ludicrousa dose (I get the feeling that the people here who say that it has no effects use a lot of GABA substances and have a large tolerance to them). I'm getting 2000mg total. Do you think 600-700mg would produce a good high, or should I go for 800-1000mg? I'd like to get 3 uses out of it but I'd rather get 2 good uses than 3 marginal uses.

What is a moderate dose for you, if you don't mind me asking?

I've used Lyrica before at 450mg and I absolutely loved it, if that helps with advice.

And also, how long does it take to come up? Is oral the best way to take it? What about rectal? I was reading earlier in this page that spacing out the doses will increase bioavailability... I would imagine then that it can only be absorbed a certain amount at a time. And is it correct that it should be taken with some food? Also someone said that naproxen increases bioavailability. Seems odd, but does anyone know if it's true?

And I might as well ask this here too, since the substances are related: Can lyrica be taken rectally to lower the dose?

Thanks! Sorry for the many questions all at once.

Honestly take all 2 grams of the gabapentin. Empty stomach, with cola.

Taking more than 3-4 grams starts to lower the BA. A moderate dose for me (not to get fucked up just moderate in general... I use it correctly as well as incorrectly) 1,800mg. To get recreational I generally eat between 3-4 grams. I don't really get the chance to do it too often because once you get "high" on it
once, its hard to get that feeling again for a while. Pregabalin (Lyrica) on the other hand every time gets me good... eventually it didn't because I went through 180 in a couple days.

Lyrica and Neurontin actually go well together. And I do not know about rectal administration for lyrica, I imagine it would work. I tried snorting it too a few times, not sure if it worked or not because I ate some too. I'm taking it is water soluble though right?

Edit: and if you liked 450mg lyrica (I started first time at 600 it was great), you may or may not really feel the neurontin at 2 grams but I would take it all anyways. I believe (I'm too lazy to check right now) Lyrica is roughly 10 times as potent as neurontin so doing the math thats around 4,500mg Neurontin. I mean I have taken over the 4-5 gram dose where the BA starts to lower itself, I'm sure everyone is a little bit different. So if you can get your hands on more try taking 4 grams maybe...

Don't take it too much or you WILL get exlplosive shits. Thats what happened after I tried eating 10 grams... besides the fact I felt full as hell... damn horse pills they're fucking huuuuge. Just wanted to throw that in there.

Last edited:
benzoheadplus44 said:
Honestly take all 2 grams of the gabapentin. Empty stomach, with cola.

Taking more than 3-4 grams starts to lower the BA. A moderate dose for me (not to get fucked up just moderate in general... I use it correctly as well as incorrectly) 1,800mg. To get recreational I generally eat between 3-4 grams. I don't really get the chance to do it too often because once you get "high" on it
once, its hard to get that feeling again for a while. Pregabalin (Lyrica) on the other hand every time gets me good... eventually it didn't because I went through 180 in a couple days.

Lyrica and Neurontin actually go well together. And I do not know about rectal administration for lyrica, I imagine it would work. I tried snorting it too a few times, not sure if it worked or not because I ate some too. I'm taking it is water soluble though right?

Edit: and if you liked 450mg lyrica (I started first time at 600 it was great), you may or may not really feel the neurontin at 2 grams but I would take it all anyways. I believe (I'm too lazy to check right now) Lyrica is roughly 10 times as potent as neurontin so doing the math thats around 4,500mg Neurontin. I mean I have taken over the 4-5 gram dose where the BA starts to lower itself, I'm sure everyone is a little bit different. So if you can get your hands on more try taking 4 grams maybe...

Don't take it too much or you WILL get exlplosive shits. Thats what happened after I tried eating 10 grams... besides the fact I felt full as hell... damn horse pills they're fucking huuuuge. Just wanted to throw that in there.
Actually, I would take the Neurontin with food. It only increases bioavailability about 14%, but every little bit helps. Spreading out the dose instead of taking all at once will also improve bioavailability. Here's the quote from the PI sheet:
"As dose is increased, bioavailability decreases. Bioavailability of gabapentin is approximately 60%, 47%, 34%, 33%, and 27% following 900, 1200, 2400, 3600, and 4800 mg/day given in 3 divided doses, respectively."
Lastly, don't take any antacids containing aluminum, since bioavailability will be reduced.

Last edited:
I developed a tolerance to 3.6g x 3 a day at a stage. So tolerance is very real. My tolerance is probably quite low now considering I can get quite high off 450mg Lyrica.

Anyone know if combining a reversible MAOI (Syrian Rue) with gabapentin or pregabalin will have any bad side effects? Theoretical or first hand would be great! I searched my ass off an found one source that had someone taking that new, less dangerous MAOI with Lyrica and they said it had no interactions. Would love it if someone knowledgeable could tell me if it has any known or theoretically dangerous interaction.

Yes, I know that it's risky to mix *any* med with an MAOI but I'm pretty determined to try some ayahuasca which I will abort if anyone can even give me a proper theoretical reason why mixing Lyrica and an MAOI shouldn't be done. Something like: it will make your balls fall off because of the Sodium Calcium deregulation interaction on the 2nd delta sigma reuptake inhibitor uptaker thingy would do it.

mitragyna said:
Actually, I would take the Neurontin with food. It only increases bioavailability about 14%, but every little bit helps. Spreading out the dose instead of taking all at once will also improve bioavailability. Here's the quote from the PI sheet:

Lastly, don't take any antacids containing aluminum, since bioavailability will be reduced.

I totally forgot about the antacids thing... that is very true... and the full stomach thing is true too, it just takes much longer to hit you. I could see it going both ways though the extra 14% is quite a bit.

I never spaced it out though, not saying you can't I never did. reminds me kinda how you would take tramadol... spacing it [tramadol] out increases BA.

Oh and Hexxx I am not sure on if MAOI's are not safe to take with neurontin or not. Like how opiates are supposedly okay, (So I remember reading on bl somewhere) I wonder if drugs like lyrica/neurontin or even benzos would be okay to take with MAOI's. Someone please inform me.

I have always thought that benzos and MAOIs were contraindicated but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the tips, guys. It didn't arrive today anyway so I can study up before tomorrow. I was thinking about taking 1000mg in 3 doses (I am getting 100mg pills apparently), split apart by a half hour each, with food and naproxen. Would this be effective? The only thing is I'd hate to wish I had taken more, but I have read a number of reports where 800-1000mg was plenty for a nice high, without tolerance. I had a really great experience with Lyrica once at a relatively low dose, so I feel like it could be enough if I do everything possible to increase BA.

How long does it usually take to affect you when taken orally? And how long does it last? And will kratom be a good thing to mix it with at some point?

Thanks Xorkoth. I think every official medication pamphlet I've ever read contains contraindications to MAOI. Even paracetamol and antibiotics. Lots of them contraindicate tricyclic antidepressants as well although I've mixed Elavil with a lot of stuff.

I think I'm gonna try 0.5g of Syrian Rue, without M. Hostilis, and a decent dose of Lyrica (300mg) and monitor my vitals, esp blood pressure. Any bad effects and I will attempt an extraction from the M. Hostilis bark instead of trying oral DMT. It's difficult to get some of the solvents otherwise that's what I would be doing in the first place. I don't like taking dangerous medication and tripping on top of it, especially something I've never done with a lot of other meds, it could make me freak out and imagine shit.

I've got lots of different anti-hypertensives so I can at least treat spikes in blood pressure and if I go into hypertensive crisis I'll get an ambulance over.

Xorkoth said:
I have always thought that benzos and MAOIs were contraindicated but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the tips, guys. It didn't arrive today anyway so I can study up before tomorrow. I was thinking about taking 1000mg in 3 doses (I am getting 100mg pills apparently), split apart by a half hour each, with food and naproxen. Would this be effective? The only thing is I'd hate to wish I had taken more, but I have read a number of reports where 800-1000mg was plenty for a nice high, without tolerance. I had a really great experience with Lyrica once at a relatively low dose, so I feel like it could be enough if I do everything possible to increase BA.

How long does it usually take to affect you when taken orally? And how long does it last? And will kratom be a good thing to mix it with at some point?

Yep, for my first time I took 1200 mg of neurontin, although personally I'd probably take the 1000 mg in 1 or 2 doses.

Expect for it to take up to 2 hours to feel anything. This seemed to decrease for me as I used it more, but I remember that it took 2 hours the first few times.

As far as the duration, it usually would last around 6 hours or so for me, I think other people would say different though.

Kratom would probably be fine if you don't overdo it. I found opiates to be really synergistic with neurontin, but I did sometimes get bizarre effects like hallucinations (hence why I stopped mixing them). This was at very high doses of both, though.

CNS depression could be a problem if you combine huge amounts of kratom and neurontin, so keep that in mind too.

It does take very long for Neurontin or Lyrica to kick in. Always 1.5-2 hours minimum. I think Lyrica is a little longer though.

^Agreed. Lyrica seemed to take forever to kick in.

Some of the reports I read on Erowid talked about drinking soda when taking the pills to speed up the absorption, but I never noticed much of a difference.

In retrospect, I feel like tolerance to Neurontin's recreational effects went up really quickly. Within a couple weeks of daily use I had to take about 3000 mg for the effects to manifest, and after another week or so I wouldn't feel much from that dosage. After about a month or two of not taking any, 1000 mg did the job again.

Awesome, thanks for all the info everyone :)

My package is coming today... any minute now really. I'm pretty excited... I haven't had a chance to experiment with anything new in a long time, and if it's anything like Lyrica, even if it's only half as good, I'm in for a nice day :)

One more thing... if I take my dose and later on (hours later) I wish I had more, will taking more be effective or does too much tolerance develop short-term?