• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Neurological Deficit from Mephedrone?

Sabre120

Greenlighter
So about 2 1/2 months ago on a Friday night I took roughly 250mg of mephedrone (My first time taking the drug) over a 3 hour period, after drinking alcohol the rest of the night (Maybe 4-5 pints). I woke up the next morning feeling exceptionally lethargic and under the weather, however one thing I noticed in particular was how sensitive my left arm was. At first I thought I must have strained it at some point during the night and so ignored it for the next couple of days. It was then that I was walking down to university on the Monday morning, when I felt pain around my shoulder, arm and chest, followed by extreme anxiety. I later went to the doctor who stated that I had had a panic attack. He sorted me out a blood test which didn't show abnormalities (I didn't tell him about the drug usage) and so thats where it was left. Despite this I still had an unusual feeling in my arm.

Fast forward 2 months and I got home from uni and went to my other doctor and told the truth about the mephedrone use. He performed some basic reaction examinations and blood pressure tests and couldn't find any issues and didn't seem particularly concerned, chalking the problem down to anxiety. Whilst my arm seems to have improved significantly, it still doesn't feel right. It feels more sensitive than my right arm, but doesn't appear to have lost any strength, although it feels heavier when I'm walking. I have noticed that it does get considerably worse when I feel exceptionally anxious, to the point of aching, so I believe that anxiety is playing a significant role, but I'm not convinced it's the only problem. I am concerned that I may have done some neurological damage or something, I'm just wondering if any BLers have had similar experiences with mephedrone?

I have a similar "problem". I am sure in my case it originates from the left upper back/scapula which cramps (could be an after effect of stimulant use) and irritates nerve tissue, resulting in an aching elbow, wrist, shoulder and sometimes tight left chest. I know the feeling because I had a fractured spine for a while with similar symptoms. The best cure is motion/exercise and sitting as seldom as possible. So avoid going to classes ;)

Thanks for the reply! I have noticed that it seems to improve when I'm doing things, whether that's due to the exercise itself, or whether the exercise is distracting me from my arm I'm not sure.

This may seem very late in a response, but I had this same issue, it was due to VASOCONSTRICTION. This is occurring with you.