Neu!

clubcard

Bluelighter
Anyone else believe that while the stupid US & UK hippies were making self-indulgent crap, The Germans were making really timeless music? Neu! Now THAT is a band.

I listened to the German bands back then, but I have to say that most of my friends did not appreciate them, so I think we are both in the minority.

I preferred Faust to Neu but whatever, I try to enjoy my choice of music and try not to measure it up against other's preference like it matters :cool:

Of today I absolutely love the electronic scene of the Netherlands. But there's something about the older German music too, it just doesn't fit my current taste so much.

Germany meets the Netherlands :LOL: There was a better version but don't find it anymore.

Neue Deutsche Welle :D
As a German I have the right to say: That stuff makes me cringe.
The bad English, the horrible lyrics, the synthie-heavie sound, beurk!

As a Germanic spirit, Hans-Joachim Rödelius is a genius. Cluster is genius.

I was listening to some of their earliest works and then somehow this came into play. I was experiencing DMT. To this day I think contained within the music is the best inexplicable DMT expression.

You think we're cool cuz we brought the world to its knees, but we're not.
We wear long socks in summer. We wear socks with sandals.
Ve vill speak to you in ferry horrible Englisch.
We read our children beautiful stories like Struwwelpeter, or actual Grimm tales, in order to start PTSD as early as possible.
We suck. The sooner you accept that, the better.
And our music is horrible, well xept maybe Rammstein.