• NMI Moderators: D's | madness00 | PtahTek
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

⫸STICKY⫷ Need YOUR help!! Update the "Welcome Wagon" message new members are sent!

Trevylianos

Bluelighter
I'll stay up late tonight greeting like a nocturnal greeter of exuberant ways...call me a friendly vampire with a glitched brain grinding to rewire this tweaked organ until I see normal through the lens of thinking.

BANANA BRAIN?

Twinnie

Greenlighter
When a new member registers, they get a system driven private message (PM) that welcomes them to the site and provides a lot of useful information. I'll post the full body below, but we're asking for new members and old to give us some feedback on making the message more useful.

We are looking to do some site restructuring, possibly moving or merging some forums, so those will obviously get reflected in any new message. However, can you look at this and give your opinion on:

Does the NSFW section of additional forums become too much information? Or is it good to give a whole site overview in the initial welcome package?

Is any of it misleading or poorly worded, or simply in need of removal as being pointless or useless?

Is there anything you thought of that new members should be made aware of upon

= = = = =

Twinnie

Greenlighter
When a new member registers, they get a system driven private message (PM) that welcomes them to the site and provides a lot of useful information. I'll post the full body below, but we're asking for new members and old to give us some feedback on making the message more useful.

We are looking to do some site restructuring, possibly moving or merging some forums, so those will obviously get reflected in any new message. However, can you look at this and give your opinion on:

Does the NSFW section of additional forums become too much information? Or is it good to give a whole site overview in the initial welcome package?

Is any of it misleading or poorly worded, or simply in need of removal as being pointless or useless?

Is there anything you thought of that new members should be made aware of upon their arrival?

Any and all feedback is wanted and encouraged - YOUR experience helps make the next person's arrival that much better. Thank you for helping.

= = = = =
I did try to find this, so please excuse me if one already exists, but is there a link to a list of acronyms and their definitions?

(also, since you asked for all feedback the word below is shown as bellow at the bottom of the rules)

TheLoveBandit

Co-Owner
I did try to find this, so please excuse me if one already exists, but is there a link to a list of acronyms and their definitions?
Great question, the answer is kinda sorta. There was one long ago, which I'll see if I can find a link to shortly. However, it is likely outdated an in need of a refresh, so we'll do that at the same time.

(also, since you asked for all feedback the word below is shown as bellow at the bottom of the rules)
I'd like to blame someone for the typo, but the guilty party is me. So, yeah, thanks! (fixed).

TheLoveBandit

Co-Owner
I didn’t get a msg. Where is it??
Welcome, and thanks for the heads up. In looking at the system, these messages appear to have been switched off somehow, but we'll get that fixed in short order. Thank you VERY MUCH as we wouldn't have known otherwise.

Cool username and avatar, btw.