• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Need to see doctor, PST in blood test maybe?

inpainworried

Greenlighter
Hi,

I have had back pain for years but it is intolerably bad at the moment, I need to see a doctor but I have used poppy seed tea tonight to ease the pain, I am concerned that it may be detected in a test and could lead to problems if I go in and they find it in a test.

Does anybody know what doctors policies are if I do go in and test positive to morphine, codeine, thebain etc?

I may not even get a test but I don't want to risk the consequences.

I am in Australia BTW

Thankyou very much for any assistance.

My back condition would be obvious to a physician and they have noticed it before but I would hate to ruin the relationship I have with the doctor and I am fearful of getting flagged / labled a drug seeker as that is not my modus oparandi.

Well be prepared for a test and be prepared with an excuse if it buzzes just say your friend gave you some morphine because you couldn't find your meds if your doctor chews you out take it like a man and make it clear youve learned your lesson but expect future blood tests

Blood tests only test for what's actually specified to be tested. Usually if a doctor wants you to have a blood test, they will give you a pathology request form. And that form will say on it what's being tested.

And if morphine isn't on the list, it won't be in the results either.

So, when you get the form, check what's being tested. If there aren't any opioid tests, it won't be in the results either.

Just like what JessFR said, they need to specifically request to test for that. From my experience, if they are testing for drugs.. they will do a urine test. BUT if they do take your urine, that doesn't mean they're going to drug test you. Your urine can tell them several things (apart from drugs).

Dont worry about it. You'll be fine. :)

True. I've never seen drug tests that are in a purely medical setting involve blood samples. The only time I've seen blood samples used as part of drug testing is when it's to be used as legal evidence.

But again, urine or blood, the results will only be to the specific tests ordered on the form.

years ago I was slamming large amounts of poppy pod and poppy seed tea. I had a urinalysis for a job. When I received a call from the drug testing lab asking what I had been eating I knew what time it was, so I told them a poppy seed pastry. I wound up getting the job, so my guess is that they are easily able to differentiate the levels of the poppy compounds and tell that that could have been the source and not heroin or morphine pharmaceuticals. I don't know what to tell you to do because if you are trying to obtain pain meds than this will def. complicate the matter but be prepared with this defense and they will be able to check.... Thought I would just throw that out there.

Yeah. Mention your on the new thing/rave/fad that you heard the other day.

There’s no opiates/opioids in poppy seeds, it’s all been washed out, then the seeds are heated, problem solved with alkaloid content. (Sorry, having trouble looking into your eyes as I say this......).

But you read somewhere that a tablespoon of poppy seeds a day is good for gout...? (Or *insert symptom’).

Think, it’s a herbal thing, I drink chamomile to help me sleep, that’s after 2 years on the poppy seed train. Those 12 days CT were shit. I would have preferred the gout...... the opiate/opioid addiction has gone, but, as usual these days, it got replaced. But that’s another story. Atleast I went 2 years without needing to damage my liver, with copious amounts of prescribed paracetamol (..?) that any doc would happily recommend, with a huge smile on his /her face ‘yes, yes. Paracetamol, please don’t ask about opiates. My jobs more important than the value you get from life, oh, wadda ya know, times up, maybe try some ibuprofen at the same time, they synigise magnificently......’

Ya catch my drift?

Hope it works out for you. I don’t deal with a doc if they won’t listen, and tell me, word for word, what I just googled in the waiting room.

Phone data is cheaper, and more affective than a quack who doesn’t do their job as they should, and I thought their job was to help people live a fore filling life if they have a symptom that’s holding them back from wanting to be a part of this society.

I’ve had bad tradies do shit work for me, I’ve had great tradies that please me with what needed to be done.

Same goes in every job. Some people ain’t cut out to be what they wanted to be in high school. No matter what training they’ve had. Find me a professional turd polisher and you might sway me, but I’d have to be wasted to agree with you, just to shut you up. ?
(Sorry, there’s my rant for the month, I apologise for going off topic really).

Last edited:

There’s no opiates/opioids in poppy seeds, it’s all been washed out, then the seeds are heated, problem solved with alkaloid content. (Sorry, having trouble looking into your eyes as I say this......).

Sorry but this is simply wrong. There are definitely still opioid chemicals on poppy seeds.

Yes they wash them, but it's not completely effective. Regular poppy seeds sold as food absolutely 100% introduce opioids into your systems.

Very small amounts, but it's there.