• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Need to quit suboxone fast

zagor

Bluelighter
I need to stop my 12 mg/day sub asap but safely. Although it helps my akathesia, it is giving me depression. I want off. Can amyone suggest a taper plan or point me to a link. I have been on this dose for 3 months and have been on 2-4 mg for about a year. Anyone?

Hello,

I am actually currently getting off off suboxone and have been on it for three years. I would suggest tapering down the the smallest amount possible. It may take time to go down maybe like two to three weeks. Then when you get to the smallest amount possible, make the jump. I am currently in that phase and have been using 2 tablets of 50 mg. Tramadol to help ease symptoms when they start to get a little unbearable. Although I’m not sure if this is successful since I am currently still in the phase (almost one week in) and it has its ups and downs.

I hope this helped. Keep us updated. Good luck.

i was on 10 mg and it took me a couple years to get down to 1mg. i stayed at 1mg for about a year and my detox hasn't been horrendous when i was at 4 i just dropped right down to 2 mg and stayed on that for about 6 months and then dropped down to 1mg and stayed there until jumping 4 days ago

^ Nice organized plan. I never had suboxone but was on methadone a few times, jumped off at 5 mgs and was torture for 2 months. I did have a friend who did it nice and slow like you did codyion and got down to .5 mgs and jumped and had mild withdrawal so organized tapering works. It is hard to stick too but does work.

Last edited:
i'm not sure if this is how to reply i'm new to this site. but thank you. i think the slower and steadier one goes right from the beginning, the easier it's going to be in the end.

That’s a great plan! I have recently gotten off of suboxone and realized its all about being patient with yourself. If you have been on it for awhile, jumping off fast is more painful. That’s a great plan! :$

That’s a great plan! I have recently gotten off of suboxone and realized its all about being patient with yourself. If you have been on it for awhile, jumping off fast is more painful. That’s a great plan! :$
you bet the slower i think the better. a slow and steady taper worked best for me. it might not for everyone but like you say i think rapid taper is probably more painful. rather than just allowing your body to adjust to each new dose. i ain't no doctor though so who knows!

i was on 10 mg and it took me a couple years to get down to 1mg. i stayed at 1mg for about a year and my detox hasn't been horrendous when i was at 4 i just dropped right down to 2 mg and stayed on that for about 6 months and then dropped down to 1mg and stayed there until jumping 4 days ago
Hi how has it been for you jumping off? I'm currently down to 0.4 bupe daily , are the withdrawal symptoms as bad as people say? & are you using any comfort meds to help, best of luck Eastender

Hi how has it been for you jumping off? I'm currently down to 0.4 bupe daily , are the withdrawal symptoms as bad as people say? & are you using any comfort meds to help, best of luck Eastender
hey i just replied in another thread basically answering exactly what you asked here. hahaha take the jump it gets better!