⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderator: Cream Gravy?
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Film Need some trippy/weird movie

sewerslide.666mg

Bluelighter
Hello.

I reckon I'd agree that it wasn't a masterpiece but that it is a classic. Dunno. The movie aired once on TV many years ago and I decided to buy it on DVD and keep it. But I've watched it once only since having it. It has the weirdest effect on me that movie. Something that I cannot really describe and I have no idea why. And I've never even experienced that lifestyle. Dunno. There is something about it that's just too real, too sad, and too heavy. Really cannot describe it.

P.S.

Rather watch something happy, educational, and motivational like Scarface! Lol!
I feel ya it's a sad depressing movie, I've watched it maby 50 times , I use to drink and play it wile i sleep just for the music, I'm fucked I know... scarface is sick

dalpat077

Bluelighter
The devil's advocate tripped me out.
Fuck. I watched that movie so many time that there was a time that I had Al Pacino's dialogue down word for word! Lol!

But then I'm a big Al Pacino fan (and Robert De Niro i.e. the two classics and don't know what the fuck we have to replace them when they've gone let me tell you). I think Al Pacino has acted in one or two movies that were below his standard (maybe he needed the money!).

Another movie that's never given the credit that I believe it is due is American History X with Edward Norton and Edward Furlong. Was never released for the big screen as I understand it. But that's one of my personal cult classics (and no I'm not getting into a debate about that movie because I know where that leads to i.e. it has a nasty habit of polarizing people but let's just say for the record that it's only the first half that does it for me! Lol!).

Funny thing is I'm not a movie or TV buff. But there's a lesson to be learned from all of this and, in my case, demonstrates the power of the media. One fine day in the very early '80's I just decided to hire a movie called "Less Than Zero". Didn't know the first thing about drugs or any other shit like that. The purpose of the movie was to demonstrate what happens to a group of ivy league college students when they get involved with drugs. Didn't work for me. All I saw was the parties and the good times being had by all. So as a harm reduction movie: it failed dismally in my case! Lol! From that day on I made it a mission to source and try cocaine and, well, the rest is history as they say. The fact that Julian (Robert Downey Junior) ODs at the end really didn't have the desired or proposed effect! Matter of fact: I've heard it said that it was BECAUSE of his acting in that movie that his cocaine issues started (so I don't feel too bad! Lol!).

Truth be told: it's something that has bothered me for years i.e. the power of the media and the effect that Hollywood can have on people's lives ESPECIALLY children and youngsters. Back in my day: there were things like censorship. And while I know that nowadays that's seen as an infringement of people's rights: I believe it's a necessary evil (that will probably never be seen again). Nowadays: ANYTHING goes on TV and in movies. And children simply become indifferent and desensitized to rape, murder, drugs, and violence. Fuck me. When was I ten I didn't now what my dick was for other than for pissing. Nowadays we've got seven and eight year olds being raped in schools by fellow students of the same age. It's madness. And just you try find a new hit movie that does not contain scenes of sex, drugs, and gratuitous violence. You'd be hard pressed to find one. And those fucking warnings like "not suitable for people under the age of 16 or 18" are no more than a teaser for a young adolescent (even with solid parenting).

Oh well. Done with yet another pet rant! Seems to be my day for ranting! Lol! Sorry folks. I'm just a conservative old fogey nowadays (although oddly enough have never perceived myself as being one given some of the antics I've gotten up to in my life). All I can say is that there is hope i.e. no way I'll make seventy and still be here still sitting bitching and dispensing my old fashioned advice! Lol!

Cream Gravy?

Moderator: DC, F&TV, PD
Staff member
Given the title of the thread and what the original OP was looking for I'm quite surprised that "Requiem For A Dream" was not mentioned (well maybe it was but I ain't reading through seven pages of thread to find out).

That's as "trippy" (not to mention depressive) as you're going to find I assure you.
It has been mentioned and I completely disagree with you. But to each their own.

Cream Gravy?

Moderator: DC, F&TV, PD
Staff member
requiem and the Fountain is trippy same director, and pans labyrinth is great I first seen it on shrooms I didn't understand it but thought it was fantastic 4 thay state of mind
Oh man lol I can't count the times I've watched The Shining on acid. But I've watched just about every Kubrick film on just about every psychedelic I've tried many, many times lol.