Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderator: Cream Gravy?
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Film Need some trippy/weird movie

Mrs.Nunya75

Bluelighter
I tried searching for a similar topic but didn't find any, so if there is already a topic like this please redirect me there, thank you.

So I like trippy films, thrillers, horror, drugs and you know the weird stuff. I am looking for a good movie to watch.

I already watched all Lynch's filmography (all movies + Twin Peaks "saga").
Then the classics like Inception, Fight Club, Shutter Island, Interstellar, The Prestige and so on.
I found then some "rare" movies like The Jacket, Triangle, Predestination (love this one), but I am sure there are many more to discover.

Ingredients (not necessarily all together): drugs, meds, hallucinations, psychosis, time travels, paradoxes, mind-fuckers, plot twists (this is a must).

Any suggestion? :)

Mrs.Nunya75

Bluelighter
I tried searching for a similar topic but didn't find any, so if there is already a topic like this please redirect me there, thank you.

So I like trippy films, thrillers, horror, drugs and you know the weird stuff. I am looking for a good movie to watch.

I already watched all Lynch's filmography (all movies + Twin Peaks "saga").
Then the classics like Inception, Fight Club, Shutter Island, Interstellar, The Prestige and so on.
I found then some "rare" movies like The Jacket, Triangle, Predestination (love this one), but I am sure there are many more to discover.

Ingredients (not necessarily all together): drugs, meds, hallucinations, psychosis, time travels, paradoxes, mind-fuckers, plot twists (this is a must).

Any suggestion? :)

My favorite of all time..The Forbidden Zone w/ Herve VIllachez and it’s by Danny Elfman/Oingi Boingo. It’s about the sixth dimension.
And...

The imagination of Doctor Parnassus. It’s a fantasy/comedy. I’ve never seen it but I’m told it’s right up your alley.

Shady's Fox

Bluelighter
Palm trees & sea, just walkin along the beach.
Seconding Mr Nobody. One of my fav films.

Not a film, but have you seen the tv series Fringe, or Travellers?

I saw Mr. Nobody but I didn't like it. Though I wanna watch ''Travelers'' after I saw the reviews on IMDB, I will watch it tonight.

So I have two shows I need to watch. I need to pick up season 2 of ''West World and ''Travelers''.

DamagedLemon

Bluelighter
I saw Mr. Nobody but I didn't like it. Though I wanna watch ''Travelers'' after I saw the reviews on IMDB, I will watch it tonight.

So I have two shows I need to watch. I need to pick up season 2 of ''West World and ''Travelers''.
I have a soft spot for Jared Leto, that's probably what did it for me. Travellers is brilliant, thoroughly recommended.

RV Mystery Journey

Bluelighter
Instead of talking about myself, lecturing even on tripping, I deleted it to answer with this short answer right to the point of your question. Lol why do I have to type so much all over the place?! Working on it!

Anyways did anyone see The Butterfly Effect. Has some of the ingredients you might want. I actually saw it on mushrooms and had my mind blown in the theater.

Years later reading reviews I am like wtf was so special about it?!

I cannot begin to describe it.

brickk

Bluelighter
On a sidenote, I recently saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, I'm surprised no one mentioned it (maybe too mainstream and obvious?)

I liked it, I felt like in a K-Hole the whole time.

Cream Gravy?

Moderator: DC, F&TV, PD
Staff member
On a sidenote, I recently saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, I'm surprised no one mentioned it (maybe too mainstream and obvious?)

I liked it, I felt like in a K-Hole the whole time.
The part of his dream when the people had no faces freaked me the fuck out lol. Great film but not one I really care to rewatch, hence I didn't think of it. Jim Carey can do some amazing serious acting. His slapstick comedies overshadow this but I was very impressed with him in this film. He's a great actor.

Shady's Fox

Bluelighter
Palm trees & sea, just walkin along the beach.
A scanner darkly was pretty interesting but I wouldn't call it weird. I mean, what's the difference between weird and strange? When you say ''weird'' you say out of boundaries, right. Something you find uncommon/unknown. This unknown can be showed in multiple ways, therefore having a gore movie doesn't mean it's weird, therefore having a Sci-Fi movie isn't weird, therefore adding insects and small disgusting details doesn't make it weird. This is just imagination, you think this is weird. But it's not. Depending on host this argument can go both ways.

Cream Gravy?

Moderator: DC, F&TV, PD
Staff member
^A Scanner Darkly wasn't weird, no, but trippy, yes to the max.

Just about any P.K. Dick novel translated to film fits into this thread. Even Total Recall (the original adapted screenplay, not the recent reboot) has some trippy moments.