Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderator: Cream Gravy?
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Film Need some trippy/weird movie

brickk

Bluelighter
I tried searching for a similar topic but didn't find any, so if there is already a topic like this please redirect me there, thank you.

So I like trippy films, thrillers, horror, drugs and you know the weird stuff. I am looking for a good movie to watch.

I already watched all Lynch's filmography (all movies + Twin Peaks "saga").
Then the classics like Inception, Fight Club, Shutter Island, Interstellar, The Prestige and so on.
I found then some "rare" movies like The Jacket, Triangle, Predestination (love this one), but I am sure there are many more to discover.

Ingredients (not necessarily all together): drugs, meds, hallucinations, psychosis, time travels, paradoxes, mind-fuckers, plot twists (this is a must).

Any suggestion? :)

Cream Gravy?

Moderator: DC, F&TV, PD
Staff member
I watched The Holy Mountain the other day. I have no words to really describe it, if that peaks your interest.

Also, if you thought Interstellar was good, watch 2001: a Space Odyssey, the film Nolan ripped that plot from.

Oh and Blade Runner: The Director's Cut is probably my favorite mind-fuck film of all. Favorite film in general. They have the 'Final Cut' on Netflix right now and it's marginally different from the 90s released director's cut so it's an acceptable substitute.

Noodle473

Bluelighter
Strange Circus directed by Siono Sono is extremely twisted and features some dark psychedelic art.

novaveritas

Bluelighter
I tried searching for a similar topic but didn't find any, so if there is already a topic like this please redirect me there, thank you.

So I like trippy films, thrillers, horror, drugs and you know the weird stuff. I am looking for a good movie to watch.

I already watched all Lynch's filmography (all movies + Twin Peaks "saga").
Then the classics like Inception, Fight Club, Shutter Island, Interstellar, The Prestige and so on.
I found then some "rare" movies like The Jacket, Triangle, Predestination (love this one), but I am sure there are many more to discover.

Ingredients (not necessarily all together): drugs, meds, hallucinations, psychosis, time travels, paradoxes, mind-fuckers, plot twists (this is a must).

Any suggestion? :)
Jacobs Ladder

Cream Gravy?

Staff member
^Agh, I hated Enter the Void. Just my personal opinion. People either really love or really hate that director's films it seems (Gaspar Noe? (sp?)).

Jacobs Ladder
Decent film but not all that mind-bending imo. Interesting in that it's based upon a real drug program the military trialed using a substance known as BZ, designed to incapacitate enemy soldiers via hallucinations (I believe the drug BZ was based upon atropine alkaloids).

Burnt Offerings

Bluelighter

F.U.B.A.R.

Moderator: BDD, OD, LAVA
Staff member
Layer cake.

Drugs, violence, humour and plot twists a plenty...

Asclepius

Bluelight Crew
This. It's a terrible film but it does it so, so well. :D

Was looking for the old BR film but its fell into obscurity. Saw this trailer; apparently its "pretentiously, bad" [sic] - worth a watch then, imo.

Last edited:

nuube

Bluelighter
Jacobs Ladder, just amazing. Want to + on Enter the Void, Bladerunner and 2001 (I accidentally watched 2001 tripping and it was an intense experience!). I'll assume you've watched the first Matrix movie.

Eraserhead is a strange one but I urge caution as this one left me very disturbed and I was totally sober. If you want a dark one then maybe Hostel.

Personally speaking I love ones that make me laugh so Deadpool 1 & 2, Airplane fill that whil the Matrix takes me far beyond here!!

Cream Gravy?

Staff member
Oh it just came to my head, another Terry Gilliam film I think or maybe it was Ken Russel... anyways, The Adventures of Baron Munchausen. That’ll give you a laugh especially on dissos lol