• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Need some reassurance!!!

Josh1121

Greenlighter
So I got out of the hospital after a surgery 8 days of dilaudid iv was sent home with about 2-3 of oxies 5 didn't know at the time what withdrawal Felt like or symptoms were so after the light amount of oxies ran out after 3 days I started getting this horrible anxiety over sensitive emptyness felling and I've neve had any depression or anxiety before stated gettin scared that somethings changed me after surgery doc blew it off as a normal thing after surgery so they gave a Xanax Ativan wich did absolutely nothing except make tired not relaxed and didn't do anything for my anxiety exspecially when I was off work up late and by myself a lot so I turned to Vic and dilaudid worked great not a bit of anxiety totally content with watching movie still worried after 3-4 months after surgery that something changed that I would have this anxiety forever.after lots of googling and talking to my sis a nurse thinking back we figured it out so now I have quit cold turkey ending day 4 diarrhea is sup siding still having trouble holding down food due to heartburn that no Zantac seemed to help a bit dizzy and weak prob due to dehydrated but seems like the anxiety has kicked in which was the first symptom before is this normal and does this anxiety empty feeling go away ? I'm a bit scared I will have this anxiety feeling forever on and off

Josh, as bad as you feel, it is not forever. I suggest you talk with a psychiatrist. They are trained to help straighten up what's out of order. Remember that you did not do anything wrong. If I can give you some immediate help, I would suggest you try to relax. Now you know that your situation is temporary, you can relax a bit. If you are in a very upset state, talk to some family or close friends.

Josh, as bad as you feel, it is not forever. I suggest you talk with a psychiatrist. They are trained to help straighten up what's out of order. Remember that you did not do anything wrong. If I can give you some immediate help, I would suggest you try to relax. Now you know that your situation is temporary, you can relax a bit. If you are in a very upset state, talk to some family or close friends.

^ This.

A psychologist or counselor may be able to help you. And opiate withdrawals can have all the symptoms you are describing. Surgery meds are a common addiction starter, and you are lucky to realize it this early, because it can get much worse. A psychiatrist can help you cope until things get better, but as this poster mentioned, understand that it is temporary and will get better.