• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Need some information..fentanyl patch

xcursion88

Greenlighter
I'm new here and I must say this is the best real world forum. I mean seriously looking up certain drug combinations on other sites would have you worry over taking one more aspirin than just one.

Here it goes...
I was in a wreck 6 years ago. Was on life support for a while and broke back, neck...face and head rebuilt. More terminator than human. Pretty amazing work they did on me considering...as I look almost normal.

Having said the above I've been taking oxycodone for a long time. Now please before I get scolded for taking these for so long I NEVER abuse them. I've never taken more than 2 at one time. Essentially I take two 5mg every 3 hours. Now often times pending on what the barometer is doing I can wait or sometimes I take a second does 90 mins after the first one. After that point it's about every 2.5-3.5 hours. I get 360 a month

I used to take as needed but found myself at times the dose not catching up with the pain until a second dose. So now I just sort of take them as a routine. I'm a busy business owner these have become a huge part in keeping me moving.

I take them now once I wake...then potenitally an hour to two hours after a second. then I'm good reast of day. Occasionally on a real lousy day I will stack it with aspirin or tylenol. Again when the atmospoheric pressure is changing drastically I feel like I was hit by a truck.

I had masssive oral surgery done three weeks ago and the dentist didn't prescribe me anything. Matter of fact he said just take what you have now. IN doing just that my frequency occured a little for several days and I wasn't sleeping much. So it averaged maybe 18 of them in a 24 hour period...or so.

Regardless the mouth pain went away but now I find myself in that dreadful situation of the counting pills and not many left. I have enough for an average of four per day until I can get a new script which would be on the 1st of March.

Please don't ask how but I have access to Fentanyl patches of 12 and 25 (not sure how these are dosed) ...

My question is would taking one of these hurt me? What can I take with it and once March 1 hits can I just rip it off and and continue on my normal routine.

Please know I've always tried to monitor the oxycodone over the years every so often to see if any new long term effects have risen from it. Looking online etc to make sure all of a sudden a bunch of people are getting more sick from them. Aside from addiction part it all seems ok to this point.

Anyways back to the fentanyl ... any response on this would be great and I thank you in advance.

I believe the low dose one is 12.5 mcg per hour but I may be wrong....I think with ur tolerance u would be able to wear that patch and probably even the 25 mcg patch (Edit: Not at the same time obviously)....they should provide pain relief and prevent withdrawal for 2-3 days.

i used to be on the 25 mcg/hr fent patches. They should be about equal in strength to your oxy dose.

be careful though because if your oxy doctor drug tests you and you fail you will get kicked out and never be allowed to be pain free again depite having a broken neck and back. They would rather have you kill yourself from living without painkillers than get high one time.

If you do go ahead with the patch I don't think you can just rip it off and start taking oxy immediately. I'm not sure how they work exactly but the drug builds up under skin (sort of) so you'll want to wait a bit.

The BEST thing you can do in my opinion is to talk to your doctor about the problem you have. Doctors often surprise you in situations like this. You think they will get pissed at you or something but they can be much more understanding than you might think. It's not easy being on meds like this for years and years.... And they know that.

But.... If for whatever reason talking to your doctor is just not an option, yes... The fentanyl patches will provide you with relief. I've been on them for 7 years. But FYI it often takes like 2 to 4 days of wearing the patches(if not more) before they really start to work at full strength. So don't give up on them too quickly.

thanks for the replies....

Can anyone confirm if I can just remove the patch when I can fill my script and wearing the 25 patch ..just one of course ..that I will be ok...given my size of 5'11 and a muscular 235# ???

Secondly given this appears to not start working for some time ,,,,would it be ok for me to take a 5mg oxy..then later in the day another 5 mg oxy until the patch is working? Would that be too much and put me on the floor?

I just need to make a few days until I can resume my normal routine without this ridiculous dull constant ache in my back and neck.

Thanks again everyone

No one can tell you with certainty if that would be safe for you. Mixing opiates is dangerous and even if you plan to remove the patch when you get the oxys, it could still be in your system for some time. Fentanyl is notoriously dangerous, as you probably know. Mixing Fentanyl with other opiates or other CNS depressants is even more dangerous. It is not a chemical to be taken lightly - it is strong enough to be a chemical weapon. Many Bluelighters here have had their lives claimed by Fentanyl.

The best suggestion I can give you is to follow your doctor's advice. If you ignore that and try out Fentanyl, please be very very careful with it.